Supports Details - Duplicates & Packs *Updated (4/11/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2018 in MPQ Supports Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Starting soon, players will be able to earn Red Iso-8 from Story and Versus Events. Players will also be able to earn Support tokens in Story event vaults, and placement rewards from Infinity Stone Versus Seasons. Once we make the R150 update live for all players, new events will be updated to include these new rewards.

Here is some information on how to get Supports and Red Iso-8:

Duplicate Supports

• When you receive a lower-rank or equal-rank copy of a Support you already own, you will receive Red Iso-8
  • The amount of Red Iso-8 you receive is dependent on the rank of the duplicate Support.
    • Rank 1: 1,400 Red Iso-8
    • Rank 2: 7,000 Red Iso-8
    • Rank 3: 12,000 Red Iso-8
    • Rank 4: 16,000 Red Iso-8
    • Rank 5: 24,000 Red Iso-8
  • When you receive a higher rank copy of a Support you already own, the Support is upgraded to the higher rank and you receive Red Iso-8 based on the previous rank. 
    • So if you have a Rank 1 support and you find a Rank 3 copy of it, it’ll be upgraded to Rank 3, and you’ll get the Red Iso-8 you’d get if you found a duplicate Rank 1 Support. (The upgraded Support keeps all of its levels when it upgrades.)

Support Store

• Redeem Beginner, Advanced, and Master Support tokens to open Support packs
    • Beginner pack contains a Rank 1, 2, or 3 Support.
    • Advanced pack contains a Rank 2, 3, or 4 Support.
    • Master pack contains a Rank 4 or 5 Support.
  • The Support store is visible once you have Support tokens.

Comments

• geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    oh good they "solved" my fear of there just being one store and letting RNGesus take the wheel, making it impossible to max supports lol now to wait until tomorrow to test them out, hopefully i can put one on Rhodey to help kick thanos's butt
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do we have an ETA on R150?
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Tomorrow!
  • Brigby
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of the Support Details. Thank you!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of the Support Details. Thank you!
    Okay, so these starter tokens we're all supposed to see tomorrow: whither details on that? Is it tied to SHIELD rank? What should players at various ranks and SCL expect from the initial drop and what sort of tokens they can earn in the immediate future? 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also I'm curious if there's any kind of grandfathering system here or is everyone getting literally the same "starter pack" to begin with?

Like, are long running rosters getting 5 supports, but newbies with only two 3*s will only get 1 support?
    Will longer running rosters get more starting ISO?

I'm assuming we all start off the same to keep things balanced.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have seen at least one confirmation that everyone is starting with the same 3 Supports and the same amount of red iso. (As long as they have a 3* character rostered.)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw this post in another thread:

You can earn additional Supports by redeeming Support tokens. Support tokens can be earned in Season rewards (starting with the upcoming Reality Season which begins May 3rd) and found in vaults and bundles.

Are Support Tokens purchaseable using Hero Points or Command Points? Red Iso-8 is meant to only level up Support. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

Starting soon, players will be able to earn Red Iso-8 from Story and Versus Events. Players will also be able to earn Support tokens in Story event vaults, and placement rewards from Infinity Stone Versus Seasons. 
    So, basically PvP will be the main source of Supports, while in PvE, we will have to buy vaults.
    Too early to judge, but i dont like the idea that PvP (both regular events and season) will be the main source of supports... at least before damage caused by 5*s (especially the overpowered ones) is fixed.
  • veny
    geno685 said:
    Tomorrow!
    You mean Thursday...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    geno685 said:
    Tomorrow!
    You mean Thursday...
    No, tomorrow (or later today for most people). Here, "We will launch this feature with 14 new Supports starting on Tuesday with more to come all year long." 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    veny said:
    geno685 said:
    Tomorrow!
    You mean Thursday...
    No, tomorrow (or later today for most people). Here, "We will launch this feature with 14 new Supports starting on Tuesday with more to come all year long." 
    I suspect that's an Amazon player..
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    If we have issues with supports, is there a support team we can reach out to for support?
  • veny
    JHawkInc said:
    veny said:
    geno685 said:
    Tomorrow!
    You mean Thursday...
    I see now, sorry. Its strange since thursday is usually an update day plus this week new PvE also starts in thursday.
    Well, at least for me, cuz i see you wrote "tomorrow" today at 7AM and its damn tuesday for me already :D
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I am looking at the support and it is going to take some time to get used remembering to load up the supports.  I can see myself consistently forgetting to place the supports on characters.  Especially for the beginning since as a 5* player it will probably take a while to level up to make a difference.
  • Brigby

Forum Question: Where will we discuss Supports? Is this considered a Character Discussion or will there be a new sub-discussion specifically for Supports?

That's definitely a good question! For now, please feel free to talk about Supports in the Character Discussion section. Depending on the amount of conversation generated from Supports though, we may consider creating a designated sub-forum specifically for Supports discussions.