Which 4* Should I Champ Next? Rogue, Cage, TA Hulk

Dixo
Dixo Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
So I've got a cover for all three and enough time/iso to champ one of the three but not sure which one. Any thoughts to help? Rogue or Cage seem like the best fit but not sure

Comments

• dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Rogue will be at higher odds in packs and is the best of these. She's a great tank and annoying in pvp on defense. 
  • DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    The shield without shields. Rogue.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) Rogue
    2) Cage
    3) Chulk
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champed my Rogue because she was the character i could champ at the time, I kind of didn't "get" her at release and never used her. What am I doing wrong that y'all love her so much and mine just gets stomped flat every time i try and use her? Who is the Rogue Team? From this list, I wish I had a C4ge at champion the most, because I love using Hobofist and think they'd pair well with other characters I already have champed.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I champed my Rogue because she was the character i could champ at the time, I kind of didn't "get" her at release and never used her. What am I doing wrong that y'all love her so much and mine just gets stomped flat every time i try and use her? Who is the Rogue Team? From this list, I wish I had a C4ge at champion the most, because I love using Hobofist and think they'd pair well with other characters I already have champed.
    she's a player that forces any attackers to pay attention to the colors they match which slows them down. who she pairs with is almost irrelevant. I like her protecting vulture or any other character that dictates play as most want to take him down before he gets airborne. she can accelerate with her green, but if you don't have someone spamming whatever color she is doubling her nuke will go off (which isn't bad because it hits hard and one shots almost anyone in the 4 tier when boosted). her red is her worst power, but can be used as a board shakeup and to remove any countdowns or pesky tiles. her opponents determine what colors she can accelerate.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I champed my Rogue because she was the character i could champ at the time, I kind of didn't "get" her at release and never used her. What am I doing wrong that y'all love her so much and mine just gets stomped flat every time i try and use her? 
       I've had her champed for a few weeks myself because I heard that she was very good but in using her she has not been used in PVE at all yet but I'm starting to use her a lot more in PVP because of two reasons:  she takes away damage from your team and AP denial of someone that has a very damaging "stongest" color.  For instance, when C4rol was boosted a few weeks ago, match a few green and you take away C4rol's best weapon from her and if you had C4rol on your team you were swimming in black AP.  So my "strategy" with her would be to see if you have a dangerous character that you are playing against that has it's most damaging powers as it's strongest color then you can fairly easily take that power away from the other team.  When she likely gets boosted next week I'm really looking forward to using her a lot, especially during PVP, because she'll tank so many colors that any damage coming in she will likely lessen the damage to her own self when an enemy fires a power. 
  • Dormammu
    My go-to Rogue team is Rogue/Vulture/Prof X

Rogue is a tricky character who will really shine if two things happen:
    1) She's in front as much as possible
    2) Someone is making defense tiles to make her tanking ability even better

This team accomplishes both of those tasks. Put Vulture in battery mode at 5/5/3 and keep him airborne as much as possible, firing his green and blue abilities whenever he fills up with AP. All of his antics are going to trigger Prof X's tile spam, some of which will be protect tiles - try to keep those on the board. If you can, get Prof X invisible. With Vulture airborne and Prof X invisible, Rogue will always be in front. With defense tiles out, she will be taking little to no damage. Vulture is going to be providing the bulk your offense, but he'll also generate a trickle of red every turn for Rogue's big punch.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Does swapping professor X out for Nico work there? My PX is Lvl 111 (3/2/3), but my Nico is champed as well. Not sure if she tanks colors over Rogue; probably blue/purple at least
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does swapping professor X out for Nico work there? My PX is Lvl 111 (3/2/3), but my Nico is champed as well. Not sure if she tanks colors over Rogue; probably blue/purple at least
    She would work there, but it would be a significantly weaker team. In two regards in particular: 1) You have a much smaller range of options for generating special tiles. Chuck kicks them out anytime anyone fires any power, but Nico needs either yellow, or for anything other than Protects, both purple and getting hit (while on a team designed to prevent anyone other than Rogue from getting hit) to create them. And 2), part of the goal is setting it up so it's literally impossible for any single-target attack to hit anyone other than Rogue. Sometimes, you're going to be stuck with nothing but blue or purple matches right when the enemy has a big nuke ready. It also leaves Riri as a possible counter, since her red can hit Nico when she's in the back, but can't hit Chuck when he's invisible.
  • Dormammu
    Not really, but Invisible woman is an option, her yellow is cheap and set at 5 it adds two somewhat beefy protect tiles and sets IW invisible and out of Rogue's way. Mr. F is another option - his blue stun creates fortified protect tiles and is a 3-turn stun; Vulture will be feeding him blue too - but he'll tank his colors over Rogue. Sandman is another interesting option, Rogue should tank everything but purple and his yellow spams a lot of protect tiles.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    My "classic" 4* roster is not super usable yet. My IW is 2/4/4 lvl 152, and my Sandman (being the first 4* to drop out of latest before I could champ him since i started champing 4*s with Medusa) is 5/4/3 lvl 209.

I feel like i've thread-jacked this conversation somehwat; Did you end up champing anybody, OP?