The X-Men Vs. Apocalypse - Event Details (4/4/18)

13»

Comments

• Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I'm using X Force Wolvie, Cyclops and Teen Jean and they've been wrecking it.  Basically, I have three ways to get rid of death tiles, Jean's purple, Wolvie's Black can usually do the trick and if those fail, Wolvie's green can usually shake the board enough to get the tile.

Red is my strongest color with this set up, so Cyclops just feeds himself to get rid of famine then boom, I take him out with any of the big hits on the team.  

I didn't think it would work out as well as it has been.

I've been using Grocket and Gamora along with the required for the side nodes and have been breezing along there as well.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The team I was using was XFW, XFDeadpool, and Cloak and Dagger.  Green is the team's most powerful color (why???), but you really only care about purple and black.
    Strongest colour is just based on match damage. It's not actually uncommon for it to line up with a passive or someone's worst power. Or even, in the case of 1* Venom, no power at all (Seriously, his strongest colour is also green).
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    The team I was using was XFW, XFDeadpool, and Cloak and Dagger.  Green is the team's most powerful color (why???), but you really only care about purple and black.
    Strongest colour is just based on match damage. It's not actually uncommon for it to line up with a passive or someone's worst power. Or even, in the case of 1* Venom, no power at all (Seriously, his strongest colour is also green).
    I was fully expecting it to be black, since all three of them have a black ability (passive or active)  When I saw it was green, and that Surgical Strike could go very, very quickly...well, that just made my day.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Having a bad ability on the strongest colour isn't necessarily a bad thing in this fight given Apocalypse's AP drain ability.
  • Jomu5
    Jomu5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Why does the attack damage from cloak& dagger not count towards the team damage for the war horseman?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jomu5 said:
    Why does the attack damage from cloak& dagger not count towards the team damage for the war horseman?
    I was thinking the same thing when I was fooling around with Story and Clagger and Storm's black was cracking out serious damage and the tile wouldn't disappear.  I think the reason is that Apocalypse's tile said power and match damage.  Attack tiles are "extra" damage that doesn't fall into match or power damage.  Or at least that's the only way it makes sense.  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    If players can’t defeat Apocolypse (say, an alliance at high rounds with low level roster players), you can skip the Apocolypse fight after you hit him once. Then, any time after that you can retreat and play the side nodes.  It used to be that you had to pause as soon as you hit him (before he heals).  Now you don’t need to be exact with the timing.

On the other hand, if things are going badly, you don’t get the free second chance anymore.
  • ScottieJoJo
    ScottieJoJo Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    3* cyclops, 3* storm and Vulture (5/3/5) were my dream team. Storm was my strongest, so green was my strongest color. Goal was to get black ASAP. You can boost if you're worried, but I never had to and never got killed once on my road to max progression. In latter rounds, sometimes vulture would come back and I still wouldn't have enough green to get rid of the AP horseman, but I would have enough green for storm. So I would fire her green, which would get me more black, and then I would have enough green AP the next time vulture landed. The focus was of course to keep Apoc from getting red, which cyclops would be more than happy to use. I never used cyclops yellow, as I didn't want any more red on the board for Apoc to use. I would use storms yellow for lots of cascades. Now and then I would find myself with 30 black (no complaints there) so I could use cyclops to finish him off quickly. In the meantime vultures blue would be going off, getting rid of attack tiles and countdown tiles, hitting Apoc for over 6k. It was a dream team.
    If my Rogue was stronger (or if she had been powered up this event), I might have used her instead of Cyclops. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby any reason Black Bolt's cover in the Heroes for Hire store was green instead of black? Seemed like it should have been black since Silver Surfer's cover was red when it was offered not too long ago. Can you tell me if the next classic featured will have their first or second cover for the Heroes for Hire option? 
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    My Bobbi needed the last purple cover to get fully covered so I was desperate to at least make the personal target. Found her boosted with the secret mission Insta-kill very useful. Pick up enough purple, make one red match and get the red to stop the drain and trigger Bombshell. In the early rounds I only ever had him match away the tiles once, had it 'backfire' a few times but even those times was enough to kill him anyway. The fifth round has his health a little too high for a single red Bombshell so had a few losses. I used Medusa a lot with Cyclops and Bobbi to keep them alive long enough or Switch to get the purple. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby any reason Black Bolt's cover in the Heroes for Hire store was green instead of black? Seemed like it should have been black since Silver Surfer's cover was red when it was offered not too long ago. Can you tell me if the next classic featured will have their first or second cover for the Heroes for Hire option? 
    Because my Black Bolt is 6/1/2, and needs a black?  But seriously, it's been like that with the Heroes for Hire for the 4-stars as well.  Hulkbuster had his red and Medusa had her yellow, when they should have started off the wave of second covers.  Not very helpful for my son's roster, with his 5/1/4 Hulkbuster and 4/0/1 Medusa. :(
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    My Bobbi needed the last purple cover to get fully covered so I was desperate to at least make the personal target. Found her boosted with the secret mission Insta-kill very useful. Pick up enough purple, make one red match and get the red to stop the drain and trigger Bombshell. In the early rounds I only ever had him match away the tiles once, had it 'backfire' a few times but even those times was enough to kill him anyway. The fifth round has his health a little too high for a single red Bombshell so had a few losses. I used Medusa a lot with Cyclops and Bobbi to keep them alive long enough or Switch to get the purple. 
    Having 5 in red for Bobbi makes a big difference as they become fortified tiles, and much less likely to be matched away in those 2 turns. She was definitely my go-to heavy hitter this event
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Has there ever been any explanation offered for why there's a 4hr rotation at the end of these boss events? Never seems to make much sense that it goes 8hr, 8hr, 8hr, 8hr... 4hr! It meant I missed out on 2.5k of iso this time round.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    Has there ever been any explanation offered for why there's a 4hr rotation at the end of these boss events? Never seems to make much sense that it goes 8hr, 8hr, 8hr, 8hr... 4hr! It meant I missed out on 2.5k of iso this time round.

Relic of a time before time slices.
    Back in the Stone Age, every PVE would end at 6am CET, like the boss events do now.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    Richyyy said:

Relic of a time before time slices.
    Back in the Stone Age, every PVE would end at 6am CET, like the boss events do now.
    Seems like they could just start them 4hrs earlier or later and then you'd have regular windows all the way through.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    lol, my alliance didn't even get one jubilee cover.  No one wanted to play this garbage boss.  Hopefully this will be the last time they run it