5 premium packs and only 1 mythic?

Options
2»

Comments

• Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've mentioned this before , but for Houdin and others that have contributed quite a bit financially , there should be a second tier of purchases whether its after completing the recent set of rares to commons or a number of premium packs have been bought. Once these conditions have been met or if people have other ideas ,an option to buy pink gems should be available. Buying 60 RIX packs should be rewarded with something or some variation of the above mentioned.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why does this topic make people indignant? Good job on recording everything you do in this game . I do not and will never treat my hobby like a job . People who do that are helpful, and I thank them. Nobody expects that of you . Keep that in mind and treat everybody accordingly. 
  • Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Volrak said:
    Houdin said:
    I think I will record for volrak on dominaria.

For ixalan right now I've opened 60 premium packs which by drip rate should have netted me 23.3 mythics.
    I have only pulled 15.
    That would definitely be appreciated!

Actually, if you opened 60 RIX PPs then in fact the published drop rates would mean an expected average of 29 total mythic drops, not 23.  (Just multiplying the chance per PP by number of PPs doesn't work, because there's also a chance of getting 2 or more mythics per PP which doesn't get accounted for.  29 comes from converting reported odds per pack into odds per card, and then multiplying that by number of cards.)

I'm not sure whether you got 15 non-dupe mythics or 15 total mythic drops.  If total drops, it's really low (bottom 1% of luck based on published drop rates).  15 non-dupes would be kind of expected though since RIX has only 17 mythics in the set.

15 mythics total. of those 5 were dupes.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Skiglass6 said:
    Skiglass6 said:
    I am worried about the current flow of crystals and the possibility this will squeeze me out of this game. We have had quite a few PW’s drop really close. The new events are not running and a few other cases in decreases crystal rewards have depleted the over abundance I had built up during the transition. I am ok with this but the end of the rare reward and almost all rewards being XLN packs, the next set will come out and I will have no way to purchase the new set and not much of RIX to show for all of those resources. 

Can you prove the decrease in Crystal rewards? I don't see it.
    I hate to respond to this since I do not have the exact facts and do not want to be castrated for not being exact. We had a steady flow  of 2 coalition events every week that carried crystals as progression, personal placement, and coalition placement. There has been a least two weeks in a row that we have only had 1.  I was also thinking that the individual PVE event gave out more than 20 crystals, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong. 
    Sorry about the brusqueness of my previous reply. Like many others, I felt like Crystals were in really short supply these few weeks. And we have been having lesser events per week than pre-XLN. So I tallied up the rewards based on the past week's events since I didn't keep track of what events we've been having over the past weeks.

Overall, it seems like Crystals earned are more or less about the same. Which is primarily due to the 60 Crystals more a week from Across Ixalan and the increased Progression rewards from RtO, BoFT, HoD or ToS covering up for the lack of events. By the way, the rewards for each event has not changed. Non-coalition PvE events have always given a whole bunch of Runes and only 20 Crystals with 2 boosters plus a guaranteed Rare at the end for Platinum.

What we had pre-XLN was 7x TG, a coalition PvP on weekdays, a coalition PvE on weekends, a Legacy PvP, a non-coalition Standard PvP, and a non-coalition PvE. So the numbers for a Platinum player came up like this:

Co = Coalition, NC = Non-coalition, Leg = Legacy, Std = Standard, b = 5-card booster, R = guaranteed Rare

Pre-XLN Progression
    7x TG + Co PvP + Co PvE + Leg PvP + NC Std PvP + NC PvE
    105 + 55 + 60 + 0 + 0 + 55 + 20 = 295 Crystals

Week of 2nd to 8th April 2018
    7x TG + 6x Across XLN + Terror + RatC + RtO
    105 + 60 + 0 + 20 + 140 = 325 Crystals

So Crystals-wise it seemed like we are getting more nowadays for what feels like less matches.

On to card packs and guaranteed Rares, we have

Pre-XLN Progression
    Co PvP + Co PvE + Leg PvP + NC Std PvP + NC PvE
    StD b + 2x Std b & 1 basic b + Leg b & R + Std b + 2 Std b & 1 R = 6 Std b + 1 Leg b + 1 basic b + 1 Std R + 1 Leg R (6+1, 1+1)

Week of 2nd to 8th April 2018
    6x Across XLN + Terror + RatC + RtO
    6x XLN b + SOI b + 2x AKH b + 2x XLN b = 8x XLN b + 2x AKH b + 1 SOI b (10+1, 0+0)

Excluded from above are the coalition rewards, that would have added 1 more guaranteed Rare for top 100 coalitions in the past and another for top 50 coalitions. For this week, it would add only 1 XLN booster.

The contention here is whether guaranteed Rares or packs are better. A pack can be as valuable (calculated in Orbs) as 1.3x of a Rare to only a fraction of it depending on the status of your card collection. Guaranteed Rares also provide assurance of getting a card of that rarity, which people value as well. We get more packs a week now but it seems many people don't notice that or don't deem it significant enough to make up for the loss of guaranteed Rares.

Another point of contention is that we are barely getting any RIX packs since only BoFT awards RIX packs. XLN has not been well-received and its drop rates aren't stellar so people may not feel like they're getting much out of the packs.

I do think the feeling of a reward crunch comes from not seeing the guaranteed Rare any more, as well as the need to cough up Crystals for 5 planeswalkers over a short period of one and a half months. But if there are any other factors I have omitted, do let me know.
  • span_argoman
    Options
    Aeroplane said:
    Oh oh, the magic police are out. Most people are not into doing spread sheets for games on their device. Some people, just come on here to let off steam whether its bias or not ,like my topic here after a bad run of luck. Give people a break and don't give me a sermon reply. Just want enjoy the game, rant a bit and celebrate a good draw from a pack once in awhile.  "stop whingeing and put in some effort to record their tinykitty drops"   These type of comments push the casual player away.
    Let's make a guess whether people seeing a forum full of players complaining about the drop rates is more likely to drive casual players away or a veteran player asking another veteran player to do some groundwork to back up his accusations that the developers are deceptive is more likely to. What's your guess?

Volrak has been patiently explaining about the probabilities and suggestions on how the experience could be improved to those who would listen. And then people jump in and say that based on the pack opening results of themselves and the people whom they know, they suspect that the drop rates are deceptive.

Bearing in mind that these people didn't show any indication that they recorded their drops, just recalling how many Mythics they opened. Did they remember the coalitions members who were lucky and opened more in a pack? No one knows.

I've been on these forums for two years and it's the same tired story every time someone hits a bad streak of packs. Did the publishers lower the drop rates? I've opened 7 Premium Packs and gotten only 1 Mythic! Maybe there's some truth to their claims but if we don't collate the data, only D3 will know whether there's a real issue or not. And good luck trying to get them to reply whether their in-game published rates for the packs are deceptive or not.

It's like that friend you know whose room light is broken and he complains about it all the time but refuses to take the effort to change the lightbulb.

Why does this topic make people indignant? Good job on recording everything you do in this game . I do not and will never treat my hobby like a job . People who do that are helpful, and I thank them. Nobody expects that of you . Keep that in mind and treat everybody accordingly. 
    I don't expect that of everyone either. But if a person is going to complain about something and throw accusations after someone else has so nicely explained how these things can happen, the least they could do is to back up their claims. Else it's as good as us sitting here and arguing whether someone saw a ghost. As far as I know, collecting a large amount of data on drops is the best way to determine whether the rates are correct or not. If there is another better and more efficient way to do it, I'm open to hearing it.

I only care that all this is taking place on the official forums, which is where people looking up the game might come to have an idea of the game before trying and where the developers currently get their feedback . God forbid that their impression becomes that the posters here are just perpetually dissatisfied players. I doubt they would take our suggestions seriously then.

This is not about me trying to assert superiority cause I record my drops and many people don't. Like you guys said, it's just a game and different people enjoy their games in different ways. I'm just wondering how if something bothers people, and bothering them enough to start accusing others of mistreating them, why is it that they don't put in that bit of effort to do something about it?
  • Toodles
    Toodles Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’ve had great success opening packs.  Sorry to hear others haven’t. I won’t record my drop rates, but I will say I generally have every card I need to make any deck I want regardless of format. 

One thing i wish they would implement, rather than the aforementioned ‘pity timer’ is a jewel, gem or crystal you could activate for increased drop rates over a set amount of time (20 minutes would be plenty.) Maybe include it with cash purchases of crystals or in the mythic and planeswalkers bundles?
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have to report on my lucky opening just now.

I have had dreadful RNG before but decided to buy another RIX PP since I have enough crystals for Huatli2 and DOM is some time off still.

So I got three mythics (Etali, Polyraptor and Twilight prophet) and also three new Rares!

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’ve been quite lucky opening packs since around Christmas.  If I didn’t record my packs it probably wouldn’t be obvious.  When you get a lucky pull, you’re happy for a day or 2 then you forget it.  If you have bad pulls for a week or two, every new bad pull feels like a crime.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    I have to report on my lucky opening just now.

I have had dreadful RNG before but decided to buy another RIX PP since I have enough crystals for Huatli2 and DOM is some time off still.

So I got three mythics (Etali, Polyraptor and Twilight prophet) and also three new Rares!

Etali is the one I'm chasing , 6/6 haste and gives you a free card every turn if not held in check. I got Polyraptor that costs more at 20, 5\5 to start and has the worst mechanic of the set with enrage. Overall  I'd have those pulls,though. my best pull has to be Legions Landing that helps W/G Huatli token ramp.
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @span_argoman
    Thank you for your response and your breakdown. It is tough for me make comment other than my feelings, I guess, since I definitely do not keep track like you have. So, I did make mention the the rapid fire PW’s release and I would agree you that is probably why I was feeling a crystal crunch.  I also have bought some random RIX PP trying to get some broken dinosaurs that I haven’t been able to get. I usually stop after getting all of the commons and uncommons of a set but my Dino decks are sparse. 
  • span_argoman
    Options
    @Skiglass6
    Yeah I was caught totally unaware by the rapid release of RIX. I've had to scrimp for Crystals to be able to afford all the new planeswalkers. To date I've only opened 5 RIX packs and not a single Mythic pull from any of them. I had to rely on the Elite Packs to be able to own any RIX Mythics lol.