Fighting Yourself in Behemoth Burrito

2»

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    gentgeen said:
    Burrito today featured Quake v Quake, which was unexpected.

... and that was a horrible team / match .... With green being the only real damage, and with OBW just kept stealing.... it took forever.  (I downed their Quake first, but then OBW just keep stealing, and then Anti-Grav healing herself and IronMan.  Just got into this horrible loop)

I actually saved Quake for last because she was such a non-threat in a Quake/Quake matchup.  I targeted OBW -> IM40 -> Quake.  2* Bullseye was my MVP which really highlights how silly this Burrito matchup was...and I like Quake FAR more than is merited in this game.
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited March 2018
    Today we get IM40 vs. IM40 in the Burrito.  If we ignore the Enchilada duplicates, we have (almost) reached the end of March, and have seen no more than 7 days without having a duplicate this month. 

There are (currently) 65 four star, 47 3 star, and 14 2 star... 

If I remember math correctly, and we assume each tier has a duplicate character (even though it is not always true) then that means there is around 35,880 different combinations when forming team 1.   

(65 * 46 * 12) = 35,880

Once Team 1 is chosen, team 2 does have more limited set to choose from.  Again, assuming there are duplicates at every level and we have to rule out 3 (non-dup) characters on team 1, we now only have 62 choices, 44 choices, and 11 choices.   Which means we have around 23,994 different combinations when forming team 2.

(62 * 43 * 9) = 23,994

So we have some 23,000 different team combinations that would NOT have any duplicates, why is it we can not go more than 7 days without having a duplicate?

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I think you are drastically underestimating the number of options available. For the Burrito matches, I see over a billion options for building two teams without having to fight yourself.
    Here is how I calculated that:

Start with the 2*s:  There are 14 total
     - Bagman can't be the essential for the player, so there are 13 options for the player's team
     - Bagman can be on the enemy team, but you can't use the one from the players team, so 13 options there

For the 3*s: There are 47 total
     - The player can't use either character already being used as a 2*, so 45 options
     - The enemy can't use either 2* or the 3* from the player's team, 44 options here

For the 4*s: There are 65 total, with 2 Limited
     - The player can't have a limited for the essential, or anyone already picked in the other spots, 59 options
     - The enemy can have the limited, but not one already used elsewhere, 60 options

13 * 13 * 45 * 44 * 59 * 60 = 1,184,554,800

However, many of those options would be similar to the others as you only have to swap out one character to make a new option.

For each the player's team alone, I calculate 34,515 options (13 * 45 * 59). For each of those there are 34,320 options (13 * 44 * 60) for enemy teams without fighting yourself.

• gentgeen
    Technically, I am pretty sure the correct odds would depend highly on the "picking order" due to the fact that each 'seat' of the 6 seats available all have a different total possible to begin with, ( 14/13 for two stars, 47/47 for three stars, and 65/63 for four stars ) and THEN you have to subtract for previous choices.  (I think there are 14 different picking orders total :-D )

Point definitely remains the same, there are a LOT of options!  Enough options that there is no need or reason to ever have the "fight self" scenario in the Burrito.  

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    gentgeen said:
    Technically, I am pretty sure the correct odds would depend highly on the "picking order" due to the fact that each 'seat' of the 6 seats available all have a different total possible to begin with, ( 14/13 for two stars, 47/47 for three stars, and 65/63 for four stars ) and THEN you have to subtract for previous choices.  (I think there are 14 different picking orders total :-D )

Point definitely remains the same, there are a LOT of options!  Enough options that there is no need or reason to ever have the "fight self" scenario in the Burrito.  

They should work out the same regardless of picking order. No matter how you arrange it, there are still the same number of total possible teams, and the same number of possible teams with no dupes. All of those options will end up being accounted for, no matter where you start going through them.
  • gentgeen
    March 28 ... 1 day after IM40 match up , we get IM40 on our side, vs Hulkbuster.  I guess Tony put one of them in remote mode?

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Not the Burrito but the second row of the SHIELD training has Iceman fighting Iceman, THEN the very next node, Mockingbird faces Mockingbird!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    All of these duplicates are just getting us ready for the Captain Marvel movie, which will introduce the Skrull into the MCU.
  • gentgeen
    All of these duplicates are just getting us ready for the Captain Marvel movie, which will introduce the Skrull into the MCU.
    That is his story and he is sticking to it :smiley:

I forget if it was the 6th or 7th, but we had another IM vs IM in the Burrito