Brand New Supports Feature! (4/5/18)

Comments

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I'm on the fence about this.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Foggy Nelson and Night Nurse would be great supports for the Defenders. 

Dazzler should be a support that can only be applied to characters with the “new” tag as the forum joke is every new character is Dazzler. That would be either an amazing idea as a support or an April Fools announcement for next year.  Think about it D3!
    That's a great idea 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Foggy Nelson and Night Nurse would be great supports for the Defenders. 

Dazzler should be a support that can only be applied to characters with the “new” tag as the forum joke is every new character is Dazzler. That would be either an amazing idea as a support or an April Fools announcement for next year.  Think about it D3!
    That would be so disappointing.

Unlike many others I legitimately want Dazzler in the game.
  • dhaarga
    dhaarga Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    This is brilliant. Much applause. Looking forward to it. Great gameplay enhancement and by making vaults more appealing and fun.

Now also please make it easier to collect and finish characters that we have since there is an additional resource and items to collect. :) Shameless request right after an amazing announcement.

Seriously this is great. Thanks!
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    I’d like to see Happy and the Koenig brothers. Dont see them ever make into game in full force, so this would be nice way.
    May and FitzSimmons should get characters in game, especially seeing Bobbi got in, but if not, surely should get a support for Agents..
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I'm wondering how much people would be a fan of it if the red iso substitutes the normal purple iso as rewards. Taking the 30k or so of normal PvE reward down to say 15k red and purple each?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm wondering how much people would be a fan of it if the red iso substitutes the normal purple iso as rewards. Taking the 30k or so of normal PvE reward down to say 15k red and purple each?
    They specifically said they won’t do that. I would personally not be in favor of that, although it’s hard to form an opinion with no details yet about costs to upgrade etc.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they remove even 10 iso and replace it with red I’ll be upset. Iso is my biggest need and I don’t want my iso lowered at all (and not just directly, but vaults and champ levels as well). 

I’m already reeling from the change to XP. Takes forever to level up now and that iso is sorely missed. 

I was hoping the big feature was something to help with the iso crunch. If instead they further diminish our iso income in favor of supports that would be a big slap in the face. I rarely use boosts. I rarely use team ups. I’m guessing this feature will be the same thing. If we lose iso in top of that... yeah...
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    If they remove even 10 iso and replace it with red I’ll be upset. Iso is my biggest need and I don’t want my iso lowered at all (and not just directly, but vaults and champ levels as well). 

I’m already reeling from the change to XP. Takes forever to level up now and that iso is sorely missed. 

I was hoping the big feature was something to help with the iso crunch. If instead they further diminish our iso income in favor of supports that would be a big slap in the face. I rarely use boosts. I rarely use team ups. I’m guessing this feature will be the same thing. If we lose iso in top of that... yeah...
    Im with you on the iso need part. Eventhough im on the verge of being free of the iso chase, its the most important resource. Period. That should not get tempered with.

But for the boosts and TUs, i dont think this will be the same. Its mainly, you put it on your most used toons, and dont have to look back kinda feature. You wont have to check or select before of during each game. Especially with the 2h cool down period, you wont have to bother too long. Might just take a minute to decide before you start grind, climb, hop or whatever you need to do..
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    On the positive side, this looks like a fun new feature that could add extra levels to gameplay and will give us hoarders another thing to collect.  Hopefully it'll also be good for the game's bottom line, and we'll still have the game to entertain us in a coupe of years time (although having witnessed the frenzy during Digital Day and the recent HP sale I've never had any real concerns on that front).

On the negative side, for yet another season nothing has been done to address the Gambit issue which for me, having him champed, makes the game stale enough I'm taking an extended break from PvP, and for some of those without makes 5* PvP unplayable.  And despite what appeared to be a successful and well received test, nothing has been announced to address tapping.

I can understand why priority has been given to this new feature, but am so disappointed at the continual lack of time/resource being given to balance the game which surely in what is essentially an MMO game should be something that is continually monitored and addressed.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Ptahhotep said:
    Will supports and red iso be added to the daily rewards?
    Now this is a good idea. Replace standard tokens after a certain number of days with supports.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    How much Red ISO can I purchase for say $99.99?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the princely sum of $100, you can get a hefty 50,000 red ISO.

Maybe.

Probably.

:tongue:
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    My guess is not enough to make it worth it. 
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    It says in the marvel article it would only be availible in events ans SPECIAL offers so you wont be able to buy it regularly like iso8 
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Very excited to see supports in action.  B)
    Should shake-up those nodes where it is mandatory to take a character who is often under-covered - especially the DDQ 4* duels, where some combination of health and special tile effects might make victory attainable with much fewer covers.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bag-man only: Spider-mobile! Who needs webs when you have a nifty spider-buggy/dune/thingy. Gives Bag-man a 50% chance of not being useless.
    What perks should the Spider-mobile offer to Hawkeye and Wolverine?
    Restores OML to his pre-Nerf status and Hawkeye obtain DD's Sonar Strike ability.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bag-man only: Spider-mobile! Who needs webs when you have a nifty spider-buggy/dune/thingy. Gives Bag-man a 50% chance of not being useless.
    Restores OML to his pre-Nerf status and Hawkeye obtain DD's Sonar Strike ability.

Or to mix it up, restores Hawkeye to his pre-change state: a Support that re-enables his old "Avoid" ability!
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Ptahhotep said:
    Will supports and red iso be added to the daily rewards?
    Now this is a good idea. Replace standard tokens after a certain number of days with supports.
    Or why not just make supports (and/or Red Iso) something you can draw from Standard tokens? They're basically 'covers' anyway, just of random things and minor characters rather than the main ones. And low-end supports that you already have just convert to red iso anyway, so it'd basically be the same as selling your 1*/2*s for scraps of normal iso.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Or to mix it up, restores Hawkeye to his pre-change state: a Support that re-enables his old "Avoid" ability!
    Zounds! That was before my time!