Cover availability in card packs

Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Update Edit: It looks like all available covers can be pulled from the Standard pack and everything 2** and above can be pulled from the Heroic pack.

In light of the card store not displaying everything found in the different card packs, here is a list of what covers can be found in which card packs. I will update any errors or new additions.

Heroic card pack
    4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
    Wolverine (X-Force)
3 Star Rarity (Rare)
    Loki (Dark Reign) Magneto (Classic) Ragnarok (Dark Avengers Thor) Spider-Man (Classic) The Hood (Classic)
2 Star Rarity (Uncommon)
    Bullseye (Dark Avengers Hawkeye) Captain America (Modern) Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine) Hawkeye (Modern) Magneto (Marvel NOW!) Spider-Man (Bag-Man) Storm (Classic) Thor (Marvel NOW!)

Standard card pack
    3 Star Rarity (Rare)
    Black Widow (Grey Suit) Doctor Doom (Classic)
2 Star Rarity (Uncommon)
    Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
1 Star Rarity (Common)
    Black Widow (Modern) Hawkeye (Classic) Iron Man (Model 35) Juggernaut (Classic) Storm (Modern) Venom (Dark Avengers Spider-Man) Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers Widow)

Ones that we do not know about: Iron Man (Model 40), Moonstone, Black Widow (Original)

Comments

• Out of curiosity, has anyone pulled any of the non 1* character in the standard pack [Black Widow (Grey Suit), Doctor Doom (Classic), or Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)] from the Heroic card pack? I don't think I ever have but don't recall.
  • I just got a modern hawkeye from a standard pack. But I understand it so that we now can get all characters in standard and all 2 star or better in heroic so we don't need this table here icon_e_smile.gif
  • Just pulled a blue Magneto Marvel Now outa the standard pack with a recruit token.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    I got a Doctor Doom once. Not expecting another anytime soon.
  • Have lucked out and got a couple of Grey Suits from standard tokens icon_eek.gif
  • Standard pack = captain America ** yellow
  • from 17 standar, got 1 doom and many hawkeye/im35/black widow icon_mrgreen.gif why don't they put BW original in standard token? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • I've pulled a few Wolverine 2* cards from the 1* pack in the past.
  • Yesterday. 2x moonstone and 2x bullseye.
  • ArchJojo wrote:
    Yesterday. 2x moonstone and 2x bullseye.

Lol I haven't seen a Moonstone since the Dark Avengers Halloween weekend - Forgot she was even in the game!!!

I have a number of 1* covers that are becoming redundant in my collection - Yelena is sitting right at the top of this list. Apart from maybe a tournament buff is it worth trying to 'Collect em all' Pokemon styleee or are you guys slimming up your decks?

With the increase in cover slot prices I'm struggling to see the value in keeping the puny cards when the space could be used for the beefcakes!
  • I'm pretty sure I pulled some C.Storms from standard in the past, but that's been a long time. Lately it's all just c.hawkeye, m.widow, m.storm.
  • Pulled a IM40 from the standard pack today, wish I haven't wasted all that tokens before the patch icon_cry.gif
  • Just pulled a Moonstone cover from the heroic pack with a token
  • Standard pack: Captain America ** red
  • So after dropping 27 standard recruit tokens that I had saved up, I think that all the covers can be pulled from the standard pack. I actually got my first yellow 3*** Spidey!

TL;DR All available covers can be found in Standard, and everything 2** and above can be pulled from Heroic.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    So after dropping 27 standard recruit tokens that I had saved up, I think that all the covers can be pulled from the standard pack. I actually got my first yellow 3*** Spidey!

TL;DR All available covers can be found in Standard, and everything 2** and above can be pulled from Heroic.
    Just to say it, this is exactly what the Patch Notes stated. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Today 2standard tokens

1 red black widow GS
    1 red Iron man model 40
  • You guys are lucky. I'm still drawing nothing but 1-stars.
  • IceIX wrote:

In hindsight, yes it is as exactly stated in the patch notes though on my first read through it did not seem as clear to me for some reason. As a F2P player (so far, we shall see if I ever manage to score a yellow Hood cover) I try to help in other ways until I financially support you guys. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX wrote:

In hindsight, yes it is as exactly stated in the patch notes though on my first read through it did not seem as clear to me for some reason. As a F2P player (so far, we shall see if I ever manage to score a yellow Hood cover) I try to help in other ways until I financially support you guys. icon_e_smile.gif