How to make the most of Meh Hulk

Fave99
Fave99 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
edited March 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
I was wondering how to maximise Meh Hulk? Which teammates to bring so Meh hulk becomes as good as possible?
Tagged:

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The best team I've seen with him so far is Mockingbird + Chavez.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Edit:
    Hat tip to DD about Shuri... see two posts below this one.

I also read somewhere someone was using Shuri with Meh.  She creates damage off of fortified tiles (Meh yellow) and since his powers high AP, her powers lower the AP needed as well.  

Also breaking out Switch to power his purple power can be more reliable than Mockingbird sometimes...

I actually don't think Meh is too bad.  The only annoying thing for me is his tile switching power; it usually winds up messing my board up more than helping me...
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    2* Bullseye.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I was the one who mentioned Shuri as a partner. Cast her red or his yellow and all AP costs are -3. Iron Fist is my third character of choice. Also makes fortified tiles, completes the rainbow and has insanely low AP costs with the -3. 

Rogue is a good partner with the siphon fueling his more expensive powers. And Mockingbird as well giving you free powers. 

I agree he isn’t horrible but man are his two powers expensive for what they do. 
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    The best team I've seen with him so far is Mockingbird + Chavez.
    I've been using this team in Sim all season and it's a lot of fun.  What we need is a character who can act as a yellow and purple battery to team up with him.  I would also like to see his yellow tweaked to do a little more damage or maybe team health.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    His best use is being sent as a TU
    get the benefits of his purple, without having to deal with his super annoying green
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic said:
    get the benefits of his purple, without having to deal with his super annoying green
    When sent as a team up do you only get purple? If so that’s amazing. 

Rogue is my favorite teamup to request because it’s guarenteed Red. I love:

- Getting rid of hard to reach tiles
    - Big damage
    - 9 free AP

yes please!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Hadronic said:

- Big damage
    - 9 free AP

yes please!
    You can also receive ME Hulk's yellow power as a TU. I actually quite like it's effects, random AP generation and decent team damage (when calculated for each CD). 
    Now, they would also have a chance at earning burst health for ME Hulk 1/3 of the time, but since he's not in the battle I've been trying to watch if this probability is a null option - or if it's left out of the calculation (can't be false triggered).
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Before clicking on this thread, I genuinely didn't know if the subject line referred to 3*, 4*, or 5* Banner  :D

I've been enjoying Ragnarok Hulk much more than I thought I would. I love using him with Ragnarok Thor and America Chavez. (RAGNAMERICULK!) Once Thor's health drops below 50%, all three of them do some board-shake at the start of a new turn. ("Team Passive-Agressive", a friend calls them.)

I've found RagHulk/SheHulk/Yondu fun, as well -- full color coverage, fortified tiles protected from a casting of SHulk's red, and the various cascades from SHulk's red and Hulk's purple crits will activate Yondu's passive when needed.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Before clicking on this thread, I genuinely didn't know if the subject line referred to 3*, 4*, or 5* Banner  :D

I've been enjoying Ragnarok Hulk much more than I thought I would. I love using him with Ragnarok Thor and America Chavez. (RAGNAMERICULK!) Once Thor's health drops below 50%, all three of them do some board-shake at the start of a new turn. ("Team Passive-Agressive", a friend calls them.)

I've found RagHulk/SheHulk/Yondu fun, as well -- full color coverage, fortified tiles protected from a casting of SHulk's red, and the various cascades from SHulk's red and Hulk's purple crits will activate Yondu's passive when needed.
    Same. This is a fun team that, after a few turns, starts steamrolling everything in its path. 
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic said:

- Big damage
    - 9 free AP

yes please!
    You can get the yellow too, but its also a good team up. Puts 4 or 5 (i forget) fortified CD tiles on board, mix with Shuri and profit. They generate random AP majority of the time so good with Chaves too.

And powerbombs just cripple the enemy, if it doesnt just end the match.

He is an amazing TU
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic said:

- Big damage
    - 9 free AP

yes please!
    You can also receive ME Hulk's yellow power as a TU. I actually quite like it's effects, random AP generation and decent team damage (when calculated for each CD). 
    Now, they would also have a chance at earning burst health for ME Hulk 1/3 of the time, but since he's not in the battle I've been trying to watch if this probability is a null option - or if it's left out of the calculation (can't be false triggered).
    So i dont know for sure but in my experience he generates AP majority of the time. I think it weights, generate green, generate red, etc.. equally to team damage and heal.

So it feels like
    6/8 of the time he generates AP of some color
    1/8 of the time does the team damage
    1/8 of the time you get the self heal (or no effect in case of TU)

with 5 3turn CD you get 15 procs.
    It happens fast so i am really guessing, but it feels like i usually get 1 or 2 team damage procs, 1 or 2 self heals, and around 11 AP generating procs. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best use I've found for him is with 5* Thanos and some fodder for easy nodes in Story. Almost 50% of the time I can win a match without even making a move. About 1 out of 12 matches without eating a Court Death or making a move.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    MEH 5/3/5
    Lockjaw 5/4/4
    5* Gambit 5/5/3

MEH 5/5/3
    Ageny Venom 5/3/5
    America Chavez 3/5/5
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    I just having fun with MEHulk in the Honor among thieves pve, using him together with 3*Hawkeye and St4rlord against goons. With the passive of 3*Hawkeye and St4rlord, he get to fire his purple even faster and both is yellow and Hawkeye 's blue boost St4rlord's red.

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Just finished him as well looking forward to using him and testing out all the ideas I have had I like to see he is starting to get more use on paper I though he looked good.  I really think he will work very well with Agent Venom and an AP generator but we will see :smile:
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just finished him as well looking forward to using him and testing out all the ideas I have had I like to see he is starting to get more use on paper I though he looked good.  I really think he will work very well with Agent Venom and an AP generator but we will see :smile:
    Not sure if Agent Venom is that great with MeH.  It's a lot of AP juggling to make sure his black doesn't take AP away from yellow and purple.  Also, it depends on how averse you are to Agent Venom turning into Venom and self damaging (sure it's not a lot of damage, but then you can't fire your black until he regains control).

Also, if you are adding an AP gatherer, I think you'd be better off running with America.  I don't have her fully covered, but she benefits from high AP.  Or Bobbi would work too to make use of her passive.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since 3* Storm has a Featured Character boost right now in PvE, I've been running her and Hawkguy along with MEHulk for pretty much every fight in HAT. Given how many special tiles the Symbiotes and Mindless Ones kick out, the AP generation is off the charts. At one point, in the wave node, I managed to fire Gamma Powerbomb three times in one turn, because the cascades from the first two, plus a couple of Lightning Strikes and the purple from No Good News, generated enough that I was able to fire it again. Just ridiculously awesome.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Not sure if Agent Venom is that great with MeH.  It's a lot of AP juggling to make sure his black doesn't take AP away from yellow and purple.  Also, it depends on how averse you are to Agent Venom turning into Venom and self damaging (sure it's not a lot of damage, but then you can't fire your black until he regains control).

Also, if you are adding an AP gatherer, I think you'd be better off running with America.  I don't have her fully covered, but she benefits from high AP.  Or Bobbi would work too to make use of her passive.  
    It did not work quite as well as I hoped but when it worked it was fun.  You have to slot AV with 3 black covers so you get into his destruction mode asap once that gets rolling they get a lot of cascade damage between the two of them (that is the point of these two cascade AV is only being used a tile destroyer) but it was a too slow to be effective.  An obvious partner is SW and she worked very well his pink hits like a truck and anything to accelerate that is great.  His yellow is also solid and C&D look like an obvious match.  Frankly I like all his powers, they are a little expensive but he is a lot of fun.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    MEH 3/5/5
    Shuri 5/3/5
    M. Fantastic 5/3/5