Brand New Supports Feature! (4/5/18)

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv said:
    supergarv said:
    Please let me convert all that 3* dupe covers of maxchamps to red iso. All those dupes and extra iso is really annoying and wasteful for progress... this would be nice to do something with all that extra 3‘s without needing to roster so many irrelevant dupes.
    Farm them.
    That would increase my ISO debt a lot more and make 4/5* progression even slower. For 2+ years players the 3* cover influx really interfers, and crowds the roster. Farming isnt fun, champ rewards are much nicer.
    The game is meant to be slow. Farming creates more champ rewards. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not really sure what to make of it all yet. One of those things you really need to try first. Will approve if I can add something to R&G to make their strike tiles stronger and add something else to Medusa to make her cause more damage. Quicker clear times would be a win for me. 

Also depends on how easy it is to earn red iso-8. and how much you need to spend on each support. If it takes a week to buy anything, then might not be quite such a cool feature. 

Anyway, I'll wait until its live and explore a little before passing judgement. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    0_efx_0 said:
    Real question, which player really requires these supports? I’m in 4* land and don’t really see myself wanting to utilize them AND have to “tap” more screens and icons to use them. 
    I can see 3* land players implementing them but I honestly don’t need them.
    Please to don’t remove any PVE progression reward ISO and substitute it for Red ISO. 
    I’m only curious to find out which game bugs and or glitches will arise from this new supposed support...
    I don't run T10 so can't see me using them either but you can see the demand these will cause for those where speed is already paramount. Then they will hit pvp and become even more wanted to speed up hops and boost those scores even further into the stratosphere.

I hope they will drop some harder clearance levels to make me need to use them.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    broll said:
    broll said:
    Hopefully this largely replaces 2* and ST rewards rather than higher rewards. 
    We're not planning to remove anything from progression & placement rewards, just adding on top.
    I meant more from 80 item vaults and taco vaults. 
    Gotcha - where Support-related things are added to vaults, they're replacing things that we think are less valuable, let us know if you disagree.
    That would be my hope. Hopefully replacing: 
    2*s in 40/80 vaults
    2*s and Health Packs in Taco would be my hope. 
    Please, don’t take away health packs.  Those are really useful in higher-level PvP.  As strange as this may sound, I’d rather lose some of the 500 ISO rewards.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for this. Given that I play this game for fun and not placement (though that's nice too!) this sounds like a great new feature and one which will add variety - something that people have been asking for. 
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    actuaryal said:
    Any chance there will be a support character that enables auto-tapping?
    You i like you.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

So lets see if I’m reading this right.

Say I start with a level 1 Pizza Dog support and I start feeding that l’il fella some tasty red iso to make him better. Maybe I get to say level 48 at whatever cost red iso that is. Then I pull/earn/obtain a level 2 Pizza Dog before I rank up. So I get my red iso costs back (or at least some of them) AND the automatic upgrade?

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure it was asked - will the red iso be a part of the iso purchase (like Command points for hero points purchase)?
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I am very much looking forward to this, hopefully it will be as cool as it sounds. Now, if we can just combine supports with the removal of tapping, PvE would get the fresh overhaul it's been needing for a while.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Say I start with a level 1 Pizza Dog support and I start feeding that l’il fella some tasty red iso to make him better. Maybe I get to say level 48 at whatever cost red iso that is. Then I pull/earn/obtain a level 2 Pizza Dog before I rank up. So I get my red iso costs back (or at least some of them) AND the automatic upgrade?

In reference to the bolded statement, I believe pulling a Rank 2 Pizza Dog is how you rank up.

You'd start with a Rank 1 Level 1 Pizza Dog, you can level him up to 50 with Red ISO, and then it maxes out. It's just stuck there until you pull a Rank 2 Pizza Dog, which would then unlock the second Perk, raise the level cap by 50 levels, and give you some extra Red ISO (but we have no idea how much), but not change the level. If you have a Rank 1 Level 5 Pizza Dog and pull a Rank 2, it becomes a Rank 2 Level 5 Pizza Dog.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I really want to be excited for this, but I just can’t be. It’s another thing to chase, which can add to the fun of roster/tool building... but it’s also not anything that anyone probably requested. There have been some wonderful QoL improvement suggestions out there, and there are PLENTY of QoL shortcomings in the game that could be fixed. Obviously, fixing them all would make the game too easy, but picking a handful would be good. In all honesty, I wouldn’t even care which they chose, as long as it actually improved the QoL. This feels like a means for people to keep spending and chasing, which is all well and good. But it took months to develop this, and I don’t feel like the game got much better. They complain about man power issues on the development side... in reality it’s just poor time management. They pour all their resources into something we don’t need and something no one wanted. 

What is the point of surveys or asking for feedback if nothing comes from it? You just do what you want anyways
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    From a 5* player’s point of view, this will only be relevant once it’s in pvp or if CL10 comes out with much tougher nodes(which would be great). Only the 5E node is difficult enough where this would be relevant.

I look forward to when that happens, and there’s a part of roster building that isn’t just get more gambit.

• DAZ0273
    JHawkInc said:
    DAZ0273 said:

In reference to the bolded statement, I believe pulling a Rank 2 Pizza Dog is how you rank up.

You'd start with a Rank 1 Level 1 Pizza Dog, you can level him up to 50 with Red ISO, and then it maxes out. It's just stuck there until you pull a Rank 2 Pizza Dog, which would then unlock the second Perk, raise the level cap by 50 levels, and give you some extra Red ISO (but we have no idea how much), but not change the level. If you have a Rank 1 Level 5 Pizza Dog and pull a Rank 2, it becomes a Rank 2 Level 5 Pizza Dog.
    Right - thanks for the clarification, I was thinking maxing it out would cause it to level up but each level is its own separate thing then. So based on that, it seems that you won't waste red iso ranking up as you will get the equiivalent benefit/level at the next tier up. That sounds reasonable enough.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will the code with the new feature "bloat" the game.  I've seen this in the past with other games, where new features slow the game to a crawl.  With a game that puts an emphasis on speed, just wondering if they are changing the system requirements to run the game smoothly.

As for the change itself, I'm cautiously optimistic.  It's not an evolutionary change, but it'll keep us occupied.  I'm just happy that they are not one-time use. 

I'm happy that they are trying it out in PVE, but I am not looking forward to PVP.  Just doesn't seem like a great idea when MMR is a mess.  But, what do I know.... :*  
  • DAZ0273
    Will the code with the new feature "bloat" the game.  I've seen this in the past with other games, where new features slow the game to a crawl.  With a game that puts an emphasis on speed, just wondering if they are changing the system requirements to run the game smoothly.

As for the change itself, I'm cautiously optimistic.  It's not an evolutionary change, but it'll keep us occupied.  I'm just happy that they are not one-time use. 

I'm happy that they are trying it out in PVE, but I am not looking forward to PVP.  Just doesn't seem like a great idea when MMR is a mess.  But, what do I know.... :*  
    I doubt it will happen but I'm strongly of the opinion that some of these supports should be PvE only and will simply result in torches and pitchforks if applied to PvP. AP generation (at a 50% chance too) in certain colours is nice for PvE but considering the Cajun themed elephant in the corner...not much of a consideration at my level of play but these forums show otherwise elsewhere.
  • DAZ0273
    Supports that we (OK maybe just I) need:

Bag-man only: Spider-mobile! Who needs webs when you have a nifty spider-buggy/dune/thingy. Gives Bag-man a 50% chance of not being useless.

H.E.R.B.I.E. - Remember back in the 70's when they created a robot nobody had the slightest interest in to replace the Human Torch in the FF? He's back! Equpping this support will immediately result in a reduction of usefulness for any Fantastic Four member BY 25% in your team as they cringe with shame.

Hypno Hustler - Ready to shake that booty? The mesmeric beats of this Spider-man legend is here as a support by popular demand* ! When equipped, boosts any hero who has the power of transforming sound into light and is mildly Disco-themed by 300%!

(*the license fee was real cheap)
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:
    DAZ0273 said:

It would have been really cool if unlocking ranks came with really clever play goals, like “Win 10 matches after having at least 10 countdown tiles on the board with any Hawkeye.”  But I can imagine that would be a nightmare to code.