The X-Men Vs. Apocalypse - Event Details (4/4/18)

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    gmtosca said:
    Is the time of the X-men vs Apocalypse Store correct?  I'm reading 4h 15m right now.
    I'm wondering if these are supposed to go to the vault, but that doesn't open until noon today.  i don't think they thought through the timing difference.  

I'm holding mine till noon to see what happens with them.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Poor Gambit. This boosted list is a tough way to find out you've been kicked out of the X-Men...

• Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Bobby, too! I guess he was just getting a little TOO creepy, even for them.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Nightcrawler is not boosted, either. Only partial X-Men love (maybe it's the Blue team? Or Gold? Who can keep them straight?).
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    X-23 is listed in the boosted here but she's not in the boosted list on the game preview...is that an error?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    X-23 is listed in the boosted here but she's not in the boosted list on the game preview...is that an error?
    Sorry for the confusion. It would appear that X-23 being on the list was an oversight. I've removed her from the chart.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Does anyone rememmber Apocalypse health in round 7 and 8? I wonder if Mockingbird will be able to nuke him (My Bombshell does 29k damage).
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    talleman said:
    Does anyone rememmber Apocalypse health in round 7 and 8? I wonder if Mockingbird will be able to nuke him (My Bombshell does 29k damage).
    I seem to remember like 45K health in round 8, but I could be confusing him with one of the other boss events out there.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Roland113 said:
    talleman said:
    I seem to remember like 45K health in round 8, but I could be confusing him with one of the other boss events out there.
    Pretty sure this is right. Apoc has lower health than IM/Cap in Civil War, who had 61k in r8. It also matches Apoc having lower score targets, 900k for the final LT instead of 1.2m or something like that for the others.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Any suggestions on who to team Mockingbird up with? As my highest level character for this event, I was finding her red continually drained. I did take 3* Cyclops with 5 in Yellow and Quicksilver, but I'm sure there are better team mates

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/iron-n-wine/

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any suggestions on who to team Mockingbird up with? As my highest level character for this event, I was finding her red continually drained. I did take 3* Cyclops with 5 in Yellow and Quicksilver, but I'm sure there are better team mates

Try SWitch. Save up purple until you've got enough to double fire Secret Mission (I'm assuming you're past the first couple of rounds here). If necessary, wait until you've got a red match available, double fire Secret Mission, and the make the red match.

SWitch's green is also nice for getting rid of the Attack tiles to clear out the Pestilence tile.
  • iron-n-wine

Try SWitch. Save up purple until you've got enough to double fire Secret Mission (I'm assuming you're past the first couple of rounds here). If necessary, wait until you've got a red match available, double fire Secret Mission, and the make the red match.

SWitch's green is also nice for getting rid of the Attack tiles to clear out the Pestilence tile.
    cheers will give that a go - we were in Round 3 when I did my clears this morning, hopefully in Round 4 by tonight

I did try using Switch for one attempt this morning, but I probably should have re-spec'd Bobbi to 5 in purple to get the most out of that strategy. Should also bump Switch to 5 in green instead of purple too
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    My favorite teams so far with buffed Bobbi are Vulture+Rogue and Riri+IM40.
    Rogue makes sure the battle goes on long enough that you can clear away all the horsemen countdowns by firing Vulture's blue. He also generates a trickle of red AP.
    IM40 feeds red+purple to Bobbi and blue+green to Riri, who then creates red charged tiles for Bobbi.
  • iron-n-wine
    My favorite teams so far with buffed Bobbi are Vulture+Rogue and Riri+IM40.
    Rogue makes sure the battle goes on long enough that you can clear away all the horsemen countdowns by firing Vulture's blue. He also generates a trickle of red AP.
    IM40 feeds red+purple to Bobbi and blue+green to Riri, who then creates red charged tiles for Bobbi.
    cool - some good thoughts there - will give these a try too
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture+Cloak&Dagger goes pretty well.  Vulture's blue and C&D's yellow work well for special tile removal, with Vulture's blue also helping with countdown removal.

With Mockingbird your strongest colour is red, and Vulture will only stop you from going backwards.  Mockingbird's purple can help hit the threshold, especially with a few regular red matches.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    Vulture+Cloak&Dagger goes pretty well.  Vulture's blue and C&D's yellow work well for special tile removal, with Vulture's blue also helping with countdown removal.

With Mockingbird your strongest colour is red, and Vulture will only stop you from going backwards.  Mockingbird's purple can help hit the threshold, especially with a few regular red matches.
    I use this team now as well, works really good. Might replace C&D for Rogue in later rounds for damage reduction and use power siphon to battery Vultures black tho.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    My son's team was Patch, 3-star Cyclops, and Nightcrawler (his highest covered 4-star at 5/2/4)  Nightcrawler went BAMF-inite in two straight rounds.  If you activate Cyclops's yellow before BAMFing, you'll likely get a LOT of red to power up either of the other two characters.  Or just keep gaining purple and BAMFing all over the place until you kill him off.  Too bad Nightcrawler's not boosted, though.

The team I was using was XFW, XFDeadpool, and Cloak and Dagger.  Green is the team's most powerful color (why???), but you really only care about purple and black.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I have been using Coulson, Scarlet Witch, and 5* Hawkeye. Haven't lost yet or had any real trouble.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    as the unlock nodes start to ramp up I will post my usual, The unlock nodes eventually becoming harder than the boss is just stupid.
    please make it so that unlock nodes are either tied to SCL (with better prizes for those playing on higher SCL) or leave them trivial :/

you only punish the smaller weaker alliances by making the unlock harder even though the boss already will be a pain for them :/
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been using Clagger, Bobbi, and XFW.  I have a pretty decent roster, but I've had a few characters killed due to the instakill countdowns until I started running this team.  XFW solves all that with surgical strike and since Clagger also puts out black; ss can take Apocalypse down pretty easily (for now at least...)