4* DDQ: Riri Williams vs Hulkbuster

Anon
Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
282 5/5/3 Riri got this on the first try. I had a really good board where every turn I had a red or blue match waiting for me. Fired her blue which gave me enough for red and he was finished.

LT gave me a black 5* Ghost Rider.

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Super easy fight for my 4/5/4 Level 295 Riri. Finished first try, no boosts, with 15885 health left. 

Much like Anon, I had a pretty favorable board, for red tiles at least. I collected and saved until I could take him out with one shot. Her actually got enough black to fire Overdrive, which put him under that threshold. The next turn I fired Remote Control Gauntlets and it was all over. Token to the JJ hoard. 

Though I have to chuckle at the thought of Riri facing Hulkbuster and watching her remote control gauntlets actually do any damage, let alone enough to take him down in one hit. 
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Champed Riri with lots of blue and red on the board made this into a fun slugfest. Victory was never really in doubt, but lots of blows were exchanged.

Red America to 3/4/4. Not sure if I want to champ her, but the split is nice.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Took awhile to get my 5/5/3 lv 295 Riri going. Had to weather the storm until I filled up her attacks, then I sent him airborne and finished him off with a punch. 

LT hoarded until AA rotates out
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a lvl 152 (3/1/3) Riri, it took me 4 tries. I went in with no boost a few times, then ended up stacking +2 AP boosts to get a head start. I like to leave black on the board so he does a little damage to himself, and was able to get it done. the LT also got me a black Gho5t Rider. I've gottedn 2 archangels and 2 Ghost Riders chasing a Jessica Jones. #Someday
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    No problem for my 4/5/4 Lvl 278 Riri.
    1) Collect blue
    2) Fire blue
    3) Fire red
    4) Profit (aka C4ge champ level)
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    275 4/5/4 Riri (with no boosts) had no problems with taking on Hulkbuster.  Chased blue, red and green in that order, Sent him airborne, and then after getting more red, unleashed the Gauntlets.

LT to the hoard.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Level 370 Ironheart, finished match with over 28000 health remaining.

I'm just posting because I wish people used her superhero name more often.

(edited because I forgot the forum would replace a perfectly good emoticon with an emoji)
  • Trin
    Trin Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Took 3 attempts with my 2/1/3 level 131 - used boosts and denied black as a priority.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3 LVL 271 Riri got it first time but it took forever to get her red going even after firing blue! I just couldn't get another red to match the charged tiles or really anywhere for a red match 3. Hulkbuster actually hit me with 2 repulsor punches as he seemed to luck into all the red but it didn't matter in the end.

On a related topic - I see a spread of 5/5/3 vs 4/5/4 set-ups. My Riri is pretty newly champed and not used before much but I did find myself using her green more than I thought I would in this fight. Recommend re-speccing?
  • Zen
    Zen Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Easy fight for my level 298 4/5/4 Riri Ironheart. No boosts needed for this fight. I managed to gather enough blue to fire magnetic repulsors which enabled remote control gauntlets, game over.

LT Gave me my first black for 5* Ghost Rider taking him to 2/4/1 and a get the fire works out bonus Jessica Jones red taking her to 0/2/0. 

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    This was probably my easiest crash ever. Champed Riri + favorable board. Got a bunch of green off an early cascade so I sent Tony airborne, giving me some time to gather enough blue. When he landed, hit him with blue which generated a cascade of red. Hit him with red and he be dead.

90th LT token to the hoard.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    My Riri is only at level 127, so this took a few tries and a few boosts!  I got a Spider-Woman black from the vault.

I've never won a Crash of the Titans before.  Do I get another shot at it tomorrow, or is it just one LT per five-day cycle?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Riri is only at level 127, so this took a few tries and a few boosts!  I got a Spider-Woman black from the vault.

I've never won a Crash of the Titans before.  Do I get another shot at it tomorrow, or is it just one LT per five-day cycle?
    5 days unfortunately. But we might get Crash of the Mad Titan for Infinity War which would be very nice.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    On a related topic - I see a spread of 5/5/3 vs 4/5/4 set-ups. My Riri is pretty newly champed and not used before much but I did find myself using her green more than I thought I would in this fight. Recommend re-speccing?
    The real value of her blue is the block of Charged tiles. Dropping to 4 keeps those and only takes off ~600 damage. On the flipside, raising her green from 3 to 4 adds about 1000. So if you're firing them an equal number of times*, you'll get an extra 400 points of damage per cycle from a 4/5/4.

*You're not going to, but still. It brings her closer to three really good powers rather than two really good and one mediocre.
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Recently champed Lionheart saw a field of green, so I went full Tekken and juggle combo'd hulkbuster a few times before blueing myself for some red to rage art a double fist strike KO. 

Token got me my first Xavier yellow, which is good because I recently hit five blue with him. 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    2/2/2 level 127. Went down on 2nd attempt using a few damage boosts.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    My default build for Riri is 4/5/4, for the exact reason mentioned above by TPF Alexis.

If you are going to use her blue (and why wouldn't you?) the absolute minimum is 4 so the red tiles become charged. Raising blue to 5 only adds a bit of damage so I tend to leave it at 4 even if I don't plan on using her green (just to save myself the hassle of re-specing her all the time). There have been times, however, where I've switched to a 3/5/5 build if there is a better blue user on my team because you get an extra turn of airborne on 5 green as opposed to 4.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    4/5/4 lvl. 287

Easiest crash in a while for me. Got a few red, then enough blue for Magnetic Repulsers. Had fortunate red placement that all 4 charged reds were matched. Remote Gauntlets 4 the win.

Token to the hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    No troubles for lvl 273 Riri

Token was a Gho5t Rider