The X-Men Vs. Apocalypse - Event Details (4/4/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are some of the details and rewards for the upcoming The X-Men Vs. Apocalypse event!

Comments

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Nice 3 jubilee covers!
    any chance we can have a sneak peak update on the unstable iso event after this that was announced on marvel.com
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    where is the iso fix? Pepehands
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Awesome. 3 New 4* Jubilee covers for the release. Now I don't have to grind and get beat by tappers for the placement cover in PVE and I can save my HP by not having to buy out her "Friends" vault. I only need 1 for the essential node in the PVE event so this is a bonus. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    It would have been really cool if they'd have given a limited CP store instead of LTs.  Make it X-Men specific and have OML, Phoenix, and Gambit in it.  Give those that missed Gambit another chance.  But oh well.

Also 5* OML & Phoenix boosted but not Gambit?  Even though 3* Gambit is a reward clearly due to X-Men them.  
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    Awesome. 3 New 4* Jubilee covers for the release. Now I don't have to grind and get beat by tappers for the placement cover in PVE and I can save my HP by not having to buy out her "Friends" vault. I only need 1 for the essential node in the PVE event so this is a bonus. 

Not only is it 3 Jubilee covers, but it's 1 of each color! I was getting sick of new characters being 0/1/4. Maybe the Boss Events can be for new characters moving forward.

I know what you mean I only got Yellow covers for Valkyre. 
  • modok47
    modok47 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Awesome  !! Boss Events for new characters so much better than story !! I hope they keep this up , because the roster is growing.
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Iceman isn’t powered up? Not cool.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Love it.  New character release is team-work, not tapping slog-fest.

Yay!!!
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    So there's no store with 5*, that you barley can pull from Classic this time? I thought it's thing now with boss event's. Guess it's only if new 5* released. Well, normal LTs and Bubilee are fine too.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

As long as Jean Grey is boosted that's all I care about 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards

As long as Jean Grey is boosted that's all I care about 
    Boosted Rogue would have been handy too. If I remember correctly, she was KOing Apocalypse in almost one shot with her nuke through Round 7.
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Why is JG so great? Does mind over matter get rid of Apoc’s special tiles, or only the cd’s once they are triggered? I don’t have her champed yet, but if she only removes cd’s, I’d rather have Ice Ice Baby’s boosted powers or Rogue’s nuke over that to one shot him once I have the AP.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Why is JG so great? Does mind over matter get rid of Apoc’s special tiles, or only the cd’s once they are triggered? I don’t have her champed yet, but if she only removes cd’s, I’d rather have Ice Ice Baby’s boosted powers or Rogue’s nuke over that to one shot him once I have the AP.
    Removing one of his horsemen is triggered by removing all of his strike/protect/attack tiles, which Mind Over Matter does take care of (in addition to removing the countdowns that come from removing his horsemen).
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking maybe boosted mockingbird might be handy? Her purple to generate ap and her red nuke will help to ko horseman and/or Poccy himself?
  • hunky_funky
    So, in 4* land, will it better to use Jean/Switch and maybe Mockingbird, or Cyclops/Jean/IM40 that I used last times? Cause Mind over matter is very useful on this boss, but you can't get lot's of purple from IM. Plus, my Cyclops is slightly higher lvl then Jean, so Apocalypse will suck red. Any advice?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, in 4* land, will it better to use Jean/Switch and maybe Mockingbird, or Cyclops/Jean/IM40 that I used last times? Cause Mind over matter is very useful on this boss, but you can't get lot's of purple from IM. Plus, my Cyclops is slightly higher lvl then Jean, so Apocalypse will suck red. Any advice?
    I found that combo to pretty much vaporize him before I moved to 5* play - usually ended up killing him before removing more than one or two horsemen. Don't think you can really get much better.
  • hunky_funky
    Jarvind said:
    I found that combo to pretty much vaporize him before I moved to 5* play - usually ended up killing him before removing more than one or two horsemen. Don't think you can really get much better.
    Thanks, but I'm not there yet. Still trying to finish 4*, tiny bit left. 3 except new once and I rush into 5* land with my Banner and Doc. Oc. I'll beat you all!!! *evil laugh*
    Nope, only have DD fully covered.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Please keep the future new 4*  releases with a Boss Battle event: simply love this pair!  ;)  
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Is the time of the X-men vs Apocalypse Store correct?  I'm reading 4h 15m right now.