4* DDQ: Medusa vs. 3* Human Torch

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
Well, this shouldn't have been much of a contest for my 4/5/4 Level 301 Medusa, but Johnny put up a bit of a fight. We each had some cascade moments, but the outcome favored him. He hit me with two Fireballs and set up Flame Jet tiles, though each time they were matched away fairly quickly. 

Still, he was no match for the steady chipping away of the attack tiles. Finished first try, no boosts, with 7712 health. Token to the hoard for when JJ has her first run as an essential. 

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Easy battle, essentially let the attack tiles do their work and deny Johnny's tiles.
    LT got me a 6th yellow Nico
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    No problem for my lv 302 Medusa. Was able to match a couple countdown tiles early, so let the attack tiles do the heavy lifting. Johnny got off a fireball but that was futile. Won with ~12100 health

LT gave me a 10th Punisher champion cover who's LT gave me a 13th champed Nova cover and a bonus 33rd Medusa cover. Not bad for an easy Crash
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The board made it interesting for my champed Medusa. The game offered me a board riddled with green and black. At one point Johnny had two of his green repeater tiles out on me, blasting poor Medusa for 2k per turn. Meanwhile, my Medusa's countdown tiles kept getting buried in the corners where I couldn't access them and get more attack tiles out.

Still managed to beat him with 5k health left. 89th LT token to the growing hoard, which is waiting for Angel to leave latest legends and see what comes next.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    275 5/4/4 Medusa. It was relatively easy, and the board was favorable enough that it didn't take too long to beat Johnny.  A few Hair Meddles to shake the board for 4/5-match damage and voila, LT to my JJ hoard.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I envy the restraint of hoarders. If i get an LT, i'm way too excited and curious not to open it. I know it hurts my chances to champ a latest, but as it is now, i can use almost any character the LT gives ( but NOT the yellow Nico, as mentioned above :( )
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    I envy the restraint of hoarders. If i get an LT, i'm way too excited and curious not to open it. I know it hurts my chances to champ a latest, but as it is now, i can use almost any character the LT gives ( but NOT the yellow Nico, as mentioned above :( )
    There's no decent word in the English language to encapsulate just how much I detest having to sell a useless cover, especially in the 4* and 5* tiers. 

I can prevent that to a large degree by hoarding. When hoarding prevents cover waste, it becomes much easier in comparison. 

I just did 120 pulls recently trying to finish Thor, and out of that there were only two outright wasted covers (two blue P4nther covers for my 3/5/3 build). But even now, I pulled a red cover from an HT, so I may get the HfH offer. Unfortunately, I may have to skip it if I do because I'm trying to champ Punmax, Chulk, Kraven, and Shuri 14th covers on my vine so they don't end up wasted pulls. I should be able to do the first three, but Shuri is still on the bubble. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easiest battle in a while with L304 5/3/5.  Makes me re-think some of the criticism I've given her.  She held her own pretty well without someone bringing special tiles for her.  This was based on frequently being able to match her countdown tiles to create her own special tiles.

+1 to the hoard.
  • Dormammu
    broll said:
    Easiest battle in a while with L304 5/3/5.  Makes me re-think some of the criticism I've given her.  She held her own pretty well without someone bringing special tiles for her.
    To be fair, Johnny is pretty easy to control. Much of his offense is pretty flimsy and can often be matched away, unless he gets a lot of red. It's a good match-up for Medusa to just whittle away at.
  • Dormammu
    DarthDeVo said:
    There's no decent word in the English language to encapsulate just how much I detest having to sell a useless cover
    Mmffgrrrraaaargggghhhaaahhhh!!!! !$#@ tinykitty! %#*@ tinykitty!!!

(Those are a few of the words I use. They work pretty well.)
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/4/4 lvl. 303, but 4/5/4 probably would be better.

Easy fight for my highest 4*. Entanglement did most of the work. Had enough purple so that when he put out attack tiles with inferno I just took them and finished him off.

Token to the hoard.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    A bit of a slog for my 5/2/4 172 Medusa. The board helped me deny Johnny red, but it also stuck all of my countdown tiles in the corner so I couldn't match them to make attack tiles. Finally I gained enough purple to make it worth feeding him black so he could flood the board with attack tiles for me to steal.

Trying to pull more JJs, so I spent the token and got a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider for another champ level.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Easy go of this with Champed Medusa.

Eddie Brock Green for 1k iso. Still no JJ :(
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    No problem for my 3/4/5 lvl 238 Medusa - after the fight, I splashed out of the Yellow HFH cover too, as that gets her to 13 (once I have the Iso I will champ and re-spec her, as 5 in purple seems like a waste)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/4/4 Lvl 280. Didn't bother to re-spec. Last time was shortly before I champed her, as I recall, and it was pretty easy even then. Piece of cake with a good board that left both my Countdowns and his Repeaters easily matchable.

Token was a Nova black, bringing him up to 3/5/3.