MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2018 Edition *Updated (3/27/18)

167891012»

Comments

  • JHawkIncJHawkInc Posts: 1,991 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    broll said:

    4.  We haven't gotten a new 5* feeder yet this month.

    4. Announcement next Wednesday, a day before the new season.

    You're a week early. Updates to 4* champ rewards happen the week after a new season.
  • BowgentleBowgentle Posts: 5,038 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Bowgentle said:
    broll said:

    4.  We haven't gotten a new 5* feeder yet this month.

    4. Announcement next Wednesday, a day before the new season.

    You're a week early. Updates to 4* champ rewards happen the week after a new season.
    Ah. True.
  • The rockettThe rockett Posts: 1,853 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Bowgentle said:
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    whoami said:
    So TA Hulk as PVE and PVP reward, prob means we know our next 5* feeder...right? (Banner has no 4* feeder yet, correct?)
    If TA Hulk was going to feed Banner this time around, it would have been announced before the TaT event started, or just as it began.
    We are behind.  They were doing one a month and announcing around the 20-25th of the month I thought.  I'm wondering if they are queueing up a lot of big news for and waiting for a marvel.com article to announce it all.  I mean we have:
    1.  We know there's some new feature coming, presumably soon since they modified steam to support it.
    2.  We now know Jubilee is coming, but have no details about her.
    3.  They usually do something for April Fools day, which is Sunday.
    4.  We haven't gotten a new 5* feeder yet this month.


    1. Expect an announcement Friday after Boston leaves for the weekend, as usual.
    2. Release next weekend, Marvel article on Tuesday.
    3. Bagman PVP as first off-season PVP. Or they forgot, April 1st is nearly as surprising as Dec 24.
    4. Announcement next Wednesday, a day before the new season.

    3.  Devs on discord did an obscure tease that something might happen for 4/1 so i don't think they forgot.  

    You make a lot of assumptions and state them as facts.  Not saying all any of those are wrong, I just don't like listing assumptions as if they're facts.  Other than 4 those are things we legitimately don't know yet and can only speculate on.

    It’s called we have been around a long time and know how they normally operate.  
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Bowgentle said:
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    whoami said:
    So TA Hulk as PVE and PVP reward, prob means we know our next 5* feeder...right? (Banner has no 4* feeder yet, correct?)
    If TA Hulk was going to feed Banner this time around, it would have been announced before the TaT event started, or just as it began.
    We are behind.  They were doing one a month and announcing around the 20-25th of the month I thought.  I'm wondering if they are queueing up a lot of big news for and waiting for a marvel.com article to announce it all.  I mean we have:
    1.  We know there's some new feature coming, presumably soon since they modified steam to support it.
    2.  We now know Jubilee is coming, but have no details about her.
    3.  They usually do something for April Fools day, which is Sunday.
    4.  We haven't gotten a new 5* feeder yet this month.


    1. Expect an announcement Friday after Boston leaves for the weekend, as usual.
    2. Release next weekend, Marvel article on Tuesday.
    3. Bagman PVP as first off-season PVP. Or they forgot, April 1st is nearly as surprising as Dec 24.
    4. Announcement next Wednesday, a day before the new season.

    3.  Devs on discord did an obscure tease that something might happen for 4/1 so i don't think they forgot.  

    You make a lot of assumptions and state them as facts.  Not saying all any of those are wrong, I just don't like listing assumptions as if they're facts.  Other than 4 those are things we legitimately don't know yet and can only speculate on.

    It’s called we have been around a long time and know how they normally operate.  
    So I have, I still don't list speculation/assumption as if it were fact.  Like I said I'm not disagreeing with the assumption, just the way in which it was presented.  There are people here who haven't been around as long that might assume they missed a post somewhere that made these things official, but there wasn't, it's just an educated guess.
  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Wasnt there an announcement some time ago, about some squirrel girl event for April fools?
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,419 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if we'll get a Howard the Duck crash after Medusa?
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    I wonder if we'll get a Howard the Duck crash after Medusa?

    If there's a HfH offer for Howard, I would buy that in a heartbeat. Mine has been 3/4/5 for far too long.
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,419 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:
    I wonder if we'll get a Howard the Duck crash after Medusa?

    If there's a HfH offer for Howard, I would buy that in a heartbeat. Mine has been 3/4/5 for far too long.
    Now the H4H store is back up, it is suggesting Riri will be available after Medusa.  So unless they make a last minute adjustment, there probably won't be a Howard.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:
    I wonder if we'll get a Howard the Duck crash after Medusa?

    If there's a HfH offer for Howard, I would buy that in a heartbeat. Mine has been 3/4/5 for far too long.
    Now the H4H store is back up, it is suggesting Riri will be available after Medusa.  So unless they make a last minute adjustment, there probably won't be a Howard.


    Yeah, I noticed that too. Bummer.

    On the other hand, the Purple Howard I have on the vine (my thirteenth? Maybe?) expires well Before the next crash anyway, so I am not in any particular rush I guess.

  • brollbroll Posts: 4,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    I wonder if we'll get a Howard the Duck crash after Medusa?
    Limited aren't in the Crash rotation.  I don't expect that to change.
  • grannegranne Posts: 841 Critical Contributor
    But we did have a Howard crash last year. I remember it well - it was the first I ever won.
  • ZootSaxZootSax Posts: 1,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne said:
    But we did have a Howard crash last year. I remember it well - it was the first I ever won.

    They've run Howard's Crash once a year for the past two years when they've had a "Duck Season" featuring Webbed Wonder and Howard's PVP.  It's possible they'll do it again for the off season since it's so close to April 1, but if that's the plan they've been very quiet about it...
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:
    I wonder if we'll get a Howard the Duck crash after Medusa?

    If there's a HfH offer for Howard, I would buy that in a heartbeat. Mine has been 3/4/5 for far too long.
    Now the H4H store is back up, it is suggesting Riri will be available after Medusa.  So unless they make a last minute adjustment, there probably won't be a Howard.


    Yeah, I noticed that too. Bummer.

    On the other hand, the Purple Howard I have on the vine (my thirteenth? Maybe?) expires well Before the next crash anyway, so I am not in any particular rush I guess.

  • brollbroll Posts: 4,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    granne said:
    But we did have a Howard crash last year. I remember it well - it was the first I ever won.
    Yeah you're right, I was focused on the standard rotation not the 'surprise we threw this in because x day is special' things they do occasionally.
  • Arix90Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby can we have a extended sneak peak update before you guys go off on easter break?
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 2,132 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Sorry for OT, but... Does anyone know which PvEs are 7 days event? I seem to remember that Venom Bomb is a 7 days event or was it another event related to Venom? My slice have not started for Venom Bomb.
  • thisonethisone Age Unconfirmed Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Sorry for OT, but... Does anyone know which PvEs are 7 days event? I seem to remember that Venom Bomb is a 7 days event or was it another event related to Venom? My slice have not started for Venom Bomb.
    Hulk, Prodigal Son, ISO-8 Brotherhood and Enemy of the State are the 7 day events. 
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 2,132 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    @thisone lovely! Thank you.

    I noticed something trivial: Cho is in the third spot, which is meant for not the strongest characters, in the "Join Forces" node. I'm not sure if it's confirmation bias, but 4* characters are usually in the middle spot in "Join Forces" node? Not that it matters, as I mentioned, it's really trivial. A wild imagination could lead one to think negatively about Cho...
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,344 Chairperson of the Boards
    @thisone lovely! Thank you.

    I noticed something trivial: Cho is in the third spot, which is meant for not the strongest characters, in the "Join Forces" node. I'm not sure if it's confirmation bias, but 4* characters are usually in the middle spot in "Join Forces" node? Not that it matters, as I mentioned, it's really trivial. A wild imagination could lead one to think negatively about Cho...
    It varies. I think it depends on if you've recently had one of the other Required characters on your team during a match, and then they end up going in whatever spot they were in last, and the others get moved around based on that. No idea if that's actually how it works, but I know it's not a fixed order.
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 2,132 Chairperson of the Boards
    @TPF Alexis Nice. It sounds logical to me now because I don't have Cho at all. 
Sign In or Register to comment.