3* Iron Fist covers dying on the vine... Do I save them and how?

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Here's the situation: My duplicate 3* Iron Fist has reached a 2/5/5 build, and I have 14 covers for him dying on the vine (9 black and 5 Purple). The oldest cover expires in just over a day, so I should make up a plan of action in case I don't get that third green cover Before then.

As I see it, I have Three options:

1. Sell the expiring covers. A waste of bonus hero covers is rough, but it doesn't deplete other Resources at least.

2. Spend 20 CP on a third green cover for the dupe. Not particularly appealing since it is almost a Latest Legends token, but it's certainly better than the 120 CP needed for a fourstar cover.

3. Spend HP on a roster spot for the expiring covers. This only buys me 6 Days Before I am back in the same seat again.

I am leaning towards the CP option since that at least resolves the problem once and for all - with either of the other options I am just delaying the problem. It's not something I am happy to do though so I would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Option 2 is the only definite solution and at least you start generating resources from doing it. It is also a trade-off - spend 20CP - get back an LT + 2CP (and iso and hero points and XP) straight away.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Option 1.  Also don't BH them until you have them rechamped IMO.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Option 2 is the only definite solution and at least you start generating resources from doing it. It is also a trade-off - spend 20CP - get back an LT + 2CP (and iso and hero points and XP) straight away.

Well, it only moves up the timetable a bit since I will get those champion rewards sooner or later, just need that crucial green. So I refuse to consider any gains from the champion levels. I suppose the extra XP is a net gain though.

broll said:

When I put him as a bonus hero Iron Fist's build was 1/2/6, so it has definitely helped a bit... just not enough. Incidentally of the covers in queue two blacks and one Purple is not from bonus hero covers, so I would have had an excess anyway.

This is the first time I have not been able to cover a replacement threestar by putting it as a bonus hero, so I don't Think it is a bad practice. This is just a statistical outlier.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

broll said:

When I put him as a bonus hero Iron Fist's build was 1/2/6, so it has definitely helped a bit... just not enough. Incidentally of the covers in queue two blacks and one Purple is not from bonus hero covers, so I would have had an excess anyway.

This is the first time I have not been able to cover a replacement threestar by putting it as a bonus hero, so I don't Think it is a bad practice. This is just a statistical outlier.

A better solution to that problem is next time start your dup sooner.  I start mine at 257 most of the time.  That way if I get odd distribution I have 9 covers of wiggle room.  So unless I end up with a 2/5/14 or something crazy like that nothing goes to waste.  Also it has the added benefit of if you hit 13 with a reasonable distro, then you have some buffer time to build up ISO / plan out when to champ your dup.

I do this on all dups, only exceptions are ones where I have a pressing need to get the 4* cover from 265 ASAP or I need the extra resources and am willing to risk cover loss to get it now.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:

broll said:

A better solution to that problem is next time start your dup sooner.  I start mine at 257 most of the time.  That way if I get odd distribution I have 9 covers of wiggle room.  So unless I end up with a 2/5/14 or something crazy like that nothing goes to waste.  Also it has the added benefit of if you hit 13 with a reasonable distro, then you have some buffer time to build up ISO / plan out when to champ your dup.

I do this on all dups, only exceptions are ones where I have a pressing need to get the 4* cover from 265 ASAP or I need the extra resources and am willing to risk cover loss to get it now.

Yeah, I used to do that, but when I got in a HP Crunch I decided it was better to wait as long as possible to buy new roster slots, so I finished the old one Before I started the new one. I have rerostered 27 threestar characters so far (Hood will be the 28th tomorrow when PvE rewards come in), and Iron Fist is the first one that has had this issue.