MPQ at Marvel.com: Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior)

Options
13»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The solo nodes in SHIELD training have been a lot easier than usual. I Think.

I don't even have any red covers yet so I am relying on black and yellow to get the job done. Seems to work well.

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bl4de and Valkyrie work really well together even when she's at 1 cover. Every time Blade's red passive hit the right target, you gain at least 3 AP back. If red's your strongest color, then it's possible to keep his red up forever. You can also use her red as a finisher whenever you feel like, and if you've collected red enough, this won't disable Blade's red passive. They both also have passive powers that create strike tiles, so you'll be pushing strike tiles out left and right, boosting the damage of each hit of her red. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    himatako said:
    Bl4de and Valkyrie work really well together even when she's at 1 cover. Every time Blade's red passive hit the right target, you gain at least 3 AP back. If red's your strongest color, then it's possible to keep his red up forever. You can also use her red as a finisher whenever you feel like, and if you've collected red enough, this won't disable Blade's red passive. They both also have passive powers that create strike tiles, so you'll be pushing strike tiles out left and right, boosting the damage of each hit of her red. 
    That's pretty much how she works with Chavez, too. Once you've got Fear Not, Mi Gente going, if the bounty is on the person in front, you're getting it right as the turn starts. And they both have red as their strongest colour, so America's red damage goes through the roof really fast, and you can easily spare enough for Valkyrie's red now and then. Adding Bl4de in as well sounds fantastic, but it leaves you with no strong damage or powers in blue or purple.
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Her black is absolutely her best power. You need to hit hard, and unless you have a good 5*, you are unlikely to do enough damage each turn to trigger it. But every other turn is still pretty sweet, and more doable

i prefer her with people like grocket, c4rol and Medusa, so you know the damage will come fast. Bl4de is too random, (1 in 3 chance versus focused fire) and she pairs well with most good 5*s, but less so than America. 

I love that you have to pay attention and at least click on the CD tile to know who to target.  
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Gamora and 5*DD, she will be a monster as a 3rd on control. Doesn’t matter if the strongest color is red, purple, or green. 

Defensively ive got some ideas but need to test them.

Also, I’m looking at her as another character who not only helps people who need anti R&G/Gamora/Medusa but as an anti-Carol too. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options

With Gamora and 5*DD, she will be a monster as a 3rd on control. Doesn’t matter if the strongest color is red, purple, or green. 

Defensively ive got some ideas but need to test them.

Also, I’m looking at her as another character who not only helps people who need anti R&G/Gamora/Medusa but as an anti-Carol too. 
    But on a team of dd, g4mora, and valk, yellow is the strongest color.  So every back proc gets you yellow ap that you can't use.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well that sucks. My DD is under leveled. Didn’t think his strongest color was purple. I know I’ve used him with purple as the strongest color. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well that sucks. My DD is under leveled. Didn’t think his strongest color was purple. I know I’ve used him with purple as the strongest color. 
    3*dd is purple/blue/red for color strength.

5*dd is yellow/green/purple.  He is also, like rulk or banner, a character with a passive strongest color.  Good against opponents like carol or xdp that punish you for matching your strongest color, but bad for friendly powers that generate strongest color ap.