The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    Waaay too many dupes in the new set. tinykitty? Ixalan was reasonable with the dupes. Rivals is atrocious. 
    Uh, that should be expected.  Ixalan has 191 cards to Rivals 104.  You have a much smaller pool to pull from thus are likely to see more dupes. 
    considering how much more appealing Rivals is, I wish those numbers were reversed lol
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    Waaay too many dupes in the new set. tinykitty? Ixalan was reasonable with the dupes. Rivals is atrocious. 
    Uh, that should be expected.  Ixalan has 191 cards to Rivals 104.  You have a much smaller pool to pull from thus are likely to see more dupes. 
    considering how much more appealing Rivals is, I wish those numbers were reversed lol
    You and me both!
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    You and me both!

------------------

Kinesia:
    Rivals really fixes a lot of Ixalan problems along with the cost changes they did. They are honestly 1 big set and I think you need them both together.
  • FindingHeart8

Kinesia:
    Rivals really fixes a lot of Ixalan problems along with the cost changes they did. They are honestly 1 big set and I think you need them both together.
    I see what you're saying.  I'm just saying that (as much as I really like Rivals right now), having it paired with Ixalan makes it less good.  Like a domesticated werewolf, a zombie that can feel pain, or an Eldrazi without tentacles.
  • FindingHeart8
    RIX Kamigawa Dragons need a buff
  • Mickleberry
    Mickleberry Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I honestly haven't played in well over a month: I use to play all the time, and Ixalan just gave me a bad taste in my mouth... In fact, this is also the first time in almost a month that I've been on the forum, too :-/
  • FindingHeart8
    RIX is a huge improvement, though I still have trouble justifying synergy it with Ixalan.  Most of those cards, tribal or not, are still really bad.
  • FindingHeart8
    that is indeed frustrating
  • FindingHeart8
    I need to post this here because I've posted it everywhere else and I should really just redirect it to here:

I was dealt 999 damage by Azor's Gateway on turn 4.

It was a Tier-5 Blizzard of salt at my location.
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    New player. FINALLY have 400 pink crystals after a month of collecting them in tiny amounts with the bulk coming from buying PW/Mythic bundles in the shop. New pack rotated in today, looked at cardpool and was very excited because I had only a few of the mythics and many potential new ones, as well as a ton of masterpieces which I'll never get.

Dupe. Regisaur Alpha. I wanted to cry.

In most games, the RNG giveth and the RNG taketh. In MTGPQ the RNG only taketh. I'll add this fail to the x4 Beckett Brass I opened after buying her with cash in the shop. Good stuff.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Quantius said:
    New player. FINALLY have 400 pink crystals after a month of collecting them in tiny amounts with the bulk coming from buying PW/Mythic bundles in the shop. New pack rotated in today, looked at cardpool and was very excited because I had only a few of the mythics and many potential new ones, as well as a ton of masterpieces which I'll never get.

In most games, the RNG giveth and the RNG taketh. In MTGPQ the RNG only taketh. I'll add this fail to the x4 Beckett Brass I opened after buying her with cash in the shop. Good stuff.
    Awh man im sorry... that sucks... Specially in low tiers when hoarding 400 pinks means a lot of grind...
    I hope the devs take this in consideration as an example of how grinding for a MONTH to get a dupe leaves you with such a tinykitty feeling...

On a side note... I would suggest you not to spend pink jewels on Ixalan... In my opinion is not worth it, specially if you have to go through the chore of grinding for a month to have enough of them. Wait for Rivals or any other set to hit the Elite packs.

But this is just my opinion.

More luck next time mate!
  • FindingHeart8
    edited March 2018
    Coilbox said:
    Quantius said:

Awh man im sorry... that sucks... Specially in low tiers when hoarding 400 pinks means a lot of grind...
    I hope the devs take this in consideration as an example of how grinding for a MONTH to get a dupe leaves you with such a tinykitty feeling...

On a side note... I would suggest you not to spend pink jewels on Ixalan... In my opinion is not worth it, specially if you have to go through the chore of grinding for a month to have enough of them. Wait for Rivals or any other set to hit the Elite packs.

But this is just my opinion.

More luck next time mate!
    oh tinykitty are we back to Ixalan mythics?? Why do the developers hate us so??

*flips all the tables*
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally got 400 pink again, forgot the pack rotated today and got the card I wanted last dein the set I didn't even want. Own stupidity.
  • Gunmix25
    Three mediocre mythics from RIX... all three have been duped once each. About threw my phone on the third one. Smh.  Won't have enough jewels in time for another try at an EP before time runs out. ... even then I'm afraid of another tinykity dupe. What I'd give for some Dinosaurian love  :*<3 lol
  • Gunmix25
    I finally got 400 pink again, forgot the pack rotated today and got the card I wanted last dein the set I didn't even want. Own stupidity.
    Ouch  :s
  • FindingHeart8
    part of me almost wonders if Octagon realized that Rival's shiny, golden-temples were releasing players from the developing Stockholm Syndrome we were getting, after being forced to wander aimlessly through Ixalan's Jungle-of-Sadness-and-Mediocrity.

"Oh snap!  We've hath given them too much.  It's back to the wastelands with you, peasants!"
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, and I also was one of the players burning all resources on ixl, to today I have only one mythic from RIX - the Phoenix, à good one- aaaaand..
    It's bugged
  • FindingHeart8
    Oh, and I also was one of the players burning all resources on ixl, to today I have only one mythic from RIX - the Phoenix, à good one- aaaaand..
    It's bugged
    it's bugged?  What happened?  It was a scary critter to face when the AI used it :o
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    It's bugged
    it's bugged?  What happened?  It was a scary critter to face when the AI used it :o
    I also have the phoenix and... i think it works propperly for me...?

How is it bugged @Laeuftbeidir ?