Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations) (3/7/18)

1235»

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    Apropos of nothing, "defenestrate" is my favorite word in the English language.
    Think of the windows!
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Tony Foot said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Brigby said:
    Richyyy said:
    Yay, glad she's finally in the game. I know the answer is invariably 'no', but just in case - @Brigby, will CS swap 5* covers received from the Alias Investigations Special Store if you've got 5+ in one color?
    Unless it's Jessica Jones, then unfortunately no.
    Why does this policy persist?  What purpose does it serve?

I already have a 1/5/4 BP (and a 0/1/0 dupe because cs refused to help me out with the hornhrad tokens).  If cs offered swaps I would be strongly incentivized to buy a bunch of alias tokens: I could get the new 5* and finish up a very hard-to-finish classic at the same time.
    I'm guessing that they couldn't tell if you got it from a classic or the new vault? There would be nothing to stop people drawing classic tokens and claiming they got them from the vault without a lot of extra work?

As it stands if you get JJ they know where from, same as GR, AA and Thor.
    Still tho, why should that stop them? They say if the swap policy were allowed for all 5*s it would be too much, but its only adding another 2 while presumably swap requests for the latest 3 would slow down. And if someone wanted to break their hoard in classics in the off chance that they cover Goblin or Panther, they still would have to worry about dupes for the rest of them.
    I dunno, I think they should allow swaps for the other 2 when they do these new release tokens.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Tony Foot said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Brigby said:
    Richyyy said:
    Yay, glad she's finally in the game. I know the answer is invariably 'no', but just in case - @Brigby, will CS swap 5* covers received from the Alias Investigations Special Store if you've got 5+ in one color?
    Unless it's Jessica Jones, then unfortunately no.
    Why does this policy persist?  What purpose does it serve?

I already have a 1/5/4 BP (and a 0/1/0 dupe because cs refused to help me out with the hornhrad tokens).  If cs offered swaps I would be strongly incentivized to buy a bunch of alias tokens: I could get the new 5* and finish up a very hard-to-finish classic at the same time.
    I'm guessing that they couldn't tell if you got it from a classic or the new vault? There would be nothing to stop people drawing classic tokens and claiming they got them from the vault without a lot of extra work?

As it stands if you get JJ they know where from, same as GR, AA and Thor.
    They definitely have all the data necessary to make that determination, but you are right that it may be laborious to search that data.  My response is basically "boo hoo!" This has been a serious problem with the game since early 2016! If they are still bottlenecked by cs, then the only reason is because d3/demi didn't want to develop a solution.  Two years is plenty of time to develop, test, and iterate multiple solutions.

Moreover, the specialty stores last a handful of days at most.  Why not swap covers for select classics during that short window regardless of source?  If people really want to risk wasted covers for other classics to save the to per pull, and brave the miniscule odds of each individual classic 5*, let them.  They already did this with the cosmic tokens (and it got me to spend some of my hoard, and let me finish my SS, whom I use all the time. Good outcome!).  Was that really such a horrible experience for d3/demi? 

More to the point: why is there still no solution to the 6th cover problem?  5*s are already super premium currency on top of rng on top of rng without considering colors. Do they really need to push players even further with unusable covers?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    Apropos of nothing, "defenestrate" is my favorite word in the English language.
    "No, no, defenestration's too good for him! Throw him out the window!" Pogo was so great ;)
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 761 Critical Contributor
    I don’t know why they can’t add a redraw button to special stores , the coding would be fairly easy to do and they could apply it to 5* s only 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    JJ's store gave me a lone Jess, 3 BPs, and no Goblins, from a fair number of pulls (~30).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see some players have a sense of entitlement.

You might as well ask the developers/programmers to code all special stores like Alias Investigation in future to allow you to choose the colour of the three featured 5* covers if you got their covers from that store. They could extend it to Classic Tokens for every 5* as well. While they are at it, they could extend this to the latest 3 5* for Legendary Token as well since they are willing to swap covers for latest 5*. 

Everyone has both good and bad luck with RNG. It's something every players have to deal with. 

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***Please keep the discussion on topic of the OP. Thanks!***
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,905 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's a link to the Marvel.com article for those interested: https://news.marvel.com/games/85936/piecing-together-marvel-puzzle-quest-jessica-jones/
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    I see some players have a sense of entitlement.

You might as well ask the developers/programmers to code all special stores like Alias Investigation in future to allow you to choose the colour of the three featured 5* covers if you got their covers from that store. They could extend it to Classic Tokens for every 5* as well. While they are at it, they could extend this to the latest 3 5* for Legendary Token as well since they are willing to swap covers for latest 5*. 

Everyone has both good and bad luck with RNG. It's something every players have to deal with. 

Oh please.  Criticizing the game is hardly the same thing as being "entitled."  And for that matter the term "entitled" such a lazy insult that is almost devoid of meaning. 

Do you really think it is unreasonable for players for to criticize demi/d3 for the 6th cover problem?  Demi/d3 refuse to do cover swaps for classic characters, but keep the price of 5* covers very high (250cp at a minimum if you get the featured cycle right, or extreme rng otherwise), with no way to earn fixed 5* rewards through play. 

The result is that rng has a massive effect on roster strength that can only ever be overcome with massive, timely spending.  Imo it's a serious problem with mpq (a big part of why I am semi-retired from the game now).  And its a problem that players identified more than 2 years ago and has only gotten worse while demi/d3 have done extremely little to fix it (basically the only steps that demi/d3 have taken are these specialyty release tokens and 5* h4h.  Both have significant shortcomings from a player perspective).

(Edit: to be fair, Demi/d3 have also added 5* champ covers. Like 5* h4h, it's better than nothing, but requires both a high price like 250cp or champing and leveling a specific 4* to 280+, and is on a fairly long-slow schedule.)
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Not sure where to ask this, so: do we know when she’ll go into the LL vault? Thanks for the info...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    Not sure where to ask this, so: do we know when she’ll go into the LL vault? Thanks for the info...
    Two weeks after the Alias Investigations store ended, so early next week.
  • Yepyep
    Thanks, Q. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I recently faced a buffed 12 cover JJ. I will say her traps were surprisingly strong. Put her with a board mover or cascade creator and she will be deadly.

It could be just that she is currently buffed that the damage felt so oppressive but the traps were going off on me pretty regular.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep said:
    Also, it's Thor who's leaving LLs, correct?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes Thor is leaving next.
  • Yepyep
    Thanks, @tiomono.
  • SupermanTampa
    SupermanTampa Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I'm sorry but I can't believe they released JJ as a 5* character.