What is the over/under on having Dazzler within the year?

CaptainSlurpee
CaptainSlurpee Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
I think it will happen. What say you?

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    On one hand, it'd be cool to have her in the game. On the other hand, I'll miss the Dazzler jokes in the character hint threads.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    If they make a 4* Dazzler, we can always predict 5* Dazzler.  Or vice versa.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or they can completely troll us and make her a 1*  :p
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like that, if only for some variation in the 1 star node in DDQ.  :D
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like that, if only for some variation in the 1 star node in DDQ.  :D
    Hang on now; they recently upped the 1* power creep by elevating Ditko Spidey over Juggs. Are you saying that they should push the envelope again for Dazzler???

That'd be outta control!
    I’m guessing she’ll be a 1*\5* dual release with the 1* being identical to the 5* in every way, even match damage...just scaled down to the Lv 50 cap.  They could balance it out by making her “Limited” like Yelena.

/no, not really...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why was Yelena limited? Have the Dev's ever given any feedback on this? I can't work that one out for the life of me. Don't you usually make the better characters harder to get?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Why was Yelena limited? Have the Dev's ever given any feedback on this? I can't work that one out for the life of me. Don't you usually make the better characters harder to get?

Bagman, Howard the Duck and Devil Dinosaur all beg to disagree.

I Think they made her special because they wanted to avoid people getting mad they wasted a roster slot on her...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Bagman, Howard the Duck and Devil Dinosaur all beg to disagree.

I Think they made her special because they wanted to avoid people getting mad they wasted a roster slot on her...

The first three (well actually not sure about Bagman) were created as limited though, right?

They could have made her more special by reducing her power cost from the 200AP level or whatever it currently is!
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Bagman did not start out as limited (he predates the "limited" tag).  Bagman covers were rewards from one of the prequel missions (that mission now awards 2* Marvel covers IIRC).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yelena predates 'limited' as well. Both her and Bagman were legit characters and could be found in plentiful amounts of tokens.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Before the Icon change, I would have said Dazzler was more likely than Jubilee....
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I always assumed they slapped Limted status on characters that were difficult to balance for various reasons. Howard seems like he's some numbers tweaks away from being top tier to me. he has invisibility spam that does Ant Man/Squirrel Girl style nibble damage, a huge board shake that isn't dissimilar from 5* Iron Man's blue power that happens on green-an easy color to generate with any number of other characters, and a multi-turn stun that clears out special tiles. He strikes me as being a little too interesting.

Dino, on the other hand, seems like the opposite: here's a bunch of mild board shake and medium damage abilities. We don't know what else to do with him.

And then Yelena, were her moves not ludicrously expensive, would be able to play up very high with her ability to convert enemy specials to criticals and steal AP. If you don't look at how much they cost, those kinds of effects are what we're seeing several star tiers higher than that. But scaled the way she is with health/ap cost, she is super useless.

Do we know why there are no limited 3*s? I would think if Limited Status were a planned thing, there'd be one at every tier.

As for Dazzler, I am feeling like we'll see her eventually; probably this year.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    We believe there was a missed opportunity... The developers should have done a split 3* and 5* release with Jubilee as the 3* and Dazzler as the 5* ala Angel / Archangel release. The power sets are visually similar....

Ah well... Not even an April fools prank
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    We believe there was a missed opportunity... The developers should have done a split 3* and 5* release with Jubilee as the 3* and Dazzler as the 5* ala Angel / Archangel release. The power sets are visually similar....

Ah well... Not even an April fools prank

They were probably waiting until 2019 so that the feeders would work better:
    3* Jubilee --> 4* Jubilee --> 5* Dazzler

That has to be the reason...