Thank You Majincob

Options
System
System Posts: 1,026 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: All The Awesome.

Comments

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whenever there is talk of MTGPQ community i cant help but think about the guy who started it all. So I'd like to take time and thank @majincob , creater of the slack community and (now retired) leader of GoblinPile. He started to work on bringing together a community as soon as we got word about introduction of coalitions. His vision was that of all the coalitions working together, an alliance where every kind of player (newer and older) would have a place. At least 2 of the major group of coalitions currently active in the game took roots in the alliance that he created.

I honestly believe the MTGPQ community would not be what it is if it were not for him. So thank you Majincob, for all of your hard work.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh I didn't know he retired. That's a shame, he was a really good player too.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [MOD MIC ON] Split from another discussion. [//MOD MIC]
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Majincob was an amazing leader and organizer, he did a lot to further the spirit of coalitions -- he will be missed. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's definitely missed. I remember thinking I'd be lucky to find a group of people to latch onto, but he got the data, organized groups, had everyone sort themselves by self-rating their competition level, and got the ball rolling on day 1.

Best of all, though, is that he did it publicly, on these forums. Everyone in the game had a chance to participate in the initial organization, something I very much approve of, and clearly everyone who took advantage of that largesse of time and spirit has been rewarded.