Who to champ question - Hulkbuster, Nighcrawler, XF Deadpool, & Nico

Options
i have 2 covers for Hulkbuster and Nightcrawler dying on the vine, along with a single cover for both XF Deadpool and Nico on the vine as well. Any suggestions on who to champ since they all seem to pretty much be “middle of the road characters”? Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1) Hulkbuster - a little antiquated now, but invaluable in boss fights. Good red battery and self-synergy. When you need to do a load of damage to one person, accept no substitutes.
    2) Deadpool - a key guy in some important 4-star strategies, one of which is a team used to counter the omnipresent Grocket/Gamora/Medusa teams in sim.
    3) Nico - I don't have any experience with her, but she sounds interesting and a good teammate for special tile spammers. Maybe she places higher on this list, I dunno.
    4) Nightcrawler - He can either go winfinite, or completely stall. It's 50/50. Well, actually more like 25/75. Unreliable.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    nico and nightcrawler because they are in tokens as increased odds. as stated above, nightcrawler is unreliable, but fun to play with imo. nico is slow and less fun, but reliably increases strike tiles so if you use guardians she is useful on wave nodes when you are taking enough turns for her to make your strike tiles huge.
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks to both for the insight.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have Nico and Nightcrawler at champ, and I use Nightcrawler more than i thought i would, and Nico less. I was so sure Nico would be the new meta pair with 4ocket, and I don't know if I'm bringing her in with the wrong partners or up against the wrong teams or what. My initial impression of Nightcrawler was that he was pretty under-powered compared to other characters, but he is an AP factory that is super fun once he gets moving. I like pairing him with Scarlet Witch to get the purple train rolling. I have fired off as many as 11 powers in a single turn using Bamf!