4* DDQ: Kate Bishop vs Hawkguy

Anon
Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Kate last week so this was a cakewalk. Switched Kate to 5/5/3 from 3/5/5 and just gunned for Blue and Black. It's great that they share all the same colors, makes it easier to deny him powers. I got off Blue and Black while he never fired anything.

Easy

LT gave me a Purple Nightcrawler. He's 2/4/5 now.

Comments

• thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    5/5/1, 213 Kate made mince meat out of the Hawkguy with a quick run to blue and black. Can see this giving problems to undercovered Kates, though.

Blue Yondu to 3/2/4
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    3rd attempt with my lv70 5/4/2 Kate with +2 purple/blue and +2 all AP. 
    Her blue countdown tile was actually very useful in this fight. Denied purple at all cost and went for blue otherwise. 

LT gave me an unusable red 5Thor which CS will hopefully swap for a green cover.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    No sweat with L282 Kate.  I'm really liking the trend of mirrored AP colors lately, makes these a lot easier.

+1 to hoard.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My champed Kate didn't even break a sweat. Had a black-dominated board and two casts of that sent Hawkeye packing.

+1 to the ever-growing hoard.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/5/5 here, so I figured I had a great shot. I leveled her from 140-something, 150-something, to 160 before I started. Got a nice cascade early, nailed him with black, got my purple a couple turns later, that plus another black, and that was it.

Have I drawn any LTs today? Uh. I dunno. I'm sorta saving them, sorta not, while I level up my Nova to 270.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5 lvl. 276

I don't use either character very often so not sure the best order for abilities, but focused purple > blue > black. Aftef 1 fire of boomerangs I beat him down in just a few turns.

Token to the hoard.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/2 lvl147 Kate - first time I got nowhere, didn't even fire a power because board was so barren. Tried again with a +2 B/P - seemed to be going the same way as first one but then managed to get some boomerangs to hit Kate. It was getting tight but I managed to get Kate's blue before Hawkguy could get his black off for the win.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Lv 274 5/3/5 Kate.  Board didn't have any of the colors early and blue was constantly falling for him.  He got off a ton of his arrow shots but at the end, nothing he did put enough of a hurting on Kate.  Fired off Because....Boomerangs once and when I finally got the blue, downed him with Ruthless Precision.  She had fallen down to about 2000 health but I knew if I could finally get 12 blue, it would be ballgame.

LT gave me a 12th champion cover for Nightcrawler
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    For my 125 2/2/2 Katie-Kate,  I won on my 5th try with the help of a million and one boosts.

At least, I got a green GladiaThor for 4/1/3 ugh I need more reds, RNGesus!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Second try for my 5/2/1 Kate. The first try was embarrassing - not only did he get all the blue, but his countdowns landed in unmatchable areas. The second try went much better, and I managed to land a double punch of purple and blue.

Unfortunately, the token was a stinker - a Thing yellow for my 5/5/1 (Probably about 6/7/1, actually), errr, Thing. Better luck next time!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
     For the longest time, Kate was one of my least covered 4*s, stuck at Level 78. Then in a relatively short amount of time comparatively, she became fully covered, but stuck at 78 because I had other ISO needs. I finally champed her a month or so ago. 

Even though this ended up being pretty easy overall, it was looking off to a bad start, as Hawkguy hit a few small cascades and fired a few arrows. 

Thankfully, I was able to clear his CDs before they resolved. And then the tables turned and I hit a massive cascade of my own. I fired Boomerangs to get the strike tiles out, immediately followed by Looking for Trouble. A few more matches , and it was all over. I finished with 12420 health left. Token to the hoard. 
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Second try with my 5/1/4 lvl 84 Kate. I haven't had the iso or the interest to level her, and it didn't hurt me much here. I just used a few boosts to get an early advantage and denied him everything.

Token to the (tiny) horde while waiting for Jessica Jones to hit packs.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    First try with a 5/2/1 lv 172 Kateniss and no boosts. Token to the hoard.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had Kate parked at level 152 (where I have most of my non-champed 4*s), covered at 3/5/4.  I managed to beat Hawkguy with no boosts after a few failed attempts.

Denying purple seemed to be the most important goal: those strike tiles alone would kill me even without the damage from the countdown.  Blue was less of a problem, since he would sometimes match away his countdowns, and I could survive the explosive arrow.  His black could be beneficial if I hadn't damaged him much, since the value of the friendly special tiles would outstrip the health he regained.

On the successful run, I ended up being able to collect enough AP to fire all my powers before dying.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Four or five tries and a lot of boosts for my 2/3/0 Lvl127 Kate. Almost had it on the second try, but I lost track of my Looking for Trouble countdown and took myself out while he was at double-digit health. Finally pulled it off with a good board, getting enough black to fire Looking for Trouble turn 2, and enough blue to fire that right before he set off his own black. I actually ended up getting stunned by his first arrow, but fortunately there was nothing but red and yellow for him to match until I got back up. Then the Charged tiles from his Electric Arrow ended up falling in my favour, and I was able to drop him with another black before he could fire a Boomerang Arrow. A tough one, but I don't think it unseats Mockingbird's as the hardest Crash that I eventually won.

Token waiting for Jess.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was much tougher than it should have been for a champed Kate due to a massive blue/black cascade for Hawkguy leading to many unmatchable countdowns (he fired off 5/7 arrows).  Her black hits too hard, though, so she still won with ~40% of her health to spare.

LT gave a Drax champ level.
  • K1NGY
    K1NGY Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    5/1/2 Kate bishop I boosted all blue plus 100cp to boost more ap as she’s far from fully covered for me. And viola 1st attempt with a great tile drop in favour of blue for me. Makes up for the last COT I couldn’t get even close to gaining.

Token = 5* Archie
  • Droflew
    Droflew Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I thought I would be cheeky and let my Lvl 120 Kate have a rumble with the Hawk: first fight fully boosted, she got her sorry butt kicked all over.Not to be deterred another rumble ensued and blow me down, she turned the Hawk over, who was a mere 170 lvls senior. Got to be one of the most memorable events yet on my roster.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Win with a 5/1/1, lv 156 with no boost. Manage to get 2 match 5 and manage to deny his blue and black, he manage to fire his purple but luckily he matched away his own purple countdown, I then fire my purple to get the strike tiles out then fire blue once and black twice to down him. The trick is to not fire your power early as it may help him generate his colour when he match your special tiles.