Four Tribes 4.1

Options
DumasAG
DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
Really? The opponent's deck includes a board wipe when a support ribbon requires that you kill 2 or less creatures? Cool.

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep. Super lame
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Oh certainly this is a brilliant design choice.

I mean, it's not even possible to prevent the occurrence with bounce because his big thing is token vampires which are killed with bounce.

So you can't bounce them out to avoid Slaughter the Strong, if you go with Disables they eventually stack high enough for Slaughter the Strong (by eventually I mean it takes 3 turns tops), and if you ignore them it's the same result.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Steal the tokens.

You are welcome!
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Or Exile with Gideons Defeat, Grind or Doomfall.

Gideons Defeat/Sphinxs Decree worked for me.
    I had Nyx also but never got to cast it.
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really dont have problems with this design choice, even though, I too run into him nuking his stuff, and lost ribbons there. It is just a thing of experience: Now we know what surprise he is carrying and can adapt accordingly. Exile/Steal will help and make the encounter totally doable.
  • Coilbox
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    Or Exile with Gideons Defeat, Grind or Doomfall.

Gideons Defeat/Sphinxs Decree worked for me.
    I had Nyx also but never got to cast it.
    Nyx is funny... It's a card that always gave me so many headches and made me lose so many battles...! When i finally got it it was like, FECK YES! im gonna rule the galaxy with this toy! And for some reason whenever i play it, it wont last more than 2 turns on the board, ALWAYS seems to land on the easiest gem to destroy... so one day i thought... ok, to make it more effective im gonna mix it up on my decks with cast away, so no one will ever be able to attack! And yeah, turns out that you cast away your enemy creatures, and when Nyx gets destroyed it will bring them all back even if they were casted away... Since that day, Nyx never saw a spot ever again in any of my decks -.-

EDIT: Hang on, im talking about Hixus... me and my english memory :blush:
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Coilbox said:
    Steal the tokens.

You are welcome!
    Oh, was I stealing tokens. The AI just kept killing them faster than I could steal...

It is a lame objective if he AI kills off their own creatures. No matter thendeck you’ll end up building, the outcome on that one will always be down to luck.
  • Coilbox
    Options
    Ahh, well thats unfortunate...

At least think on the positive, i guess the 'luck' factor on some of the nodes is not a bad bad thing...it will make the scoreboard more uneven at the end... not everyone will have nearly perfect scores at least.
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Perfect scores don't matter that much, it's 'only' the coalition score that matters.
  • Coilbox
    Options
    Well... perfect scores from coallition players would lead to perfect coallition scores... or am i wrong?

Anyway, nvm... in fact the lucky factor is always present, which in my opinion is not a bad thing.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fun Fact:  Tragic Arrogance does not kill cards with Prevent Damage.  If you have Dowsing Dagger, the plants survive as well.  That way it only kills one of theirs, instead of 2 (and they don't attack).
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The worst thing about these type of objectives is that you can fail them completely randomly, even when you build a deck that's prepared to handle them. You can put all the exile and steal and bounce you want in a deck, but if it cascades into dropping a board full of creatures and killing them all in the same turn--yup, speaking from experience--there's nothing you can do.

That's very poor design. 

• joerginger
    Options
    (insert rant from me about those annoying cascades again)
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madwren said:
    cascades 

That's very poor design. 

I'd say that's unfortunate and bad luck.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ironically this stupid design saved me. He gets some pretty nasty cascades. Like super ugly. Then, after vomiting on me for a couple minutes, he nukes his squad. I missed the objective. I also didn't lose . Seems fine to me .
  • joerginger
    Options
    Dead by turn 3. One cascade in turn 2 was enough to kill me at the start of the AI's next turn. Super fun.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just marathoned against Elenda. Two vampire decks facing off with lots of removal. 117 turns and 46 of my creatures killed during 70 minutes.
    But I won  :D 

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vraska. 46 turns vs the Gateway and victory! I may have failed one condition though...
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Therefore you need to be fast to get this one. And lucky of course... I lost an objective because of it. This event is super random and the fact that the opponent fights against your objectives with their abilities screams "selling the immortal sun" to us. I will post a whole wall of text after the event ends. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is going to be unpopular, but I like the fact that the objectives are so difficult.  It forces me to make hard choices.

For example, I have given up on even trying to get the "win with X or less life" on 5.1.  There is no way I'm taking that kind of risk on 30 points to get 2.  There are a couple of other tricky ones that I will also sacrifice to get a win.

This is good.  I firmly believe that it should be incredibly difficult to get a perfect score.  Luck is part of any card game, why should this be an exception?  

5.2's insta-kill should definitely cost 12 or 15 though, not 9