Objective "win with X or less HP" bug - related to life gain.

Options
Marvaddin
Marvaddin Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
@Brigby,

I want to report a bug I have seen earlier in history mode, but now is troubling me in the coalition PvE event. As mentioned, is probably a bug from Nicol Bolas, and not from the event, as it has happened in other game areas.

If I have a goal described as "win with X or less life", and I'm using Nicol Bolas (mine is level 60), even if I manage to win with less than the required amount (and in game goal shows it is to be awarded), after ending the match, the goal screen shows it as if I had won with max health (132), and I never get the rewards. In history mode, same objectives were later doable using Kiora. Now it happened when playing 5.1 of the current event.

Dunno if it is something related, but when these things happen, I'm always using my cycling Faith deck. I usually get tons of HP while draining the opponent, then I wait my HP being low enough (sometimes I help it using Slaughter Pact, Inferno Jet and alike), then I win.

Can u please inform dev team?

And people, if someone has / had same problem, please confirm.

Edit: check the next posts. The problem is not related to a specific PW, as I first believed.

Comments

• Arylynn
    Arylynn Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is sadly to say a known bug, that doesn't seem to get any attention at all, no matter how many times it is reported. If you use any cards with lifegain effect, your planeswalker will gain health after the battle but before awarding ribbons. The amount of health gained depends on the length of the game I think, but I am not sure about it. The only solution at the moment: don't use lifegain or don't try to match that objective.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The way this bug works is all health gained during the battle is added to your Planeswalker at the end, including any health ignored during the battle because you were at max health. They really need to get rid of those win with x of less objectives, at least until this bug gets fixed, preferably forever.
  • Marvaddin
    Marvaddin Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yep, I can now confirm I went for the same battle using level 30 UB Tezzeret, ended with 5 HP, and the game considered I won at full health. So yes, related to life gain, not Nicol Bolas.

I'm changing the title.
  • Indymon
    Indymon Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My understanding is that life gain only hurts you to the extent it happened when you were at full health or otherwise had “wasted” life gain. Like the formula for this objective doesn’t remember to cap your life at your max health. Seems like your ACTUAL life total should be a variable floating out there that they should be using to program this objective rather than some wrong substitute formula. 

@brigby: this happened to me today. This is an embarrassing bug. Please prioritize the fix.