Who should I recruit next?

2»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM40/Patch/Strange is the absolute premier PvE goon-busting team at the 3-star tier. I challenge anyone to come up with a better combo of 3-stars that allows them to punch well above their level against goons. This includes symbiotes.

Once you have fired IM40's re-charge, it's basically over. Fill the board with Patch's strikes from his red and green, stun one of the goons with Strange's blue, and then let Strange's blue countdown and his yellow passive (buffed to insane levels by Patch's strikes) do the rest.
  • pixiejazz
    pixiejazz Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    So I made some changes to my roster. I sold off some characters for the time being and recruited others. I recruited IM40 today, got a new move for Hawkguy, a boost for Dr. Strange's yellow move, a boost for Mystique's blue move, two covers for Captain Marvel (Modern; recruited her also), and recruited Vulture. I know he's a 4*, but I actually like what he's capable of, and he's the 4* I had favorited, so I'm pretty happy with that.

New, updated roster: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/pixie/

I also still have 3* Falcon and 3* Human Torch waiting in the wings. They have 9 days and 12 days left on their covers.

• pixiejazz
    I now have 3* Magneto to go along with my Champed 2* Magneto. I also have three 3* characters waiting to be recruited; Sam Wilson, Human Torch, and Gambit. Do I want any of them, or should I hold off until I maybe unlock someone better?
  • Dormammu
    Falcon and Torch are both really good 3-stars, and Magneto is among the best. Gambit is, in my opinion, the absolute worst 3-star. 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Gambit's pretty terrible.  I would hold off on him, and sell him after 14 days if he hasn't become a 3-star essential in PVE during that time.

Falcon is just fabulous, and his Bird Strike power will get more amazing the more powerful he gets.  I used to use him quite a bit more before they changed 5* Gambit's powers (a Bird Strike every third turn was quite remarkable), but he's still great.  The Torch is also very good, plus you can more easily pile up covers by champing the 2* Torch.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not as high on Falcon as others, but he does synergize pretty well with torch since his tile buffing passive helps HT's black power.  Their colors don't overlap, and since you mentioned Mags you can throw him in there for rainbow coverage... Falcon will be slower to cover since he doesn't have a 2* feeder unless you star him...
  • pixiejazz
    So if I were to recruit Human Torch (both 2* and 3*), I'd have to get rid of other characters to make room, since I'm about 400 coins shy of a new space now. If I did give up a couple characters, who would be best to give up?

This is my updated roster: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/pixie/

• Heartbreaksoup
    I don't think much of Ragnarok or Sentry, to be honest.  Can't stand Carnage.  I'd dump those three for Falcon and the two Torches.  Honestly the only plus I find to Sentry is that he feeds Moon Knight, who is fun.
  • Dormammu
    You don't have much room, here. Lesse... you're in 2-star land and starting your transition into 3-star territory, so I'd try and keep as many of the 3-stars as you can. Including the bad ones, because really you want them all and your long-term goal right now should be to get them all champed. If I were you, I'd sell one of those 1-cover 4-stars. It's going to be a while before you're ready to make that jump and losing a 4-star cover here and there can be made up relatively easy. Maybe ditch 4Starlord.

If you're adamant about keeping your 4-stars and ditching a 3-star I'd keep Sentry, even though he's not a great 3-star like Heartbreak soup says, because you have him decently covered. Of your 3-stars, I'd ditch Captain Marvel.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards

Oooh, Sentry is a bit of a tricky one though, he can literally harm you more than help with his powers.

• Heartbreaksoup
    Dormammu said:
    ...I'd try and keep as many of the 3-stars as you can. Including the bad ones, because really you want them all and your long-term goal right now should be to get them all champed...
    Why all of them?  Is there a bonus I don't know about?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    ...I'd try and keep as many of the 3-stars as you can. Including the bad ones, because really you want them all and your long-term goal right now should be to get them all champed...
    Why all of them?  Is there a bonus I don't know about?

Champ levels. You get a steady supply of 3* covers through the DDQ, so you will be able to build them all up. Also, sooner or later they will all be required for PvP and PvE, the better level you have them at then the better.
  • pixiejazz
    Gave up 4* Gamora and 4* Starlord to recruit both Human Torch covers (the 2* and 3*). Also gave up 3* Captain Marvel for Falcon instead.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Oh, I see.  I don't agree - there are characters that I will never use, which is why I questioned "get them all champed" - but every player has their own style.
  • Dormammu
    There are a lot of characters I don't use either... until I do. There are a variety of reasons to follow the 'roster and champ them all' theory, especially when it comes to 3-stars:

1) Required nodes - In PvE if you don't have the required 3-star, you can't play those nodes. You get a loaner in PvP, but having a champed version will make you more competitive.

2) DDQ - To get a free 3-star cover in DDQ every day, you first need that 3-star on roster.

3) Champ rewards - 3-star champ rewards give LTs and 4-star covers. Champing the 3-star tier is one of the best ways to begin transitioning into the 4-star tier.

4) The Meta - You never know when some new character is going to come along and blend perfectly with an old character. This has happened with Sentry twice, even though he is considered bottom tier. If you have the old one on roster and champed, you're a step ahead.
  • pixiejazz
    DAZ0273 said:

Oooh, Sentry is a bit of a tricky one though, he can literally harm you more than help with his powers.

I really like Sentry. I know he does harm to himself and his teammates, but his World Rupture move is pretty great. At least I think so. I use him on occasion, and he comes in handy. That's just me, though.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    pixiejazz said:
    DAZ0273 said: by

I really like Sentry. I know he does harm to himself and his teammates, but his World Rupture move is pretty great. At least I think so. I use him on occasion, and he comes in handy. That's just me, though.
    Oh no doubt his world rupture can be devastating, especially combined with that meaty sacrifice strike tile.