Possible Dazzler incoming? [comic announced]

Options
Waddles_Pines
Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
So, Marvel is running a one-shot with Dazzler June 6th.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/19/dazzler-x-song/

I'm not really digging the punk Jem look too much, but it looks like they're trying to make her a "thing" again.  Since MPQ is part marketing vehicle for Marvel:

1) Do you think she'll be incoming in June?
2) Do you think the servers will explode and cease to exist if she comes to MPQ?
3) Which iteration of Dazzler do you think they should use?
4) Who would be the next character that warrants mention in every preview thread?  

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This was meant to be a legacy one shot and was supposed to come out last November. The devs could surprise us, but I can't imagine Marvel will feel the need to have a in game tie-in with a delayed one shot. Besides, disco Dazzler or bust!! 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know the Puzzle Warriors 3 will be delighted if Dazzler finally comes to MPQ :-)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    This was meant to be a legacy one shot and was supposed to come out last November. The devs could surprise us, but I can't imagine Marvel will feel the need to have a in game tie-in with a delayed one shot. Besides, disco Dazzler or bust!! 
    D'oh, sorry for the false hope... though if she ever does get added: Disco Dazzler as 5* and the blue suit with the star in the middle (like the animated series, with or without the jacket) as the 3*...
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dazzler's had that "punk" look since New Excalibur some 12 years ago now, as I recall. It's nothing new.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dazzler will be the last character added to this game as a troll to us since every time they give us a hint of a new character someone say "Dazzler Confirmed". :wink:
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always thought Paste Pot Pete would make a good joke character with increased rarity, a la Bagman.

But if we get Dazzler, obviously we need to start asking for... Puck!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want slapstick as the next joke character. Or maybe powdered toast man from ren and stimpy. Marvel published the ren and stimpy comics.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I always thought Paste Pot Pete would make a good joke character with increased rarity, a la Bagman.

But if we get Dazzler, obviously we need to start asking for... Puck!

That's funny, I was absolutely going to make your first suggestion, probably because it's one of the silliest names in Marvel.  But I do like aesthetocyst's suggestion of Warlock, too. :)
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

4) Who would be the next character that warrants mention in every preview thread?  
    That's easy, a variant version of Dazzler!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    Paste Pot Pete - one of his powers should be "It's Trapster!!!"

Warlock - oooo we can have a Magus event

If we're talking joke characters, and now that it looks like FF is starting up again.  Impossible Man!!! Plus it's him vs Warlock  :#

Image result for impossible man

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Warlock!
  • gibbojab
    gibbojab Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I really hope they don’t waste a character release on dazzler. They should release Arcade though and do a murderworld story. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gibbojab said:
    I really hope they don’t waste a character release on dazzler. They should release Arcade though and do a murderworld story. 
    There's a new character every two weeks. Are new releases so rare we can't squeeze in Dazzler?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they're afraid if they release Dazzler, that everyone will stop playing after a few weeks because the game will be complete. They're saving her for the very last character release.

She'll be a 7-star and totally break the game with her passive "If there is more than one color on the board, Dazzler downs both teams."
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    I want slapstick as the next joke character. Or maybe powdered toast man from ren and stimpy. Marvel published the ren and stimpy comics.
    Yellow power, 8 AP.
    "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"
    Select one character.  PTM and chosen character go airborne for two turns.  While airborne, gain two AP in Yellow and the partner's strongest color per turn.  Upon landing, PTM unleashes his powdered toast flatulence to burst heal the team for X.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,558 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still waiting for Black Cat here... on the other hand I would love to see the GLA as the next joke character!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm not really digging the punk Jem look too much, but it looks like they're trying to make her a "thing" again.  Since MPQ is part marketing vehicle for Marvel:

1) Do you think she'll be incoming in June?
    2) Do you think the servers will explode and cease to exist if she comes to MPQ?
    3) Which iteration of Dazzler do you think they should use?
    New look look is lame. More fitting for a Jubilee redesign than Dazzler. Dazzler is not punk.

1.  We eventually get all the fan favorites, all the most requesteds (even if they are in-game disappointments...). Starting with Thing (Ben Grimm, you are missed) ! We got Gambit and Nightcrawler and finally JJones. Of course Dazzler will eventually appear. Will this be the excuse to make license and players happy? Sure, why not?

2.  Nah, there will be as much whining about it as celebrating. Probably not as much hate as Gambit, but he deserves it and more.

3. The original, Charlie's Angels hangover, of course. Glam disco party girl all the way (Neveryoumind that disco was already dead, Marvel was always late to every party):

Bonus points for rollerskates.

4.  Not sure what you mean. There are tons of fan favorites yet to appear in this game. I like to think that the character design dept. looks like the speculation and concepts subforum ... fanboys just gushing all over themselves, whining that they took this job to work on the cool characters, why can't they work on the cool characters, we wanna make all the cool characters NAAAAAAOooooooooowww, not another mickey mouse abomination ....

Let's put in a good word for this guy:

Well y'know originally when tasked to create a "disco character" John Romita Jr. suggested basing her on Grace Jones, so she would have been a bit punk! It was only when the film people got involved and wanted to have Bo Derek play the role that she ended up white and blonde.