MPQ at Marvel.com: Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Tough-as-nails and battle-hardened, Valkyrie's bringing her exceptional fighting skills to Marvel Puzzle Quest.
Check out 4-Star Valkyrie here: Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior)

Comments

• Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Carol and C&D have new teammate :)
  • dave7099
    dave7099 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Sweet more c listers!  Can we get some of the missing headliners?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    I love her!!!  <3  That yellow passive almost seems like two passives in one -- are those two effects (the strike tile creation when teammate damaged, and the extra match damage when an enemy has under a certain amount of AP) mutually exclusive of each other? Or are those effects linked in some way that I'm not able to parse out from the tooltip?

Also, thank you for the first ever one-active-power character whose active color ISN'T purple, black, or blue. More variety like this is always great for teambuilding.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    dave7099 said:

Don't worry, in April we'll have some more Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hawkeye and Black Widow characters!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    She doesn't look as awesome as I was hoping (was hoping for the Valkyrie outfit at the end of the movie), but she seems like she'll be a fun character on the right teams. The numbers of course will help determine how good she actually is, but I'm quite excited for an onslaught ability that has 5 hits in rapid succession. Quintuple-dipping on strike tiles will make me feel like I'm really sticking to Daken because of his glitch. 

On another note, these event times seem a little weird. Aren't Simulator and Thick As Thieves 3-day, and 4-day events respectively? The dates he gives on the article imply that they will both be a day longer. This is likely just because of s5 though, and I'm overthinking. In either case I really hope they finally toned down the Rogue/Gambit presence in Simulator. They probably didn't, but it's fun to hope for a pleasant surprise. 
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    She doesn't look as awesome as I was hoping (was hoping for the Valkyrie outfit at the end of the movie), but she seems like she'll be a fun character on the right teams. The numbers of course will help determine how good she actually is, but I'm quite excited for an onslaught ability that has 5 hits in rapid succession. Quintuple-dipping on strike tiles will make me feel like I'm really sticking to Daken because of his glitch. 

On another note, these event times seem a little weird. Aren't Simulator and Thick As Thieves 3-day, and 4-day events respectively? The dates he gives on the article imply that they will both be a day longer. This is likely just because of s5 though, and I'm overthinking. In either case I really hope they finally toned down the Rogue/Gambit presence in Simulator. They probably didn't, but it's fun to hope for a pleasant surprise. 
    I think how they implement her multiattack will matter as well. 

will it be as they say and actually hit 5 times, and thus if you down an enemy with the second hit it will continue on to the next... or will it just do a 5x attack + 5x strike on one enemy.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    dave7099 said:

Don't worry, in April we'll have some more Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hawkeye and Black Widow characters!
    I don’t imagine we’ll get Thor or Iron Man (just got a Thor, and I just don’t want to see 2 IM in one tier). Not sure what the bleached hair will bring to Black Widow, and Hawkeye doesn’t seem all that prominent based on the trailers. But I could hope for a 4* Steve Rogers (Sexy, Rugged Beard) in the game. They just need to get this man a shield. Also, Spider Man (Iron Spider) might be okay. Or a Vision (Lobotomised by the Black Order)?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a fan of her look, but her powers seem interesting.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooh, definitely looking forward to her. Not only was she my favourite new character from Ragnarok, but that sounds like a power set that will mesh nicely with a number of my favourite pairings.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Earlier announcement than usual could that mean we might have a second character released in the same week :smiley:
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Not a fan of her look, but her powers seem interesting.
    This.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very happy to have her, she was the standout character in 'Ragnarok.' I like the way she looks, for the most part. At first I thought I'd have preferred her second costume, but now I'm on the fence. The real thing I'd have liked to have seen in the art was her boozy swagger.

Power-wise, she seems like she could be great depending on the numbers. Even if they're lackluster, she'll still be a great C4rol partner as others have noted.

RE: "Her second attack is called Bounty Hunter and it’s a Black Passive power.  For this ability, she creates a Black Countdown tile that targets a random enemy.  If that enemy is downed or takes a certain amount of damage before the Countdown tile expires, this tile is removed and the player gets 4 AP in their strongest color while destroying 4 AP in the enemy’s strongest color."

@Brigby
    Is there some requirement that must be met to activate this, or does she automatically create the countdown tile whenever one does not exist? How long does the countdown tile last? Those details greatly impact how insane this ability would be paired with C4rol.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    dave7099 said:

I don’t imagine we’ll get Thor or Iron Man (just got a Thor, and I just don’t want to see 2 IM in one tier). Not sure what the bleached hair will bring to Black Widow, and Hawkeye doesn’t seem all that prominent based on the trailers. But I could hope for a 4* Steve Rogers (Sexy, Rugged Beard) in the game. They just need to get this man a shield. Also, Spider Man (Iron Spider) might be okay. Or a Vision (Lobotomised by the Black Order)?
    I don’t want to see two of any character in any tier. Even though we’ve got several #TimeFor6*s
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simulator? Why are we being punished?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    n25philly said:
    Looks like the movies version but the abilities don't seem to match. **inappropriate content removed**

you really want a taser ability to stun opponents? How many variation of stuns must there be? I prefer new abilities. May be passive to show her being an alcoholic? 

**Inappropriate content removed from quote - fight4thedream
  • shardwick
    edited March 2018
    Pongie said:
    n25philly said:
    Looks like the movies version but the abilities don't seem to match.**inappropriate content removed**
    you really want a taser ability to stun opponents? How many variation of stuns must there be? I prefer new abilities. May be passive to show her being an alcoholic? 
    Valkyrie takes a drink each round and then stuns a random opponent if the team has at least 12 ap in a color. The drink however depletes two random ap each round.

**Inappropriate content removed from quote - fight4thedream
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    dave7099 said:

I feel like 2 Spideys in the 5* tier only happened because even the devs forgot BSSM existed. ;)

Way I see it, 4* tier is missing a Parker Spider-Man, Steve Rogers, and BW. So I wouldn't be surprised for any of those. And the 5* tier could get Vision and SW to round out the MCU Avengers.
  • shardwick
    @Brigby can you say who the essential 2* and 3* will be for Thick as Thieves?