Any way to check rewards for sub-events?

Just like the title says, I'm asking for any way to check the rewards on sub-events. Depending on a variety of factors (Boosted list, required characters, enemy nodes, etc.) I sometimes choose to push my roster to compete at the highest CL I feel is practical, but sometimes I drop it down a level (missing the 4* so I won't be competitive anyway, etc.).

Is there any way to check the rewards for the sub-events for an overall story event? Or are the HP rewards (which is what I really care about) the same for sub-events of all CLs for a story event? I might grit my teeth and do the higher CL if it gives me better progress toward more roster slots, which are the primary choke point on my roster development.

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Jwallyr Are you trying to find that information in-game or on the forum?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    The HP rewards for Subs are better in higher SCLs. But it's not a smooth progression. I think SCL7 is probably the sweet spot if you can handle 7 clears there. That usually seems to be enough for T50 and the 100HP per Sub.
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby: Either would be great. I don't see any way to drill down to the sub-events, particularly before the event begins (such that I can pick a CL based on rewards).

@TPF Alexis: That has been my impression. Unfortunately I'm still at the 3* tier (my highest level usable character is Dr Strange at 198) and creeping slowly into the 4* tier, so CL 7 with its level cap of 355 is well beyond my comfort zone. I have occasionally been surprised by the number of HP (both that it's more than expected at CL5 or less at CL6) rewarded by sub nodes, but obviously the lower CL is somewhat easier. If I can cruise at the 175 level cap (CL 5) and get roughly the same rewards on a story event where I don't have the 4* that I would get at the 220 cap (CL 6), it frees me up to stress a little less hard. That reduction in stress is very handy when hardcore placement efforts basically require me to take a break from work (and work into the evening) if I care to be competitive for placement.
  • TPF Alexis
    The jump from SCL6 to SCL7 isn't actually nearly as big as the levels make it seem. For all the nodes except the 5* Essential, it's a similar increase to any other SCL jump, and the 5* Essential is worth very few points (somewhere in the range of the first Easy node), so you can still do fairly well even without touching that one.

That said, for now, you're right. With a sub-200 level Roster, you would really struggle to get the T50 placement needed for HP in SCL7. Once you get that far, tho, you needn't worry about going further for more HP. The HP rewards per Sub are the same for SCL 7-9.
  • Grabrube
    Grabrube Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I`m playing at SCL 7 too with my 3* roster and now some usable 4*. The level range 23-355 is misleading though. The notes highest level is 245 for me, including the 5* note, so the level difference between 6 to 7 are 25 levels only with a lot better rewards. 

If u can manage to beat level 6 or 5 u should really try 7 out. especially in goon heavy events.
  • Jwallyr
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. There are definitely a few goon-heavy events that would be good candidates (Dr. Strange is one of my higher level 3*s, so he chews through goons pretty effectively) and if the rewards increase without hitting that full 355 level... worth a thought.
  • TPF Alexis
    Looking at DPvMPQ right now, I think there might have been a typo or misreading there. I'm pretty sure that levels in SCL7 actually cap out at 255, not 355. I haven't actually paid attention to the listed levels in the signup menu for some time, tho, so don't take my word for it.
  • Jwallyr
    255 would be a pretty significant difference, and closer in line with the gradual increases up to that point. It would make the next jump up even harder, though, so I imagine 355 might be correct, but most events don't get that high? Hard to know.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    The level range in the SCL description includes the levels that get added each time you beat the node the first 4 times. I think the 5* essential in SCL7 does scale up to Level 355 at the max. 
  • TPF Alexis
    The level range in the SCL description includes the levels that get added each time you beat the node the first 4 times. I think the 5* essential in SCL7 does scale up to Level 355 at the max. 
    I've completed my initial four clears in DPvMPQ at SCL7, and I'm going up against Lvl245s in the 5* Essential next time.