Small Change — Big Thanks

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
Just want to tip my hat to the decision makers at D3 Go! and Oktagon who scaled back initial charges for RtO. 

Small changes like this make the game more fun and manageable for all play styles and levels.

Comments

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was just about to post this. 

Thank you Oktagon and D3! 
    Thank you for listening and for taking your players time and lives into consideration.
  • Bullvinne
    Bullvinne Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Here Here! Thanks Octagon!
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yep. Awesome.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This and I also like the 5-2-2 scoring .
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the changes to the charges!
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oktagon is listening! Love it! Love. It.
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hi, 

Want to second this! There were many changes recently that shows an open ear towards the public.

I also agree with @Matthew that the objectives still are contradictory to some of the bonuses, which would otherwise entice me to play more tribal, which is what you're trying to achieve I think. I also think no one loves the "win with 40 or less life", since it encourages all kinds of weird behavior.

The adjustment of the cards is also a very nice gesture, and one I think we didn't expect, as well as small things like new art.

Some notes for the future: 

- Create a clear policy for standard rotation
    - Communicate event objectives in advance of the event (and: show them in the "information" pane in the event itself in-game).

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    well done Octagon :)
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 797 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Options

I'm also very happy with the change in the initial charges, ESPECIALLY since this event is run during week(work)days. This event has turned from absolutely horrible into fun to play. One of the disadvantages in the objective changes is that there are a lot of ties for first place.

Thanks for listening!

Edit: I noticed that the final recharge still allows for only 6 hours to complete them. In my opinion that's not time zone independent and could be improved. Please add that to your list (*cough* together with bringing back rare rewards *cough*).

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nobody's going to mention the adapted matchmaking? At least I faced only appropriate decks, designed for the very node I was playing, so the tribal supports were actually useful(ish) for the ai. I like it.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nobody's going to mention the adapted matchmaking? At least I faced only appropriate decks, designed for the very node I was playing, so the tribal supports were actually useful(ish) for the ai. I like it.
    I noticed this. Also I was using Angrath on one node and even noticed that on top of that I still got level appropriate opponents since I don’t have the runes to level him entirely. That was a welcome fix. 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought the appropriate color matching was an excellent solution to the permanent colored support problem.  
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Honestly I didn't even notice it but that's cool. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Honestly I didn't even notice it but that's cool. 
    Thought so, too. This actually solved two problems at once - not only gave it a passive boost to all tribal decks, but it also made it impossible to face à creatureless white or black deck (you know.. Except for this cycling ****) on the green node