Webbed Wonder, no Howard covers ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
I was curious about the on going Webbed Wonder event, why they are no Howard the Duck covers as rewards or in the vault. I thought this event was the only time we could get his covers.

Any reply is appreciated!

Comments

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Usually the only Howard cover given comes as a mission reward from the last node on day 3.
  • Galactus_09
    Galactus_09 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Correct: now question is which colour we will get
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on the last few runs; it's random.  Though based on some posting I read this week, it seems like a lot of people keep drawing purple... 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on the last few runs; it's random.  Though based on some posting I read this week, it seems like a lot of people keep drawing purple... 
    Yeah, I think my Howard is up to 3/4/12 now. Ever since it became a random color every single Howard cover I have gotten has been purple. But maybe I get lucky this time.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really hoping I can finally get a blue this time around. He's getting worryingly close to 5/0/5.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I'm also hoping for blue.  The description makes it look so fun that I want to see the animation.
  • Kahmon
    Hoping for a green myself, but wish everyone could get the color they need. Howard would be a great test for colorless covers considering how slow it is to build him.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm also hoping for blue.  The description makes it look so fun that I want to see the animation.
    The animation for it is great. He's been an Essential once or twice since I started, so I got to see it then.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    it's purple. it's always purple. 
    it might claim it's random but my howard  is sitting at like 0/1/2309820983290832093820983209832 because it's always purple @_@

:/
  • Galactus_09
    zulux21 said:
    it might claim it's random but my howard  is sitting at like 0/1/2309820983290832093820983209832 because it's always purple @_@

If it is random it always brings useless one :D
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    zulux21 said:

Mine was green.
    Not that it matters, he's 289 now.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    I got blue, the only one I had 5 on , as you can’t get him any other way you should be able to trade the cover 

hope I get better luck next time 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I got blue!  And I immediately boosted blue and purple and teamed Howard with IM40 and 2* Magneto to make darn sure I could see that power's animation.  I love it.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Mine was blue.  I'm kinda hopeful that a lot have been getting purple but knowing my luck, it'll go back to blue when I get my Howard :(
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    I got blue, the only one I had 5 on , as you can’t get him any other way you should be able to trade the cover 

hope I get better luck next time 
    I posted this in another thread where a poster who got a 6th cover said he also thought they should swap Howard covers, and I think it’s worth repeating. 

I’m actually glad he’s not easier to get. Similar to Bag-Man I love the trophy characters that aren’t super good or essential but are just added bonuses if you get them. It’s one of the better things MPQ has done and makes for some fun “side quests”.  Letting you choose your own covers would severely limit that. It also takes away the joy of FINALLY getting that right cover and inching closer to maxing him. 

(I got a Purple btw)
  • Kahmon
    I got another stupid purple putting me at 1/4/5. I really hope I get a usable cover next run since I'll probably spend the cp to cover him if I wind up with a 6th of something on the vine.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Finally a blue!  Now, Howard's 2/4/1!
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    zulux21 said:

The only non purple howard cover I got, I got from placement when he released lol. I've never seen any other cover :/

I mean... on the plus side that is the only cover I need for his deadpool challenge if it happens but still.
  • Galactus_09
    zulux21 said:
    zulux21 said:

The only non purple howard cover I got, I got from placement when he released lol. I've never seen any other cover :/

I mean... on the plus side that is the only cover I need for his deadpool challenge if it happens but still.
    I also got purple. Which i have, suprisingly, 5 allready.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine has been building pretty nicely. I did, also, pull a purple, but that made him 2/4/4. So, I still have at least one more run of WW without worrying about wasting a cover