S.H.I.E.L.D Simulator

talleman
talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
Havent really paid attention to the simulator before but now with a more exiting roster i would like to try to get the 4* reward at 2000 points. Is there some tactics that i should try to follow or is there just pure grinding? Im currently at 700 points with 20 days left of the season. Should i slow down to not loose points or should i just continue and play as much as possible every day? Every helpfull tips is much appriciated:)

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Where is your roster? Are you in 3* land, or transitioning to 4*s?

There are probably as many strategies as there are players, so it will depend what you're happy doing.

Personally I like to do an initial climb to around where you are, and float there for a while. I take some hits, make some hits, try out a few different teams, but mostly take it easy. Two weeks from the end, I climb a bit higher, maybe to 1200 or so. Then I make the final push about a week out, hit 2000 and then free-fall. I'm a 4* transitioner, with 15 champs. That said, I used more or less the same strategy in 3* land.

Try to hit as few people as possible, though. Fewer fights means fewer healthpacks used, and fewer retal nodes you'll appear on. Unless you can't avoid it, try not to hit anyone worth less than 38 points, otherwise you're hitting people with lower scores than you and you'll be too tempting to resist in retal.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    granne said:
    Where is your roster? Are you in 3* land, or transitioning to 4*s?

There are probably as many strategies as there are players, so it will depend what you're happy doing.

Personally I like to do an initial climb to around where you are, and float there for a while. I take some hits, make some hits, try out a few different teams, but mostly take it easy. Two weeks from the end, I climb a bit higher, maybe to 1200 or so. Then I make the final push about a week out, hit 2000 and then free-fall. I'm a 4* transitioner, with 15 champs. That said, I used more or less the same strategy in 3* land.

Try to hit as few people as possible, though. Fewer fights means fewer healthpacks used, and fewer retal nodes you'll appear on. Unless you can't avoid it, try not to hit anyone worth less than 38 points, otherwise you're hitting people with lower scores than you and you'll be too tempting to resist in retal.
    Im transitioning to 4*. Im at early stage tho with only 1 champ (C4rol) and about 5-6 with over 10 covers. Mostly use C4rol (273) - Medusa (213) - Bl4de (229).
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Some tips

0. Players generate point by hitting each other The losing player loses points less than the winner gains from the match. Until the losing player has point close to 2k. This mean the later into the season, the more point available overall.

1. A long time ago when I was a 3*->4* transitioner, people told me to do 100 pts per day (not counting loses) and push to 2k during the last week. I think you have enough roster strength to hit 2k, but it may not be like a straight easy path.

2. Don't feel bad if you climb to 1900 and got smacked down. Try again next day, or the day following.

3. The current meta or it could be just a fall out from the vaulting that many people have some health pack drainers 4* around. So plan your climb/push carefully. I would recommend doing SIM when you have nothing else to do or want to keep the health pack regenerating.

4. Don't feel alarmed if you see some weird team in SIM. Some people (like me) may like to try new teams there just for fun or just to try out new combo. Some may do a trap-cake style by leaving out an easy team for juicy retal to farm ISO.

5. SIM lasts for the whole season. You will get hit.

Hope this helps.
  • Mines
    Mines Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Aa25 could u plz elaborate on number 4 for me? Trap-cake to farm ISO? Interested in a new way to farm ISO lol I'm in 3* land not a lot championed yet 12-15 of them or so but need ISO to get the rest up
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mines said:
    Aa25 could u plz elaborate on number 4 for me? Trap-cake to farm ISO? Interested in a new way to farm ISO lol I'm in 3* land not a lot championed yet 12-15 of them or so but need ISO to get the rest up
    A cake team is a team you deliberately put out to be easy to beat for others. A trap cake is when you put out a weak team to attract weaker players, then hit the retaliations with a stronger team. The more games you play, the more ISO you get, and the retaliations may be easier than anything you get matched against normally.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you actually have to win with that team to be the team that's "out," or do you just need to complete a match? I've been hearing it's the last team you won with, but i'm not sure that's the case

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You need to win. But you also generally have to lead off with the trap/cake team because the game won't let you win with a considerably weaker team and have that team be out on defense.

So, for example, if you win a match with a champed 4-star team and then win a match with a champed 2-star team after, your defensive team will remain the stronger of the two (the 4-star team).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    oh weird. Does it use the team you had last in any mode ie is the the team you used last in Story the team that shows up for people in Versus? how do you pick what Team Up is attached to your defense team? Is it arbitrarily chosen by the game?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It will only look at teams you used in that event, so anything you do in another PvP event or over on the PvE side won't affect your defensive team.

As for team-ups... I'm not sure but I think it draws one from your pool of team-ups at random. It may even equalize the team-up's level. Someone more knowledgeable can answer that.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    some people start sim immediately and get the seed teams. hit them with 1 or 2* teams and wait for retals. basically slowly move up their rosters fighting easy retals until they have to use their 5* team to finish. it allows you to use all your weaker roster and not have to worry about health packs as much and you are gaining iso.