4* Carol

cgrubb80
cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
I have three champed 4*s now, one being Carol the other two being Power Man Cage and Gwen.  I am running Carol with Strange and Cap?  Which 3*s would make a better team for her or leave this team alone?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carol loved anyone who makes countdowns or special tiles. She can make them herself, of course, but she is much more effective when someone else does the same thing too.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try her with Daken and Loki. Match some green so Daken makes strike tiles, wait for the AI to inevitably make a match-4 so Loki creates a bunch of countdowns, then Carol will use those countdowns to buff all of Daken's strike tiles. Then you win.

IM40 and Hawkeye also make cheap countdowns. Hulk makes free countdowns and works well against Grocket teams.

Psylocke makes strikes, as does Bullseye, Iron Fist, R&G, Gamora, Black Panther, and Patch.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Try her with Daken and Loki. Match some green so Daken makes strike tiles, wait for the AI to inevitably make a match-4 so Loki creates a bunch of countdowns, then Carol will use those countdowns to buff all of Daken's strike tiles. Then you win.
    I've also seen this done with Iron Fist instead of Daken. If his Attack tile ends up somewhere hard for the enemy to match, it can get ludicrously strong very fast.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
       My absolute favorite team when I just had C4rol as a 4* champ was her with IF3 and C3ge.  You can set C3ge to 5/5/3 but he's mostly there to save you lots of healthpacks from match damage.  Try to get 10 purple and see if you can get 12 black before shooting the second purple (fire IF3s green also, if possible) and then get C4rols nuke out.  If you can collect a lot of yellow, C3ges yellow can hit pretty hard as well at 5.  Definitely not always the fastest team but depending on how IF3s purple lands, you can get lots of black for C4rols nuke fairly quickly.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu said:
    I've also seen this done with Iron Fist instead of Daken. If his Attack tile ends up somewhere hard for the enemy to match, it can get ludicrously strong very fast.
    Iron Fist might even be a better option here. He can make black for Carol and gives you an active green over Daken's active blue, which isn't very desirable since it removes strikes from the board.
  • Dormammu
    It just occurred to me that a great Combined Arms team would be Carol(4), Loki(3), and Daken(2). How have I never tried this? 
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
      Along those lines, I'm sure it's dependent on the board you get, but I suppose you could also use C4rol, Bl3de, and Loki.  Whenever I play with Daken I always, always get a board with no green in sight; however when I play against Daken....well you can guess what the board looks like :/ .
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    C4rol, Hawkguy, and Falcon is also pretty fun.

Can't match Redwing? That's ok. Prefer strikes over protects? I've got great news. Like getting your tiles buffed? Well now you have TWO ways of doing it!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron Fist is a must because of the black spamming to fuel Carol's awesome nuke.

Try Switch as a third.  You can use Carol's cheap Yellow to set off the purple bomb which again can be used to buff and fuel more Carol strikes.

It's **** for color coverage (missing Red, Blue and the active greens are weak) but seems really fun.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Hawk guy
  • Anon
    She works very well with War Machine as well.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Sentry is comedy gold to run with C4rol, as long as you don't care if nobody comes out the other side of the match #YOLO
    Everything about this post is beautiful. Even down to the hash tag. 

You are a gentleman and a scholar, good sir. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sentry is comedy gold to run with C4rol, as long as you don't care if nobody comes out the other side of the match #YOLO
    Second this! I pulled off a World Rupture with a Sacrifice Strike tile on the board.  It was beautiful!

Dormammu said:
    It just occurred to me that a great Combined Arms team would be Carol(4), Loki(3), and Daken(2). How have I never tried this? 
    I ran Carol/Sentry/Daken a few times.  I figured I had way too many health packs anyway...
  • Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    No one's talking about Beast! Popping Mutagenic Breakthrough Countdowns w/Executive Decision is the best thing that has every happened to that character.

I usually run him with Carol & Coulson for more countdown mayhem, but if we're sticking to 3* partners I would say try it with 3* Gambit 5/5/3 to get more countdowns out of his purple...

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sentry, Loki, Captain America, Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Vision, IM-40, Beast, Thanos.

C4rol and the required, then pick one who ever fills in your rainbow.

Goons fear C4rol, Cap A, and St4r Lord.  Depending on your builds a few partial 4* may pull enough weight as well.
  • Anon
    I would add Bl3de. He might not be flashy, but man do those strikes and attack tiles get the job done. Also AP drain isn't a bad thing either.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    I would add Bl3de. He might not be flashy, but man do those strikes and attack tiles get the job done. Also AP drain isn't a bad thing either.
    He's not as good as he was before Repeater tiles, but yeah, he's still a very solid partner there.

He can also be a good match with a Required character who makes relatively weak strikes (Valkyrie, Daken, etc) since his purple only cares about how many Strikes you have out, not how strong they are
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Has anyone tried C4rol with Wasp? My Wasp isn't fully covered, but she can cheaply create her own strike tile - & then with her blue you get a 1-turn countdown each turn for C4rol to boost? Does this work?

C4rol/Wasp/4* Grocket?
    C4rol/Wasp/Medusa?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Banjo said:
    Has anyone tried C4rol with Wasp? My Wasp isn't fully covered, but she can cheaply create her own strike tile - & then with her blue you get a 1-turn countdown each turn for C4rol to boost? Does this work?

C4rol/Wasp/4* Grocket?
    C4rol/Wasp/Medusa?

It's a very effective combo, yes. Aside from the fact that they both have Actives in the same colors, but it's still workable.