Question on Chavez

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
Is Chavez worth using if I'd only pair her with other 4s ?

I've leveled the most essential 4s and trying to decide if Chavez is worth working on next, if I'd only use her with other 4s. I know shes great with 5s because of their match damage. I have all the 5s but none with more than than 7 or so covers like Iron Man, Thanos, Panther, OML, not sure if Chavez is worth using with those 5s.

If I champ Chavez my other 4s will all be higher levels so seems like her red might be useless, if they all have higher match values in her colors. Although I read in her thread about her having like a %10 boost in her colors over other 4s, so wasn't sure after reading that how she'd fair with other 4s who overlap her colors. Was hoping to get some opinions from some of you that used her with just 4s and 5s.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do much the same. She's also great with characters like Vulture, who's Airborne most of the time, so Chavez tanks more colours.

Even if she's not tanking much, her green and (to a lesser extent) yellow are still good powers. Who doesn't like free Crit tiles and extra damage just for doing things you were planning on doing anyhow?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is only (1/2/5) lvl 131 right now, and she is still a huge force multiplier. I like running her with my (2/1/3) 5* Lord/4ocket team, and as previously said she is already superior to Strang3 or Medusa for me. Ideally chase a match-4 early with a team that hasn't got a battery to get a jump on things. 

I know your question was about an all-4* team; she is pretty great to run with Nightcrawler, since he is an AP factory, and then if you have Vulture doing the heavy lifting on AoE damage, you can make pretty short work of most teams i think.

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    She is solid either way.  She just really shines with the 5's due to the crit tile she generates ever turn she is a great support so you need to bring other people to do the quick damage since you will not be doing quite as much crit damage with a 4 star team.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Even though you won't get the massive match damage you get with 5*, you're still getting decent damage, plus the crits often result in "free" board shake/cascades that ultimately lead to much faster AP gain. Once she is rolling she will accelerate just about any team.