What's everyone's favorite Ultron Boss team?

2»

Comments

• shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    I was using C4rol, Rogue and XFDP but traded C4rol out for IMHB and his much higher health (and level in my case as its a 20 level difference in favor of Iron Man) starting from Round 7. Rogue is a godsend here.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I’ve been crushing it with C4rol, C&D and Riri.  Been using Riri’s red after C4rol’s black to finish him off.  Her blue comes in handy here.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alliance mate pointed out how crazy Chavez is in this event, even unboosted, as it is easy to outpace Ultron on AP gen and spam crits. 

I paired her with Rogue and Carol. Rogue siphons black and makes it easy to get Carols nuke off, plus Rogue has her own nuke and her red can clear out a block of bombs in a pinch. Not only has it been my most efffective team but it’s the fastest too. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulkbuster. When you need to do a tinkykitty-load of damage to one guy, accept no substitutes.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    America, R4G, 5tarlord with +1 ap stockpiles.

The damage output is insane.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Been using C4rol, C&D and America. Ultron takes so much damage from America's crit generation and C4rol finishes him off by popping her black cooldown. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I used Carol/C&D/OML in round 7/8.  Boosted Carol can basically win by herself.  C&D just helps generate black for Carol.  OML provides 5* match damage, and a damage sponge for any random matches.

OML/Carol also works great on the side nodes, so there’s less character swapping.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Any 5* plus America 5 green equals easy win. I think 2 bombs went off and that was because if Gambit board skake.
  • K1NGY
    K1NGY Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I used Charlie’s angels and had some pretty good success rates. Didn’t win them all but that’s no fun hmm actually yes it would have been. Anyhow all in all our alliance did an excellent job and achieved full progression yesterday. Way to go Deadpvepool911. You guys rock. I love this event. Hint hint. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    C4rol, C&D and Banner (quick, but a bit risky) or IW, Bolt and Banner (invisibility all the way).

And yes, I add Banner every time, as long as I keep 9 green AP, he's unkillable and saved my bacon twice by taking down Ultron by himself.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    3* Iron Fist, Quicksilver and Vision. Visions blue keep the match damage high, Iron Fist generate black tiles that feeds Quicksilver's black power that makes me able to switch tile positions and prevent Ultron's Bombs to reach the bottom. Never lost with this team.
  • MoTiV
    MoTiV Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I used c4rol, de4dpool and C&D. C&D speeds up c4rol's black and helps de4dpool's purple because ultrons strongest color is black. Never lost but I did use color boosts in later rounds to move things along.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulkbuster at 5/3/5 to maximize his red generation. 3-star Cyclops at 3/5/5 for even more red generation, and take your pick:
    • Carol (Why Hulkbuster's Black is at 3)
    • Quicksilver (Tile movement)
    • 3-star Iron Fist (More black!)
    • Nightcrawler (BAMF!)
    • 5-star Jean Grey (Did I mention more red generation)
    A particularly fun one was Nightcrawler.  Firing off Cyclops yellow, Hulkbuster's blue, and then Nightcrawler's Purple got me 23 red in one turn.  At 1500 an AP, it took down Ultron rather easily.  This was "Get lots of Red for Hulkbuster and Black for Carol.  Use the abilities.  Down the robot."

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was mostly using Rogue, Captain Marvel, and Cloak & Dagger.  Try to get 5 green at the start to cast Power Siphon, and then use C&D to help collect black.  If I couldn't get enough green, I had Captain Marvel's black as a fallback.

Up until round 7 Power Siphon would one-shot Ultron, so the self damage wouldn't occur.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Made it with full 3* team. GSBW and Cap for board control. IM40 for AP generation and finisher. It was enough even against last wave, so I didn't tried any stronger 4* related team.
  • ScottieJoJo
    ScottieJoJo Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    I hit progression with Rogue, GSBW and IM40. My strategy was to get yellow ASAP (to get IM40 going), and if no yellow matches were available, to get red ASAP. Red would allow either Rogue or GSBW to take care of any bombs if they made their way down before I was ready. Once I had a good amount of red (and would have enough green for Rogue via IM40 usually), I would focus on black and purple. GSBW purple was another way to take out stray bombs by making a match 4 of green towards them. If I had to sacrifice anyone (when he was super high level), I would let IM40 die first since he had gotten his yellow off 1-2 times by now, and then Rogue if I was desperate. Once GSBW gets going she kicks ****. I would even use her green if I had extra AP to take out a lot of bombs too.