2* heroes close to 144

cschwinge
cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
So I've got about 5 heroes that are 140 or 141, and a few more on the way. I've started a duplicate for 3 of them, but I'm out of roster slots at that point, and only earning about 1 slots/week. Those are sometimes taken up by the random 4* from a heroic or SLC7 progression reward. I could stop opening Heroics for a bit (yuck). I'm down to 2 1*.

What are good strategies for managing the recycling of 2*? 

For reference, I have about 10 champed 3* and a lot of low-cover 4*. So I rely on the 2*'s to help me through some of the 2/3/4* Deadpools

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't bother with dupes for them at your point in the game, except for maybe one or two who you can rely on to do the heavy lifting in DDQ. Storm and Magneto would be my choice here.

Other than that, just sell them as soon as you get an extra cover after they hit 144 and re-roster in the same slot. Eventually, they'll start to get out of sync, and you won't have to worry, because you'll always have at least a few in the 120-140 range where they can easily handle DDQ.

The biggest thing is to make sure that you always have them on hand for PvE Required Missions, but depending on the SCL you're playing at, it should often be possible to handle those with two champed 3* and even a single cover on the Required character.

I never made dupes when I was at your level, and I think I only ever wasted maybe 1 Storm and 2 Captain America covers. Never had a problem with DDQ, either. I still only do them occasionally, like when MNMags recently hit 3/3/12.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    You could sell them after you hit 144 and have their cover(s) on the vine. The risk is that you might get bad RNG. For example, my 2* Hawkeye is 5/5/1 now and I've sold away 5 or 6 covers.

One strategy by one of the players I read is starting the duplicate when your championed hit around 130? It will reduce the amount of wastage.

Maybe you can post your rosters if you want more specific advices targeted at your situation?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, you've got one too many 1-stars on roster so there's a slot. You can always re-roster 1-stars later if its something that's useful to you. It's not like there's any shortage of those covers. Otherwise, dupe the 2-stars you use but don't dupe the ones you don't use daily. For those, when you hit 144, wait until you have at least one on the vine and sell/re-roster.
  • cschwinge
    cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, I'll just reserve a slot for Storm. My dup 2* hawkeye is now 6/1/0 and the main guy 142. So I'm going to try to keep dups for as many as possible, and rotate out guys that are getting a better balance of covers.

I hate wasting covers because of poor planning :smile:
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to be really anal about it. Whenever I sold a level 144 2-star I had another 13 cover dupe waiting to champ. Once champed, it would only get any 6th covers until my new dupe was complete at 13 covers and ready to take over. That way there was no possibility of a wasted 2-star cover and I always had a champed version for required nodes.

I got bored with farming though and hung-up my overalls. 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu's suggestion is probably the best one, but wow, it sounds like a lot of work!  :)

My take: I don't think you need to waste roster space with duplicates.

I start fresh as soon as a character at level 144 gets a new cover.  The highest ranked three are the three that I use in DDQ.  Sometimes the RNG is cruel - my current 2* Cap was at 5/5/0 for a stupidly long time, and I had to sell off six or seven more red or yellow covers before I got three blues - but it just means more Iso-9 if you can't use them.

The only 2*s I don't use are Ares and Daken, because I don't care for their 3* rewards.  However, of course I have a pile of covers for each on the vine just in case they're required for something.  If it looks like I'm not going to use the cover, I sell it for 250 Iso-9 a few hours before it vanishes.  If I do need them, I buy a roster slot, use them for the requirement, using as little Iso-9 as possible to make them useful for the requirement, and sell them.  Some new 4* will probably need the slot eventually.