Update to Drax's Champion Rewards (3/12/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Following Wednesday's (3/14) daily patch, the Champion Rewards for Drax (The Destroyer) will be updated to award Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2). Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) will be added to Drax's Champion Rewards, similarly to how they were added to the previous 4-Star characters.

The covers will be rewarded at the following Champion levels: 
  • Level 280: Yellow
  • Level 300: Purple
  • Level 320: Green
  • Level 340: Yellow
  • Level 350: Purple
  • Level 360: Green
If you'd like the champion reward breakdown, check out the original announcement here: Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards

In additions, players will be able to earn additional Drax covers by placing well in the current run of Hearts of Darkness or through progression rewards during the Webbed Wonder event that starts on Thursday (3/15).

Comments

• nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    R4G or Yondu might have been better choices. I don't see a lot of champed Drax out there. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh thank goodness it's not X-Force Wolvie giving out OML yet. I don't have the ISO to pour into him...

Good update. I don't have much for 5* Star Lord.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Yeah consolation prize status now. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    nycjonny said:
    R4G or Yondu might have been better choices. I don't see a lot of champed Drax out there. 
    That seems to be by design when you consider who they've picked as feeders recently: Sandman, Kingpin and now Drax...   not very popular characters.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    This makes sense. They are just saving you from leveling classics, you know the garbage ones no one wants....
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Dang. I predicted this when I saw Drax as the reward for Hearts of Darkness, given the time frame of feeder announcements. It's a) stupid that they picked Drax instead of 4SL, and b) double stupid that it's a 4* that is unpopular and likely not well leveled thanks to the old vaulting.

You guys really need to speed up the process of the 5* feeders, at least to catch up to all the classics before slowing down to allow for latests to stay unique for a while. And on top of that you really need to work on updating the 3 to 4* champ rewards too... 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Facade of progress strikes again. Are 5 star feeders now just a different form of shield training? Sure looks like it.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    My 272 Drax and 0/1/3 SL don't care for this.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    STOPTHIS said:

3* Starlord and 3* Gamora reward 4* Starlord who rewards no one.
    3* Rocket and Groot reward 4* Drax who rewards 5* Starlord.
    No one rewards 4* Gamora who rewards 5* Thanos.
    No one rewards 4* Rocket and Groot.
    And 3* Thanos rewards Spider-Woman.
    I was feeling neutral about this until you laid it out this way, but now it just feels weird.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    LOL. So let me get this straight.  4* SL doesn’t feed 5* SL.  Man this make no sense at all.  Do you just pull names out of a hat for this?  
    Acting like decisions you don't like must have been randomly pulled out of a hat is obnoxious.
    I think he’s pointing out the fact that Starlord does not reward Starlord. If I were to devise a logical feeder for 5* Starlord it would be....4* Starlord. Or it might be Gamora, his love interest. Or Yondu his father figure. 

Drax has a connection to Starlord, but less than the others. He should feed 5* Mantis or Ronin. Something like that.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they make a change to the 3* champ rewards and stop double rewarding 4SL from Gamora and 3SL, maybe this will make more sense. On the other hand, it would be hard(er) to get Drax covers without a feeder, so does that mean that 3RG will keep feeding Drax instead of the more logical 4RG?
  • nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    why can't people just comment without others jumping all over them. chill. 
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Personally, I'm not surprised it's Drax. I think it's by design - make the feeders a less used/champed character to make people decide to put resources into them, thus making them think of spending more when their resources are depleted. It's a sound business decision, albeit a (probably) more unpopular one.

Eventually 4*SL will give 5*SL covers...probably...maybe...but not yet.
  • Seantw05
    Seantw05 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    JHawkInc said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    JHawkInc said:
    LOL. So let me get this straight.  4* SL doesn’t feed 5* SL.  Man this make no sense at all.  Do you just pull names out of a hat for this?  
    Acting like decisions you don't like must have been randomly pulled out of a hat is obnoxious.
    I think he’s pointing out the fact that Starlord does not reward Starlord. If I were to devise a logical feeder for 5* Starlord it would be....4* Starlord. Or it might be Gamora, his love interest. Or Yondu his father figure. 

Drax has a connection to Starlord, but less than the others. He should feed 5* Mantis or Ronin. Something like that.
    Contrary to the popular belief of these forums, you can express an opinion without being toxic about it. Case in point, many others in this thread have done just that. I get the overall sentiment, but it can be expressed in a constructive manner, and being hateful and mocking isn't necessary to get your point across.

Besides, it's silly to get up in arms about. The update says "Drax will give 5* Star Lord covers" not "Drax will give 5* Star Lord covers and 4* Star Lord will never ever ever ever ever get to do that." 4*s greatly outnumber 5*s, it would be plenty easy for them to have more than one 4* that feeds any given 5*, and it makes sense to rotate those out over time. There is no 5* Mantis or Ronin, and making Drax more useful by letting him grant Star Lord covers isn't a bad thing. Further, there's absolutely nothing stopping them from having Drax feed Captain America, and making Spider-Woman feed Star Lord instead (and I bet we'll have weird matchups like that before all is said and done, it won't all line up 100% perfect), so getting bent out of shape when the devs try to make a thematic link and don't do the one you want is silly.

So when the devs say "We're changing things so that you get FREE 5* COVERS!" and people go "UGH, not 4* Star Lord? Do you even know what you're doing?" the ungrateful childish whining irks me a little bit.
    Talk about an overreaction. 

And they arent free 5* covers. They’re earned by building your roster and placing at the top of brackets like zerokarma. This was a poor decision on multiple levels. Maybe lesser rosters and players have different attitudes because it doesn’t make a difference to them one way or another