Smartphone visuals for steam users

Hi guys,

please get rid of this quickly. This might actually be a quitting reason for me. I now have to scroll through three to four pages worth of tiny character cards (really tiny on a computer screen, fills only a third of the monitor, looks totally wonky), just to add covers! And Ive gotta do that for each character now? How is this better than what we had before? Hate smartphones, so anything reminding me of having to click on tiny icons is a huge turn-off. Love the game otherwise, but this extra time-consuming change is annoying.

Kind regards
Tagged:

Comments

• RevRagnarok
    RevRagnarok Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Yes, I complained on Reddit and was told that the release notes say they needed to converge for some new feature coming up. I sure hope it's worth it, because this is horrible!
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Agree. This is terrible. Horrible, horrible user experience.
  • Rock2000
    Rock2000 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Wow, for sure this unacceptable. I don't think I'll keep playing either. Not with that UI. How can any feature require a certain UI layout? It's just UI, not the main game screen. Doesn't make any sense. Just smells like minimizing development cost, but I hope they factored in the loss in players from it.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    In what universe is this even remotely acceptable? Way harder to view the information. Way harder to update the information. Everyone who paid money for this experience should be pretty upset about having it degraded.

If using mobile screens is non-negotiable from your POV, then at least try combining multiple such views into one, and combining some functionality. With just a little bit of design, the power descriptions and upgrades could be on a single screen per-power (which also helps mobile), and we can fit three of them side-by-side on desktop, so we could at least access all of our character's powers at once. Then everything else can fit on a second set of three screens. Not as good as before, but not as disastrous as it is now.
  • Cleatus
    Cleatus Posts: 3
    Please change this back quickly!   It's practically nauseating to look at.   Not to mention the extra clicks.   

I've invested too much time and money in this game, please don't encourage me stop playing because you've decided to downgrade the visual design for no apparent reason.
  • Gognar
    Gognar Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Yes ! Awful for steam users ! Do something please !
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    Agree, this is such a bad design.   If people wanted to play the mobile version, they'd play it on a mobile device.  What was one screen now takes 6+ screens?   If I upgrade a hero's power with a new cover, I then have to leave and return in order to actually level them up.  Why?   I saw the announcement that this was for "major game update", but who is it making things easier for: the developers, or the consumers?   Look at what happened to Gazillion's "Marvel Heroes Omega";  they tried making the PC and console versiosn the same in order to "streamline" development, and lost a LOT of players as a result of the changes.  Players like what they already have.  I've only been playing MPQ a couple months, but this kind of change isn't encouraging.  Hopefully the devs take player feedback into account.
  • Kailen
    Kailen Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Please get rid of this awful design choice.  Whatever this upcoming change is, you can adapt it to the previous UI.  Having the game suddenly drop to a tiny window within a window is completely unnecessary and jarring.  This makes your game look like an awful, shoddy, unprofessional port job.  Get rid of it.
  • Green83
    Green83 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    signed into the forums for the first time in years just to second this. This is horrible and makes me want to quit the game.