4* DDQ: Gwenpool vs. Moon Knight

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
I actually wiped my first try with my 5/3/5 Level 283 Gwenpool. The very first match I was able to match my gun tile, so the race for green was on. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to all the black Moonie was matching and he KOed me with one punch. 

Second match, he cascaded into black early and hit me again, but it wasn't enough to take me out. I got enough purple to destroy a random column, which put us back on even footing. I ended up getting enough green and matching my gun tile and it was all over. Finished with 2962 health, token to the hoard. 

There's quite a bit of health disparity between these two, but they're mirrored in terms of colors. So going after your colors denies him at the same time. Just keep an eye on the black he's matching, and definitely keep him from getting green. 

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wiped first time on 5/3/5 289 also.  Moon Knights green is so powerful.

On second attempt I focused less on trying to get my AP and instead on keeping him from getting Green & Black.  Cleared it on that second try.

+1 to hoard
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    2/2/4 level 168. Gwen Pool may be my least covered classic 4* in the time since her last crash, I only gained one cover compared to about 6 for her Spider. Remembered this being tough but never feeling impossible, and that still was the case. Two skills that one-shot me is a tough task to overcome.

Gave about a half dozen tries with only G/B AP boost, but could never get to the 20 green I needed to blast a double gun. Bumped up my boosts to all AP and G/B AP plus the G/B damage boost for the next attempts. On the second try, I was accumulating enough purple to make up for only firing the gun once and got the mission completed with a MK match-3 to spare in either color.

Things are looking good for my first classics Crash sweep.

Starting a hoard (1) for JJ, not to mention champing Rogue left my ISO reserves completely empty.

• Zen
    Zen Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    My Gwen is also 289 5/3/5.

I was fortunate to beat him 1st try. He got first blood with his Fist Of Khonshu. I managed to get enough green saved ready to fire Deus Ex Machina as soon as i matched my gun tile. Luckily when I matched the gun tile it was in a match 5 so I could fire my green that turn, otherwise it was game over has he had another Fist Of Khonshu lined up.

Token got me a red cover for 5* Thor taking him to 5/3/3
  • Galactus_09
    Galactus_09 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Downed him in fisrt attempt. Getting just green, waiting for deux machina. Survive one his fist and then shot him down easily
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    This crash was actually a tough one! Moon Knight has won twice against my lvl 308 Gwenpool. On 1st attempt he fell into massive green cascade and downed my Gwen instantly with his blades. One 2nd attempt I was close to beat him, but he knocked me out with his fist before I could use Chekov´s gun. On 3rd attempt I was supposed to lose again (I had 800 health points left), but I was finally able to shot with Gwen´s gun.

Token to the hoard.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Gwenpool's champed at 273 (3/5/5) so this was just me getting 10 green and then gunning him down. Went by too fast to really comment but knowing Moonknight, if he gets any good cascades you could just be straight dead. Keep purple open and let him go crazy with it while you match the Greens.

Agent Coulson champ level.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Level 147 Gwenpool at 4/1/5 took 4 try’s finally managed to fire sploits 1,4,9 and green before he could fire green or black.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Level 127 3/5/5 Gwen with green / rainbow / crit boosts took 3 tries before RNG stopped giving him cascades of green and black to wipe me out with. Once that happened, I was able to deny him any AP and lay a hefty green smackdown on him.

Token was a Gamora blue to put her ahead of Coulson as my highest Champ-leveled 4*.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gun tile ended up in the corner... so I used the SPLOITS cheat sheet for the first time to destroy it. I didn't quite have enough green AP to use it right away, but her blkc bought me enough time to fire off the gun.
    Token yielded a black Kraven cover. Useable but not terribly exciting.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    4/4/5 lv. 292

Pretty simple: Gun, greens, gone. He gathered enough black to hit me with fist for about half my hps, but 1 blast from me took out all of his.

Token to the hoard
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    146 5/3/5 Gwenpool got him first try.

I gunned for Purple and Green after matching Chekovs Gun and denied black whenever possible. Eventually fired Purple, the Cascade gave me even Green for Gwen to go pow pow and Marc was dead. Pretty easy actually. She might have just moved up my champ list. That Green is strong.

LT gave me a Red Nightcrawler cover. Yay, he's 1/4/5  :|
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was the first Crash I ever won, back before Gwen was even Champed, so I was pretty confident. And it was not misplaced. First try with my 5/3/5 Lvl274. Amusingly, I matched my gun tile with the very first move, but never got enough green to actually fire it. Pretty terrible board for both of us, spent most of the time nickel-and-diming each other with red and blue, but I pulled together enough purple for a random column, then that cascade gave me enough for another and it was all over. He never fired a power.

Token waiting for Jessica Jones.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Won this with 5/5/2 lvl 120 Gwenpool (with boosts).

Prioritized Black over Green and Purple as even his black can one shot at that level and the Protect tiles are needed to mitigate match damage.

Won with 384 health and neither side having fired Green (yes, I was lucky) and Moon Knight being 1 AP from firing both Green and Black.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    150 3/5/4 Gwenpool.  Tried it without boosts, then tried it with a few boosts.  Nope and nope. Third time's a charm and also a busload of boosts. Used plot armor for protection, and then  chased green and purple, A few sploits and a well-timed Deus Ex Machina, LT to a hoard for Jessica Jones.
  • K1NGY
    K1NGY Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    0/2/2 no chance at all. Will be my 1st unachievable LT Node in quite some time. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 271 5/3/5 Gwenpool managed to outrace Moon Knight in the damage output department to win first time out. He is such a dangerous opponent though.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    5/1/5 Level 70 Got dropped in three matches. He got that extra Purple Damage. 
    Then I dumped some Iso in to 185. Cascade into black, and he killed me turn two. 
    Third time the charm. Matched the gun instantly, and six swaps later I was shooting him in the face. 

For the hoard. 
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Oops, wrong Crash lol