Huatli, Warrior Poet: Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    I'm not a developer, so please consider the following comments as if I was a player providing feedback.

Instead of automatically creating a support that gives Dinosaurs Berserker, what if "Call Dinosaur" asks the player if they want to create the support or not?

If it's a scenario where an Enraged Dinosaur might help, then players can choose to create the support. If they'd rather the Dinosaurs hit their opponent's Planeswalker directly, then opt out of creating it. 

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    I'm not a developer, so please consider the following comments as if I was a player providing feedback.

Instead of automatically creating a support that gives Dinosaurs Berserker, what if "Call Dinosaur" asks the player if they want to create the support or not?

If it's a scenario where an Enraged Dinosaur might help, then players can choose to create the support. If they'd rather the Dinosaurs hit their opponent's Planeswalker directly, then opt out of creating it. 

This is an interesting suggestion -- I don't think we've ever seen the option to cast a support (they auto cast) with the exception of Cast Out -- and it could work -- except that if we say no, we are then paying 17 loyalty for a 4/4 token with trample -- which is really a first ability, 9 loyalty type thing. 

Since we already have an Enraged mechanic option with her ult (and if anyone hasn't played this ability yet, it's very fun, especially with Dowsing Dagger) -- maybe just taking the support away and making it 2 3/3 dino / trample tokens that stack with Regisaur Alpha's tokens would be cool. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I love her having her own special token mount it would help in many other cases if it stacked with Regisaurs...

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually... Ok, the basic code is in place from Melding. We already know one of the Lills can bring things back as Zombie and it adds Zombie to an existing stack if it's already there...

So how about adding to her token "This stacks with other Dinosaur tokens" (or use the word reinforces instead of stacks maybe), so if you have Regi's out and use this it becomes this but is reinforced the right mount of times and any new Regi token or reactivation of this reinforces it as well.

• Indymon
    Indymon Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2018
    Options
    She feels so far from being playable as good that I feel that it might be better to make her more playable as fun. Someone in my coalition suggested giving her a passive ability allowing dinosaurs of any color to be added to her deck. I like that a lot. Helps out otherwise unplayable dinos at the same time. 

Edit: I see that was mentioned above. I’m leaving this comment to add a stronger +1 to the idea. 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Her first should cost 6.  Her second should cost 12 and eliminate the berserker.  Her 3rd is just awful.
  • nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ultimate: reinforce each dinosaur you control and gain life equal to the number of dinosaurs you control times 4

call dinosaur should create 3 3/3 tokens with trample and nothing else
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Her problem is, she’s really not good at either aggro or control and her abilities don’t help with game objectives.  I don’t know how they can fix that.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    nerdstrap said:
    ultimate: reinforce each dinosaur you control and gain life equal to the number of dinosaurs you control times 4

call dinosaur should create 3 3/3 tokens with trample and nothing else
    well, maybe her ultimate should create an additional dino before your suggested ability goes off, in case all the dinos are killed by the time she reaches her ult.  This planeswalker really could use all the help it can get
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What also concerns me about this PW is that she doesn't provide much help in casting some of these high-costed dinosaurs. In order to get out, say, Gishath, you need some serious green ramp, or a PW that (like Arlinn Kord, Saheeli or Kiora) finds the creature and gives it some mana.

I think an ultimate that acted like a Dinosaur-only deploy would really make her potent.
  • asm0deus
    asm0deus Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Change her to a red-white-green walker. The best dino related cards are in green. The spell that fetches dinos to your hand is a green spell. Make her tri color. Please.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    asm0deus said:
    Change her to a red-white-green walker. The best dino related cards are in green. The spell that fetches dinos to your hand is a green spell. Make her tri color. Please.
    that's a good idea.  With her cruddy abilities, making her 3 color would be a nice counterbalance, though she'd be insane in legacy :o 
  • asm0deus
    asm0deus Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    asm0deus said:
    that's a good idea.  With her cruddy abilities, making her 3 color would be a nice counterbalance, though she'd be insane in legacy :o 
    Limiting her to 8/4/4 would be fair as well. And they could keep her mana gains the same. Tweak the abilities just a tad. Some good suggestions were already made in earlier posts.
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thuran said:
    so, how is the single 4/4 better than the two 3/3's?
    yeah, they went the wrong way with that in my opinion. a thing she has going for her is synergy, at least you could fashion some token deck with the Dino Tokens, but does anything else make a Sun Blessed Mount Token? I think a support with the same effects and keeping dino tokens would be better

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think there’s a bug in that the Sun Blessed Mount is a Dinosaur and a Token but doesn’t trigger the reinforce that the ability would imply. I thought you’d have an 8/8 out of the gate but you don’t. Minimally running the ability again should net a 12/12, but it apparently doesn’t. 
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Options

Krishna said:
    Thuran said:
    so, how is the single 4/4 better than the two 3/3's?
    yeah, they went the wrong way with that in my opinion. a thing she has going for her is synergy, at least you could fashion some token deck with the Dino Tokens, but does anything else make a Sun Blessed Mount Token? I think a support with the same effects and keeping dino tokens would be better

Wouldn't be that hard to make the final level of the ability still produce 3/3 tokens but also have a support that says "All your dino tokens get +1/+1 and an additional +1/+1 for each time they've been reinforced. Whenever a dino token enters the battlefield under your control, reinforce it." Then you just have 1 stack of dino tokens but they're effectively all 4/4 and you get the Sun-Blessed Mount ability. And you can get rid of the stupid, bad, 1-shield all-your-guys-get-berserker support while you're at it, and then at least that ability would be fixed. She'd still be terrible but at least she wouldn't be devoting 2/3rds of her creature slots to two stacks of incompatible dino tokens.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Matthew said:
    Given that there are I think only 4 cards that generate dino tokens, I find Huatli very underwhelming.
    Only two she can actually use. Raptor Hatchling, which you have to deal damage in order to get a token, and Regisaur Alpha, a mythic rare. So it really makes that token kind of useless to have in play.
  • dragonslayer
    dragonslayer Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    just remembered that chandra 1 2nd abilitie that cost 9 loyalty is almost the same of hualti's 3rd that cost 22
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just bought her and what can i say she is just worthless.  One of the weakeast Pw if not the weakeast., with really worthless abilities. I already regret buying her. 
    So do I.