How long can I sit on tokens and when should I open them?

renfox
renfox Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
edited March 2018 in Roster and Level Help
Hi gang, I'm a returning player and for the life of me, I can't remember if vault tokens or event specific draws have an expiration date. I'm also curious, what's the best strategy for opening them?  

My current roster has me going fine in PVE so I could just sit on them till I have all my 2 & 3* heroes champed. Ideas?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tokens don't have expiration dates, even the event-specific tokens. As for a strategy of when to use them, it's hard to say. Many different roster situations might dictate when and how you're opening tokens.

Usually the main factor is roster slots. If you have plenty of open slots (or the HP to buy more) there's no real reason to hoard tokens unless you're ready to make the jump to the 5-star tier and are hoarding CPs/LTs to try and fully cover 3 of the Latest Legends 5-stars. If you're starving for roster slots and are afraid of getting new covers for characters you can't roster yet, it's time to hoard so that you don't have to sell unusable covers for ISO.

You may sometimes want to hoard specific tokens, like Taco Tokens from DDQ for example, if you're hunting for one particular cover and are waiting for that cover to show up in one of the vaults.
  • renfox
    renfox Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Awesome. Thanks for all the great advice Dormammu. May the void bless you.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're welcome.

One more thing on this... it's also time to hoard if you have a bunch of 13 cover characters that you don't have enough ISO to champ. I'm in that boat right now. I have about ten 4-star covers who are ready to champ and waiting on ISO. If I get more of their covers, they'll just go to waste. So I hoard Legendary Tokens until I have enough ISO in the bank to champ a 4-star and then I can dip into the hoard. But if I hit a 14th cover, I champ that character, apply the cover as a champ level, and then go back to hoarding and building up my ISO reserves.