Power Gem Season Updates (3/5/18)

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    No Gambit tweak? (just by removing one of the AP he destroys, would make him far less powerful, and leave Gambit users still happy).

And so many 4s and a few 5s need improvements. AA and Hulk are quite lame. BSSP, Phoenix and OML are so updated they need a buff also to bring them to 2018. And I am not even talking about 4s. 

Disappointing.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I apologize for being negative but this is extremely disappointing. Much needed rebalances/ buff and nerfs are MIA. No news of new events like 4* pvps or better rewards. Most importantly gambit has not been addressed and another season of Gambit:PQ sounds horrifyingly boring and stale to me. I am sorry for slamming anyone here but I love the game & hate the lack of respect and updates I feel we deserve.  We deserve better.
    Jonny I feel you pain and agree with your sentiment.  I also don’t think your post deserved to be flagged.  I would also say the Ice and Will just came back to the dev team which means there are some things changing in people who are responsible for making the changes you are hoping for.  I think giving them one more season to get their feet under them and move is in the right direction can be worth the gambit slog.  Again I agree with your post, but would recommend patience for one more season.  Then feel free to blow your top at the devs.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Is it just me or does this seem like the calm before the storm?  I feel like right before major game changes the smaller changes get quite for a while as it's all hands on deck trying to tighten the bolts.  Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic...
    3 seasons of no reworks tho? Could be that they are focusing on other things, I mean they must be, but its almost negligence to go that long with no changes. I guess they did do a couple minor changes in R146. But I look forward to the offseason for the batch of heroic tokens and the character updates. They should do some sort of update just to keep players engaged. Not to mention the system reboot that we miss out on.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    PVP is always the same slog of the same match over and over. That's always been the case. Gambit nerf wouldn't change that... For those that don't have him, pull classics and cross your fingers! But the constant complaints about the game/devs/Gambit make me wonder why some of you all keep playing.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl said:
    Brigby said:
    *Please keep all comments civil and constructive. Thank you!

It's certainly apparent to us that Gambit (Classic)'s strength is one that's a hot-topic issue for players, and I can understand why seeing these sparse season updates can be frustrating. While I don't have any details to provide just yet, what I can say though is that it's reasonable to assume that development time usually devoted to working on season updates (character buffs, system reboot, etc etc.) has been allocated towards a different aspect of the game. Thank you all for being so patient.
    We understand that it takes time, its just that the Gambit situation requires IMMEDIATE attention, he literally breaks PVP and makes it UNENJOYABLE for a lot of people. PVP is a boring slog of the same match over and over.

May I suggest to make it a priority ASAP?

Developers: Unfortunately Gambit's usage is only at 9.99%, which is still under our nerf threshold of 10%. We'll continue to analyze his usage to maintain the balance of the characters. Check back next Season!

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

It's certainly apparent to us that Gambit (Classic)'s strength is one that's a hot-topic issue for players, and I can understand why seeing these sparse season updates can be frustrating. While I don't have any details to provide just yet, what I can say though is that it's reasonable to assume that development time usually devoted to working on season updates (character buffs, system reboot, etc etc.) has been allocated towards a different aspect of the game. Thank you all for being so patient.

Players think of updated win-based or hybrid pvp, pve season, more alliance events, updated pve reward structure, new pve system that gets rid of time slices, answer to tapping, training mode. Players get more character specific boosts they'll never use instead. "We worked super hard on this 3lektra boost, guys! You're welcome! Ok, team, let's start working on that boost for Vision now."
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

I concur.  That's a very interesting comment he had there.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they've been working on.

Also, Brigby, thanks for the communication - it's very helpful to know that the reason that character updates have been so sparse lately is because you've been working on something else.

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Brigby said:

Hot topic issue like tapping that’s now been on the table for a year?  This is classic no information acknowledgment we come to expect.  “Yes we know you’re not happy.  Yes, we’re aware, no we have nothing report.  Move along”

Also, I don’t think it’s reasonable to assume anything, that’s why we come to the forums; to get actual infomation, not assumptions.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Jexman said:
    Right. I'm getting the scent of the end, though.
    Yeah. IceIX is back because he's the only person who has really ever built a string rapport with the forum; ii imagine they've probably got him on a contract to handle the end of life project in the hopes that things won't get out of hand.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
     For those that don't have him, pull classics and cross your fingers! But the constant complaints about the game/devs/Gambit make me wonder why some of you all keep playing.
    Your joking right?

A 5* comes 15% of the time. There are more than 15 5* in classics so the odds to draw a Gambit are <1%.  That means 100 LT tokens to get 1 Gambit or roughly 1300 LT's to get a fully covered Gambit (if you get perfect draw but if you favorite him as your only 5* you will get a few extra covers to make up for fact perfect draw unlikely).

Even if you can manage to acquire enough CP for 2 LT's a day that's 650 days or almost 2 years to cover him. It's just not feasible for anyone who didn't cover him when he was in latest.

KGB
  • Noobulator
    edited March 2018
    KGB said:
     For those that don't have him, pull classics and cross your fingers! But the constant complaints about the game/devs/Gambit make me wonder why some of you all keep playing.
    Your joking right?

A 5* comes 15% of the time. There are more than 15 5* in classics so the odds to draw a Gambit are <1%.  That means 100 LT tokens to get 1 Gambit or roughly 1300 LT's to get a fully covered Gambit (if you get perfect draw but if you favorite him as your only 5* you will get a few extra covers to make up for fact perfect draw unlikely).

Even if you can manage to acquire enough CP for 2 LT's a day that's 650 days or almost 2 years to cover him. It's just not feasible for anyone who didn't cover him when he was in latest.

KGB
    I am serious, hope for the best. But to your point, everyone isn’t entitled to Gambit... look I don’t have Banner, it’s a constant reminder of how incomplete my roster is. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Your joking right?

KGB
    I am serious, hope for the best. But to your point, everyone isn’t entitled to Gambit... look I don’t have Banner, it’s a constant reminder of how incomplete my roster is. 

• Noobulator
    broll said:
    KGB said:
    Your joking right?

KGB

I covered cap and black bolt from classics but call me a troll! Just tired of the whining. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited March 2018
    LifeofAgony said:

Hot topic issue like tapping that’s now been on the table for a year?  This is classic no information acknowledgment we come to expect.  “Yes we know you’re not happy.  Yes, we’re aware, no we have nothing report.  Move along”

-snip-
    "Tapping" also sits alongside Gambit (Classic) in the category of "Things the development team would like to work on addressing, were it not for this other thing currently being worked on." It is definitely something the team is looking into:

Update: 
    The team is working on scheduling trial runs for some changes to Story Events that intend to address the issue of "Tapping." Once we have more information on these trial runs, we'll be sure to communicate this to players.
    ---------
    Jexman said:
    Right. I'm getting the scent of the end, though.
    Yeah. IceIX is back because he's the only person who has really ever built a string rapport with the forum; ii imagine they've probably got him on a contract to handle the end of life project in the hopes that things won't get out of hand.
    Rest assured, we do not have any plans to end the game. Yes, IceIX is back, however please note that he also stated in his thread:
    IceIX said:

While I'll certainly be poking my head in whenever I can, coming back has me with other responsibilities that aren't focused all-in on MPQ (or MtGPQ for that matter)