Power Gem Season Updates (3/5/18)

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only saving grace is ice is back so I am hoping they are looking to have him approve changes and he is getting re acquainted with the team and what they have been working on.  I know I am placing a lot of faith in Ice, but without faith I just have beer.  Eaither way I’m good.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit said:
    0_efx_0 said:
    Thanks, when does Thor5 leave latest legends?
    When the next 5* character (which should be the next release) enters latests, 2 weeks after their special token ends. So about a month from now?
    New release should be with the boss event this Thursday, store will probably run through next Monday (12th), which would put the next 5* rotating into tokens on the 26th. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    sinnerjfl said:
    Wow, still no rebalancing of Gambit...       very dissapointing.

No rebalances in general.. normally around this time of year we get a major new feature like DDQ, Championing, Vaulting.. something big has to be coming right?

Yeah, there's a new game mode being introduced where 5* Gambit is not allowed.

:edit: And Dazzler.

• Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    I apologize for being negative but this is extremely disappointing. Much needed rebalances/ buff and nerfs are MIA. No news of new events like 4* pvps or better rewards. Most importantly gambit has not been addressed and another season of Gambit:PQ sounds horrifyingly boring and stale to me. I am sorry for slamming anyone here but I love the game & hate the lack of respect and updates I feel we deserve.  We deserve better.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Hulk weeps for another month.
  • Jonny1Punch
    edited March 2018
    jackstar0 said:
    5* Hulk weeps for another month.

Agreed along with many other irrelevant and underpowered 5* who have been buried alive by gambit.  

kevmcg great post as well bro, completely agree with all of it.

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    sinnerjfl said:
    Wow, still no rebalancing of Gambit...       very dissapointing.
    You think they'd drop a nerf on a Monday? That's more of a Friday last minute revelation.

I'd also wait until Thursday/Friday to see if we get any rebalancing any way. Or anything else. Everyone else needs to relax..
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Why people keep asking for a Nerf is beyond my comprehension  :(
    Nerfs are the worst thing that could possibly happen to a favourite character (XFWolvie, OML, Thoress....anyone?)
    It is better to concentrate on buffing weaker characters in order to balance the gameplaying, isn't it?
    Beware of what you are asking for....you could be pleased  >:)
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Well... at least we get a new 4* or 5* every two weeks, so all is well in ISO-Shortageland. :-)
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    I prefer Buffs over Nerfs anytime
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Re: announcement timing. They always announce rebalances in the “Season Updates” threads.  Always. So no announcement means all characters stay the same for another month.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    All this talk every season about Gambit this and Gambit that makes me so happy I'm not in 5* land. I have 5 Championed 4*'s and almost all 5*'s soft capped at 270 just for match damage to complement my 4's. I'm having a blast on all aspects of the game. Just concentrating on championing more 4*'s and keeping up my 2* farm is good enough for me. I have Gambit by the way but don't need to use him when Vulture, Thanos, and Strange get the job done just fine. 
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    This is insulting.
  • Jonny1Punch
    This has gotten so ridiculously old and played out. He’s destroyed the game. Just Nerf gambit already and be way more careful with future releases. Maybe get playtesters or touch base with ppl who actually play the game and pvp before releasing a gamebreaking god. This will never die down. He’s THAT disruptive & unhealthy
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I get that total revamps can take time to review, but why can't we get simple changes like increasing the damage on X-Force Wolverine's green, or removing the ludicrous turn ending condition of Squirrel Girl's yellow?

It seems like there are a lot of similar examples which seem easy to implement, are often requested, and would likely upset no one. Demiurge obviously has the data to determine which characters need help, which makes the lack of changes seem very apathetic.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    It may be worth considering that work that is being done on new features or changes is invisible to us, until announced.  That work may be significant enough to delay character changes while it dominates the developers’ time.

But if that were the case, it would be nice if the developers acknowledged the frustration of the user base in some way instead of appearing to be disinterested in improving characters that are requested for change.