4* DDQ Thora vs Clone

Almost lost it with my lv 274 3/5/5 Thora.  Each of his first few turns he would get 3-4 cascades and was able to keep healing himself.  Luckily I was able to get blue matches, charge blue tiles and stun him 4-5 times during the fight.  I was down to around 1200 health while Rags was still around 10000.  But with multiple lost turns and being able to body check him and throw Mjolnir at him, I could wear him down.

LT was Red Drax  bringing him to 3/2/5

Comments

• TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Kicked his **** first try with lv94 5/0/4 +2 red/blue
    Battle started with a blue match 4 and was just filled with blue going forward. Rags chased red and fired it once, creating more blue tiles. 

He was pretty much trapped in perma-stun with an increasing number of charged tiles on the board that made it easy to refill blue and red. 

Killed him with a few smites that were boosted to dangerous damage levels thanks to the charged tiles. It definitely helped that he didn't go for yellow matches so the charged tiles remained on the board. 

Token to the hoard!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Pretty easy for my 5/3/5 Level 277. I think Rags fired Thunderclap once and that was it. I fired Power Surge once, then used the three turn stun to gather enough blue and stun him again. At that point, I decided to Smite him, which hit for just over 10K. I hit him with Striking Distance too, just because I could. A few more matches and one more Smite finished him off. Finished with 13411 health. Token to the hoard for right before GladiaThor leaves.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    B/c I never bothered to respec her after champing her.  Didn't even think to worry about how her specs were for this matchup
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had Thor maxed before Crash of the Titans was even a thing, so this has never been a problem for me. Wasn't this time either.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    140 3/1/5 Jane FosThor.  Had to boost her in the 2nd match because she got her **** kicked in the first.  Chased blue for stun and then smote him to pieces.

LT to start a hoard.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5 lv.280

Just went after red and blue mainly followed by green and yellow. Tried to wait on Smite until using something else first to create extra charged tiles. Won with about half health left.

Token to the hoard.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice and refreshing after two characters in a row who I have very poorly covered. It did take a while because he kept cascading into all the blue, healing himself and keeping me from stunning him, but the outcome was never in doubt.

Token was a Blade red, taking him to a frustrating 5/1/5.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    First go for my 3/3/5 lvl 209 Thor, no boosts

Token was a black Moon Knight for 4/3/5 now, so thats cool
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally got 13th (red) cover for her from HfH so went in with a 5/5/3 Thor at lvl 209 - unfortunately didn't have the iso to champ her so couldn't re-spec.

First try it was tight but Rags kept healing and I just couldn't get red, blue or yellow to finish him yet the board had so much green (I had like 23 green AP myself just coz there was nothing else to match). 2nd try Rags absolutely wiped the floor with Thor, it was a disaster - I was starting to regret spending the HP on the cover which didn't seem to be helping any. So third time I threw in a + 2 R/Y and + 2 B/P expecting another tough battle and all of a sudden it was an easy win. So I don't know whether it was just down to bad boards or 4* Thor needing a boost to get going.

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    L284 here, first try, but it took way too long because the board started bereft of red and just stayed that way the entire match. It took what felt like forever to finally Smite him to death.

Token to my mini hoard (12 now I think?) because I now have a 14th Agent Venom cover in queue (BH draw from a heroic!) and will need to champ him before that expires. I only need, uh, 20K ISO or something like that.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Took two tries for a 3/4/5 level 208. The first attempt was just an avalanche of green, and he kept getting the blue matches that dropped. I got off one stun, but just couldn't build up any red or blue AP in a pathetic showing. Try number two went much better and had little trouble chaining stuns for more AP than I knew what to do with.

1k ISO from a red War Machine. Really need to figure out self discipline and start a hoard.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Oy, now that she's gone in the comics, can we at least show her the proper respect and call her Thor? She earned it.

Anyway, 5/5/3, unboosted, made it on the first try despite making a couple of dumb moves that let Rags knock me down a lot further than he should have (I think I ended the fight with >250 health). The token got me a Wasp blue, which would be more exciting if she wasn't 0/4/1.
  • rocks52
    Sim Mayor said:
    Oy, now that she's gone in the comics, can we at least show her the proper respect and call her Thor? She earned it.

I'm not, because Thor is a God, not a Goddess.  Why can't Marvel create a Goddess who takes on the mantle of leader of the Gods?
  • Quebbster
    rocks52 said:
    Sim Mayor said:

I'm not, because Thor is a God, not a Goddess.  Why can't Marvel create a Goddess who takes on the mantle of leader of the Gods?

You mean like Thordis? http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/thordis.htm

I am of the opinion that a Norse thunder god with a hammer deserves to be called Thor regardless of gender. For all intents and purposes, Thor is Thor.

• Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Pretty interesting matchup, honestly. Rags helps build up the blues on the board while at the same time giving you even more charged tiles to nail him with but if he gets a decent cascade on green, you can end up feeling very hurt very quickly. Stalling with Power Surge to give yourself favorable matches while trying to leave as many green charged tiles seems to be the way to play this one. Ignore yellow when you can, it's far too overcosted to matter in this fight.

Level 213-2/4/5: Second try unboosted.
    Chaves Yellow.
  • rocks52
    Quebbster said:
    rocks52 said:
    Sim Mayor said:

I am of the opinion that a Norse thunder god with a hammer deserves to be called Thor regardless of gender. For all intents and purposes, Thor is Thor.

I disagree, because Thor is a being, not a position.  
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty easy fight for my 5/4/4 level 212 Thor. He gave me the clap once, but Power Surge followed by two Smites did the trick. My reward was a red Nightcrawler, bringing him up to a 1/3/2.
  • Quebbster
    rocks52 said:
    Quebbster said:
    rocks52 said:
    Sim Mayor said:

I disagree, because Thor is a being, not a position.  
    Can't it be both? Like, say, Caesar?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Thor is a being but he is also a concept associated with the magic of Mjolnir.

Thor retains his Asgardian strength and durability regardless of having his hammer but others who wield it gain these powers too. So it isn't just the powers Mjolnir grants (or allows Thor to channel) alone that are given to others, it is the whole package including powers unique to him. These powers have also been shown to exist within Thor and not the hammer itself, so the whole thing is a bit complex.

Odin originally created the enchantment to allow Thor to regain his godhood after learning humility but made the enchantment open ended i.e. anybody who could lift the hammer would get the power. So following that concept, it seems that if you wield Mjolnir you are "Thor". Odin did this either because he didn't think anybody else would ever be worthy or as a way for there always to be a "Thor" if the original was lost.

However there are exceptions to this. Odin who in the past could also lift the hammer did not become "Thor" and Beta Ray Bill did not make any claims about being the God of Thunder either even though he gained the powers. In both cases though, Thor was still around and worthy and so his identity was not assumed.

So maybe it comes down to whether there is anybody else capable of the role. In Jane's case, Thor is unworthy and so she takes on the concept of Thor even though he is still around.

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    So maybe it comes down to whether there is anybody else capable of the role. In Jane's case, Thor is unworthy and so she takes on the concept of Thor even though he is still around.
    And let's not forget Eric Masterson. Thor was stripped of his godhood and thought dead, so Eric assumed the mantle for a good long period without anybody claiming he wasn't really Thor.