Deadeye Tracker's Activation Gems

Options
Brakkis
Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
So the Deadeye Tracker activates 3 black gems that "Exile the last 2 cards from your opponents graveyard. Then this creature Explores 1".

Unfortunately, even if you activate two or all three of them in the same turn, it is only counting as one. Any other card or loyalty ability that activates gems, if you proc more than 1, it counts each time. 

Comments

• ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed, seeing this mechanic as well.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I was just about to post something similar to this. And is it just me or does he not gain a buff if it doesn't make a match? AND, when you click on his card where it says Explore the text reads "abilityhint_explore" and the Activate text displays as "abilityhint_activate".
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't say 100% but I'm pretty sure I've activated him more than once per turn, though he is limited by how many cards are in your opponent's graveyard. If there's only two cards there, and you hit two gems, he'll only explore once. And if you hit a gem and there are no cards in the graveyard, he won't explore at all.
  • Bullvinne
    Bullvinne Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Oh well if it requires cards to be in their graveyard then this rare just got bumped to the crapheap lol. You should atleast the the explore regardles of their GY.  Also, it should activate multiple times on a match of two or more of them.

I can verify that I have noticed it misfiring as well.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Exile cards from the graveyard is part of this cost. He's not as solid as he might have been if he explored regardless, but still something I take as a regular addition to black decks, even if just to get rid of Prized Amalgams in opponents' graveyards.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wereotter said:
    I can't say 100% but I'm pretty sure I've activated him more than once per turn, though he is limited by how many cards are in your opponent's graveyard. If there's only two cards there, and you hit two gems, he'll only explore once. And if you hit a gem and there are no cards in the graveyard, he won't explore at all.
    Ahhh maybe that would explain him not getting a buff because he wasn't exploring since there waa no cards in the graveyard. Good catch. Too bad those 2 things can't operate independently.