Power Man & Iron Fist

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
A classic pairing. Like chocolate and peanut butter.

I recently champed 4-star Luke Cage and I'm near ready to champ Hobofist and finally have both of these guys in my 4-star fold. They have some obvious synergy in their power descriptions, but I have two questions before I do so because champing Hobo will mean letting a Drax cover die on the vine.

1) Is their synergy effective in practice?
2) Is there a good third in the 4-star tier (or below) to use with them?

Comments

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I think Danny is a better prospect than Drax.  The third should be anybody who can buff their tiles and/or a black generator.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture is the bomb with Hobofist. 
    Mockingbird goes beautifully with both
    Elektra does as well
    Rogue is great with both

i want to try Nightcrawler and 4* Black Panther with them. Shuri too. 

• Dormammu
    Elektra does as well
    Electra? Interesting. How does she fit in to the strategy?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    They work great together. In addition to the explicit bonuses to their yellow and green powers, Danny's black and blue help power up C4ge's yellow, and C4ge's black sets up Danny's.

My default is C4ge at 5/5/3 and Danny at 3/5/5, but with Medusa or someone else taking care of enemy Special Tiles, C4ge is great at 5/3/5 (especially when boosted. That red just gets nuts), and I do run Danny at 5/5/3 reasonably often, and occasionally (in single-opponent fights like Bosses) 5/3/5

I've also run C4rol with them. Works best with a countdown-generating Team-up or three, but she fits in just fine. C&D or Medusa are probably my fave third members, tho.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Elektra does as well
    Electra? Interesting. How does she fit in to the strategy?
    Elektra 5/3/5
    Hobofist 4/4/5
    Cage 5/5/3

Fist needs strikes on the field to begin the chain of blue to green to black (or a lot of shields on the field so he can go black 1st, then blue to green). But even at 5, his blue needs another strike on the field to begin the chains. That’s where Elektra comes in. 

Her cheap Double Double Cross at 5, turns any 2 shields, strikes, or attack tiles to strikes and pumps up their effectiveness. With 2 of those on the field, you then only need 6 blue of Fist instead of 12 or more. Also, Elektra’s Dance of Death gives you that attack tile damage to tack on and steals red, black, and purple each turn. She gets the train moving VERY QUICKLY against other A/St/Sh tile placers.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    They work very well together and sine of the good combos have been suggested already, I would also suggest C&D as a third.  The more yellow you generate the more dangerous that team gets, Cage's yellow that paired with IF blue you will be +20K for 8 yellow in a couple of turns. 

Either of the New Black Panther characters will also make a great 3rd.  BP with Cage will have so many shield tiles on the board after a couple of rounds the passive damage alone from the shield damage will be crazy good with some of IF attack tiles on the board.  His sister will lower all the powers to very low ap costs and has a chance of fortifying tiles to buff Cage's yellow.  Do not regret leveling IF over Drax he is a really solid 4.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I still run C4ge/IF4/Medusa for every DDQ Big Enchilada. There's normally plenty of npc's spamming abilities to proc C4ge's protect tiles; which can either be turned in to strikes by IF4, or effectively make you invincible.  And Medusa plops out extra tiles to fortify. 

I normally aim for IF4 green to speed up his black, followed by his blue to power up C4ge's yellow AND his own green again. If you can fire his black when there are 4 enemies left, C4ge then takes out the 3rd to last, and IF4's green takes out the last two. 
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I used Shuri with them in this last event and she works great with them. I had HF at 5/3/5, cage at 5/5/3, and my Shuri is new at 2/1/2.  Her red quickly makes cages yellow do big damage, and they quickly get enough fortified tiles to activate her blue passive (a great help). I picture using her at 5/4/4 to make a great trio.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Not a 4* but I think Phoenix is a great 3rd to pair with them. Quick strikes, and Cages protects can save you from the enemy attack tiles she might make.  I imagine Nico world work well as a 3rd to help with full rainbow.

Their synergy is ok, but I think there are better partners to get the same effects. Fist gives that extra protect, but he mainly helps Cage but making fortified tiles. Mr Fantastic or the new Panther and Shuri do that better now. Cage helps Fist by making protects to flip, but Wasp or Carol are better for flipping/ buffing tiles. I think Fist needs to be paired with strike makers more than protect makers.
  • Dormammu
    Okay, so I champed Hobofist and... wow. I like him. So far I've only teamed him with 4Cage and Cloak & Dagger, but that team really kicks some tail.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Okay, so I champed Hobofist and... wow. I like him. So far I've only teamed him with 4Cage and Cloak & Dagger, but that team really kicks some tail.
    I thought his show was just garbage, but I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I like him in the game. MPQ did a much better job with him than Netflix did.