Game freeze in Avacyn’s Madness 5.1 [Fixed in 2.7]

Gilesclone
Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
edited October 2018 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
The AI finished its turn and I can’t swap gems, look at my hand or pull up my PW window.   The AI has Goldknight Castigator and a small stack of Devils in play, both are Cast Out.  I don’t think the AI finished its turn.  The battle log shows nothing past its mana gain for the turn.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby
    Several players are reporting that the match freezes during the opponents turn while Goldnight Castigator is on the board. 
    In my experience this occurred the turn after Goldnight was cast. The opponent made it's gem match but then froze before it's creatures attacked.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Several more reports in Discord of this freeze with Castigator out. 
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    One more, Goldknihht Castigator was in battleground but it was there many turns before the game got frozen.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    rafalele said:
    One more, Goldknihht Castigator was in battleground but it was there many turns before the game got freeze.
    It seems AI has some other card in hand full when the freeze happens. 
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Here's a screenshot of the hung screen on 5.1 "Wolf of Devil's Breach"

Its the AI's turn. It just did a 5 match into a cascade and filled 4 cards mana. It cast Mirrorpool and Harness the Storm and is now just... sitting there.

Curious, is everyone experiencing this disabling the creatures?
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Thinking,  planning next movements. Stalling opponent. Ai become so realistic this days. Judge!
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Brakkis said:
    Here's a screenshot of the hung screen on 5.1 "Wolf of Devil's Breach"

Its the AI's turn. It just did a 5 match into a cascade and filled 4 cards mana. It cast Mirrorpool and Harness the Storm and is now just... sitting there.

Curious, is everyone experiencing this disabling the creatures?

hey look, player match 5, pity it will cost you 2 shields
    to take it.

HH
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Got it too. Frustration great, there goes the perfect score. 
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I got frozen out when the AI cast Goldnight on its first turn the first time I played this node. The second time it cast Goldnight again, but it didn't freeze, and I stole Goldnight and ended up winning. Based on a few things, this might be related to the Wolf trying to cast Altered Ego on Goldnight. Has anyone seen Altered Ego cast properly in this battle? On Goldnight?
  • ChowDerHead
    ChowDerHead Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I'm just glad I'm not the only one encountering this issue.  Game would play for a while, and then just get a random freeze.  As mentioned above, it seems like it's when the AI has a card in hand that's ready to cast.  I thought I could beat it in a race by packing hand destruction, but the game just adapts* and generates a cascade large enough to cast the mystery card. Had this happen a total of three times before giving up.  In the interest of not throwing my phone across the room, I just stopped playing the fifth node.

* merely a ghost in the machine theory, no concrete proof of such a thing. But, boy, I wish I could get some cascades that let me cast my entire hand.
  • MDsupa
    MDsupa Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Yeap just froze for me as well.  he cast Mirror Pool and just stop moving.  I can click on Menu and Quit out...  AI just quit.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to pass this along to the QA team for review.