When to make the jump to Level 7

Options
cgrubb80
cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
I have a good amount of 3*s and three 4*s.  I have been doing well on level 6 PVE.  I do not do well in Wacanda or Simulator.  When should I try to make the jump up or just try a random event?  Let me know if you need to see my roster.  Thanks.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once you have a good number of 3-stars champed (over half) SCL 7 should be manageable. If you don't have any boosted threes for a particular event it might get a bit hairy.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Assuming that you have Strange, try it on a goon-heavy event. 

Strange Sights (which is next up) might be okay, but the mindless ones have a fair bit of health and some pretty nasty powers. Some of the 2* essential nodes are stinkers too.
  • cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Strange sights is a bit challenging even with my strange.  I will try SCL 7 after I get back from vacation.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The jump in difficulty from 6 to 7 is substantially smaller than it looks when you just see the level ranges for each SCL. The only one that goes up to the top end there is the 5* essential that they add in SCL7 and above. Other than that, I think it's about the same difference as between any other two SCLs.

And even if you don't have the necessary 5*, you still get a 4* from Progression, which can be very helpful for building your roster. Without the 5*, tho, it's hard to get the t50 placement in each sub for the HP reward, so if you need HP for roster slots, SCL6 might be a better option for then.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Try it out sometime when a fourstar you want is the progression reward. That way, even if you don't get good placement you at least get something you need from it.
    Having the essential fivestar is by no means required by the way. That node is only worth a handful of points in SCL7, so you don't lose that much by not being able to play it.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you want or need the 4* progression cover then I would go up. The Ultron sub will make you wish you hadn't though. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    ***Moving this over to Roster and Level Help, in Tips and Guides, where it belongs***
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm still in 3* land with a good amount of champed 3* but not 4*. I tried SCL 7 a few times before but I dropped back SCL 6 because I don't have the required 4* or 5*. The difficulty level isn't that much of an increase. It depends on whether you want higher placement.

To give you a preview, I can get top 50 without having 4* or 5* essential in SCL 7.  For SCL 6, I would get top 20 or top 50 depending on how optimal my clear is. The clearing speed for other players in SCL 7 is a lot much faster. 
  • cschwinge
    cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I hop into SLC7 for anything goon heavy, and where I want the 4* from progression. As long as your Strange is champed and yellow set to 5, you should be ok there. The current event Heart of Darkness is a perfect example of goon-heavy

I'd say that having the essential 4* is more important than the 5*. But if you work at it, you can get the essential 4* from progression on the second day (third day for longer events), then grind out the 6/6 on him that day.

But I've given up on top-anything. I just work through 6 or 7 clears on my own schedule and let my placement take care of itself.