The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    All the grammar mistakes on Ixalan cards are super annoying. I understand that there might be some Portuguese/English translation issues but get a native English speaker to proofread them. It can't be that hard to do. 
    especially after a good number of us here (myself included) volunteered to help fix the cards for free.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    The sad thing is that its hard to modified cards after an update. They move on to next thing. Ixalan has very good mechanics and it'll be good for cards to get some touch of love.
    Not sure if we should hold getting new cards in case they move on, or get them anyway in hope of some readjustments in the future.

• FindingHeart8
    So Avaricious Dragon's "destroy 3 gems of an opponents color" does not activate at all when facing an AI artifact planeswalker (in events like Fateful Showdown).  Good to know.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    So Avaricious Dragon's "destroy 3 gems of an opponents color" does not activate at all when facing an AI artifact planeswalker (in events like Fateful Showdown).  Good to know.
    Did you try playing against the opponent with void gems on the board? I haven’t tried myself. Just curious.
  • Indymon
    Indymon Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I am angry and annoyed about the fact that playing a lot and even investing money in some 'bundles' to get 400 purple gems together can still reward you with a duplicate mythic. It's not like anyone is even likely to have a lot of mythics. But still, even with the relatively large pull of possible new cards, the game still decided to give me 750 orbs instead of a new mythic. So 400 purples = 750 orbs. I don't know in which kind of bizarre universe this could be perceived as a good bargain, but where I'm sitting this looks like yet another aspect in which investment by the player (both time and money) and return by the game don't match at all. The expense is phenomenal and the return is almost nothing.

This is the worst thing ever. Totally agree. Must be fixed. 
  • FindingHeart8
    Froggy said:
    Did you try playing against the opponent with void gems on the board? I haven’t tried myself. Just curious.
    it was the first Fateful Showdown opponent, the artifact snake).  I'd suspect that if the Dragon ever could destroy void gems, it would have to be against a colorless Eldrazi opponent.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I've beaten every story mode battle at least once, and only have heroic encounters left to 100%. The new AI and cascades make some of them a nightmare, especially Chandra. The third encounter where win in 25 or more rounds is an objective is the worst. I was trying to use Cast Out, and managed to lock all her creatures 3 times, every time she hit my Cast Out with Demolish. I also had out a New Perspectives cast first with more shields, and a Drake Haven cast later with less shields every time. She only ever played Demolish when I had all of her creatures locked. The chances of this happening randomly are 1/27 just for hitting Cast Out every time. She also got such ridiculous cascades that she was able to use her first ability almost every turn. I only managed to win because the third time I had set up a pile of drakes to disable, and happened to cast Djeru's Renunciation to save me from getting smashed by her giant creatures. This was before even making it to turn 15 btw.
  • FindingHeart8
    DBJones said:
    I've beaten every story mode battle at least once, and only have heroic encounters left to 100%. The new AI and cascades make some of them a nightmare, especially Chandra. The third encounter where win in 25 or more rounds is an objective is the worst. I was trying to use Cast Out, and managed to lock all her creatures 3 times, every time she hit my Cast Out with Demolish. I also had out a New Perspectives cast first with more shields, and a Drake Haven cast later with less shields every time. She only ever played Demolish when I had all of her creatures locked. The chances of this happening randomly are 1/27 just for hitting Cast Out every time. She also got such ridiculous cascades that she was able to use her first ability almost every turn. I only managed to win because the third time I had set up a pile of drakes to disable, and happened to cast Djeru's Renunciation to save me from getting smashed by her giant creatures. This was before even making it to turn 15 btw.
    I feel really...really stupid now for not completing all of storymode and keeping it as a emergency stash for crystals (in case they brought back the buy a mythic for X amount of crystals). :(
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I just managed to get that darn win in 25 or more objective with an Ob Nixilis kill-spell heavy deck, with FoTD and a few other supports to help out. She didn't cast a single Demolish! What the heck, man!?
  • Sinitar
    Sinitar Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    There needs to be a masterpiece cap in decks cause when loyal retainers Black Vice and Sword of War and Peace all come out and they keep throwing vindicate at me for good measure you just kinda pick up your ball and go home
  • FindingHeart8
    Sinitar said:
    There needs to be a masterpiece cap in decks cause when loyal retainers Black Vice and Sword of War and Peace all come out and they keep throwing vindicate at me for good measure you just kinda pick up your ball and go home
    oh dang that's viscous.

I've heard a few players claim in the past they've spent over $10,000 on this game.  If any of those claims were true, you might have just faced one of them (or a player that was really active in abusing the old masterpiece elite pack draws).
  • Sinitar
    Yeah I have been playing since May of last year and I've only managed to pull two so far and they aren't even the top tier ones
  • FindingHeart8
    Sinitar said:
    Yeah I have been playing since May of last year and I've only managed to pull two so far and they aren't even the top tier ones
    that's still pretty good!  I've opened maybe 10 elite packs by now...always the worst non-masterpiece mythic of the set (with Baral being the 1 exception).

Moral of the story to take from this is to never go gambling lol

• julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    FindingHeart8 said:

that's still pretty good!  I've opened maybe 10 elite packs by now...always the worst non-masterpiece mythic of the set (with Baral being the 1 exception).

Or, that your luck is due for a change and you should go gambling ASAP. ;)
  • FindingHeart8
    edited March 2018
    Sinitar said:
    oh dang that's viscous.

I've heard a few players claim in the past they've spent over $10,000 on this game.  If any of those claims were true, you might have just faced one of them (or a player that was really active in abusing the old masterpiece elite pack draws).

I beg to differ. I have 9 MPs. I've spent around 200 on this game in almost 2 years of playing. Never abused the re-rolls (except the one time I legit got two Swarm Intelligence dupes in a row, forget that). I just played every TOTP and got some lucky draws.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
    I don't know what you're differing on.  While it's great you've had (what I would identify as) a very lucky streak, mixed with time committed to this game...I've heard players claim to have spent that much money on this game, and I've also heard players claim to abuse the old masterpiece system.  Unless you're saying all those players were lying, it's entirely possible that's what Sinitar faced.
  • FindingHeart8
    julianus said:
    FindingHeart8 said:

Or, that your luck is due for a change and you should go gambling ASAP. ;)
    aaah gambler's fallacy.  If I followed that I have a pretty good hunch I'd be a very poor man, very very quickly ;)
  • Sinitar
    New rant: lone rider needs a re-work i personally think it needs to be a higher tier of Rarity for what it does but mainly it's life gain trigger needs to reset every time it goes away or is bounced which it currently does not I can literally bounce it as a 1/1 (it having done 3 life gain dmg)then the opponent re-casts...does just one hit then immediately turns into a 4/4 even more annoying if there are more already out on the battlefield... Just alittle something that personally annoys the hell out of me
  • MTG_Mage
    MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    I'll lighten the mood here.
    I just opened a 5 card booster that had two mythics and a rare! aaand there was only 4 mythics in that set I didn't have yet both were new! (rare was a dupe) plus one of the mythics is one of the best creatures in the game, Ulrich, and I have wanted it since that set came out.
    That more than makes up for the previous pack that I just opened which had two of the exact same dupe card in it, and that always really bothers me.
    So ya, that just happened :)
  • _Daromax_
    _Daromax_ Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    I had a very tough day but today I was going to finally get 400 pink crystals for a new card from this generous pool. Last Time I got Bloody Baron of Vizkopa. Guess what I got today...
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    @MTG_Mage
    Funny: I pulled two new mythics and a (dupe) rare out of the EMN booster as well! Gisela and the grafwidow