I've never used...

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
...Captain America's yellow ability.

As I was doing DDQ today I threw in 2-star Captain America just to change up my normal routine, and I realized that I have never, ever, used either his or his 3-star counterpart's yellow ability. And I used 3Cap in a lot of fights when I was in 3-star land. It got me wondering who else out there had abilities I've never used.

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I actually remember using it once during his pvp and Carol was boosted. My Cap was tanking yellow, with her passive I made enough ap. 
    I've never used 5* Panthers yellow. Since he's 2/0/4. But I'm sure I used any abilities I had at least once. Dr Strange's purple might be the least used for a much used character.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Blades black power
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Can't remember using Vision's Red after Yellow. Can't even remember what it does. Have used the base version and after Blue.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've almost never used those single characters boosts they keep making.  I used some on Kraven and Nico cause they're pretty weak 1v1 but other than that they just rot in my menus now.  Yay...
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    I've almost never used those single characters boosts they keep making.  I used some on Kraven and Nico cause they're pretty weak 1v1 but other than that they just rot in my menus now.  Yay...
    My Nico one got some use during the current Panther event. Mine started the event 5/5/2 and hadn't been leveled.
  • Dormammu
    broll said:
    I still have some of the old boosts to damage against Dark Avengers, mutants, etc  :o
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would probably help if its cost wasn't so hilariously high. What is it, 19 yellow or something?

I've used it once or twice with the 3* version, and the protects are admittedly beasty, but like... 19 AP? Bruh.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Squirrel Girl's yellow is one I don't think I've ever used. Don't know the AP cost, but toss out 3 shields and end the turn? Get outta here. 
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I hadn't used it until recently...I played SRSS with Mockingbird once recently and opportunist fired his yellow a couple times...that's the only time I've seen it go off though.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blades black power
    For a minute I thought you were talking about Nightstalker.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Blades black power
    I was gonna say. 4* Blade, sure. 3* Blade, no way that goes in this list. Especially since I had him and C4rol both champed before the Repeater Tile nerf.

I can't honestly think of anything to add. I'm pretty sure I've fired every power on every character I have at least once, if only for completeness's sake.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    Blades black power
    Nope 4 blade should have been more specific :)  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never used Sentry's Sacrifice power. One strike tile? Sure, it's beefy at high levels but just one for like 1K + self damage which will inevitably be matched straight away by the AI next turn? No ta.
  • Dormammu
    I came up with a couple more I've never used.

4-star r&g: I know this is a cliche, but I've never used either of their active abilities.

3-star Hulk: Never used his red. I mean, why bother?
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
      I can't honestly think of anything to add. I'm pretty sure I've fired every power on every character I have at least once, if only for completeness's sake.

I'm with ya there, I like to try to use everything once, just to see if I can figure out what strategy elements I'm missing out on. That being said, it took me surprisingly little time to find something to add to this list.

2* Hawkeye, either of his active powers. Back in the day I used him in conjunction with 2* Mags for his passive tiles, but I don't think I ever bothered to fire his actives.

• dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I came up with another....Falcaps red. Sure he was my first champed 4, but I still haven’t gained enough AP to fire it!  :D 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    4ocket's green is particularly fun with C4rol, that way you don't have the danger of it going off in your face. Just drop it down, command decision for many thousands of AoE damage, buff up those strikes. Or, if Danger is your middle name, leave it out and get an extra chunk of match damage (not insignificant if he's paired with say 5* Lord) every turn until it probably blows up in your face. His blue is...not my favorite blue. But if it's ready to go, i'll throw it out there.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:

I'm with ya there, I like to try to use everything once, just to see if I can figure out what strategy elements I'm missing out on. That being said, it took me surprisingly little time to find something to add to this list.

2* Hawkeye, either of his active powers. Back in the day I used him in conjunction with 2* Mags for his passive tiles, but I don't think I ever bothered to fire his actives.

I have to say that I quite like 2* Haweye's red but countdown to stun not so much.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    I tried all once i think, just to see animation and to simply see how they work.. Even SquirrelGirl yellow has its use with Gamora4 deadliest woman...

Oh wait, just thought of something... all latest characters red or purple powers off course... :-)

Dormammu said:
    I came up with a couple more I've never used.

4-star r&g: I know this is a cliche, but I've never used either of their active abilities.

3-star Hulk: Never used his red. I mean, why bother?
    Go open the game, turn on animations and fire RNG4 green. Now! Made me smile every time. :-) 

(dont forget to turn off animations again afterwards)

• Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Wacky tobaccy.  Just say no.