4* DDQ: Sandman vs Black Suit Spidey

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
Quite impressed with my lv150 4/4/5 Sandman, who got this first time with +2 all AP, +100% crit damage, +40% all damage

Focused on denying Blue at all costs. Managed to get two match-5s to take advantage of the crit boosts. Just before Spidey got 6 Blue i managed to lay down some Protects, which totally blunted Spidey. A second Sand Smash turned out to fulfill the condition to do damage, which downed Spidey. I didn't even have to use Sandy's Green.

Token to the hoard

Comments

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    281 5/3/5 Sandman, no boosts.  It was relatively easy, just chase green and yellow.  Spidey tried hiding but he matched the tile almost immediately. Soon after, he got blasted and smashed.

LT to the hoard.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty easy for my 5/3/5 Level 290. Got him first try, no boosts. Finished with 11325 health; token to the hoard. 

I actually had the favorable board in terms of colors and criticals. I had at least two, and I don't think he managed any. 

I didn't even really try to deny him any colors, other than the green I was also going for. I think he stunned me with Taek-Web-Do twice. I managed to collect 21 yellow AP before anything else, so I double-fired Sand Smash for the damage. By the time I got 9 green, BSSpidey was down to about 1300 health, so that easily finished him off.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not tried this yet but with a lvl 70 1/5/4 Sandman I'm obviously gonna have to put some iso in to him - any recommendations on lowest rank to level to for a shot?
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Manage to win at 4th try with lv 168 Sandman at 4/3/2 with +2 Green and Black AP, +40% Match Damage, +20% Blue and Purple Damage. I think it is important to deny his green as his blue hit quite low with 1 turn stunned and being AI, he never fire his blue twice in a low for the massive damage.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Not tried this yet but with a lvl 70 1/5/4 Sandman I'm obviously gonna have to put some iso in to him - any recommendations on lowest rank to level to for a shot?
    I've seen quite a few people say they like to get them to the 120-150 range. Just depends on the character and the match up. I've won with characters as low as Level 90 (using boosts, of course, and getting a bit lucky with the board).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Disappointed the thread wasn't named "Enter Sandman" or some variety thereof. Oh well, that's what I get for being busy when it goes live.

Anyway, champion Sandman had no trouble. Devs threw a soft ball here, it was probably one of the easiest possible opponents. Got to use all Powers too I Think.

• KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler

Got it on the 2nd attempt 5/3/1 Sandman lvl 120 +2 all, +2 G/B and 100% match boosts

1st attempt was a green starved board (I did not make 1 green match all round) and I got done my blue and match damaged. 2nd attempt, a few more greens to be had, still only had a couple hundred health left.

Token added to the pile (to be opened once the new chars rotate in)

• DAZ0273
    DarthDeVo said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I've seen quite a few people say they like to get them to the 120-150 range. Just depends on the character and the match up. I've won with characters as low as Level 90 (using boosts, of course, and getting a bit lucky with the board).
    Cheers for that. It isn't too big an iso price to go to 120, so think I will try that first and go from there.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got on 2nd attempt with 3/5/5 L292 largely due to bad board with green and unfamiliarity with character.  5/3/5 would definitely be a better solo build.

+1 to the hoard
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    5/4/3 no boosts, left my finger on the button a little too long and leveled up to 156 just for the crash. First try didn't deny blue and it got ugly fast. Second try went better, still no walk in the park, but walked away with about 2k health.

Vulture champ level.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ Sandman, 271 or 272, I forget. First try, no boosts. I did respec to 5/3/5 in case I hit the double yellow, and sure enough, I did. That plus a green put Spidey down before he fired a power.

Hoarding the token for now.
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Lvl 250 4/5/3 sand of a beach took two tries and some lucky match fives (but no boosts) to get enough ap for his pricey powers to win the day. I'll take it. 

Token gave a Son of Coul champ level for some cp. 
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    First try with lv 278 5/3/5 Sandman, no boosts. Denied green, Spidey fired blue three times over the course of the match but the stun was largely irrelevant. 

Managed to sand smash him to death. Oh, and Sandman's purple sucks hard. 

Token to the hoard. 
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Super generous board for my lv 280 5/3/5 Sandman.  Started off with plenty of green matches to make, so went after them and hit him with a Sand Blast.  Then had 2 match-5's to make, which also cascaded into the critical tiles matching with each other.  When Spidey came to, I hit him with another Sand Blast, then I shifted the sands just for fun and finished him off with my Sandman still above 16800 health.  Spidey couldn't do much more than stand there statuesque.

LT gave me Sandman for my troubles.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    5/4/4 lvl 280 was a cake walk. Fired green twice and a double sand smash and walked away with a token for the pile.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a 5/4/2 level 209 sandman. I failed about 3 times un-boosted, and went in with +2 to all colors and got it no problem. Token got me a yellow Nico, who is now 5/2/5. Looking forward to the race to save covers for her off the vine as soon as that is least convenient...
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    3/2/4 188 Sandman. 

1st try with green +2 and all +2. Great board that allowed me to fire green 3 times and yellow twice. Finished with 7000+ health.
  • DAZ0273
    I finally had to boost him up to Lvl 160 (from 70) so the iso was more than I wanted to spend but my 1/4/5 won on 5th attempt, previously I just couldn't stop him getting blue.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    It took a few tries but I finally got it with my 5/4/4 level 110 Sandman. Used 2 R/Y, 2 G/B, and 2 all color boosts. Denying blue is key, had 4500 hp left at the end.

LT to the hoard
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5 lv. 285

Pretty simple. Focused on green to both stun Spidey and deny hit big attack. He used blue several times, but the damage was minimal. Just fired what I had as I could and just wore him down.

Token to the hoard.